A Game Of Blackjack - Prologue (FreshlyPillowed)

This is gonna be a very new thing for me, i really seem to struggle with sentance structure in storys and shall we say “pacing” but im sick of having ideas in my head for stories and never writing anything down so let us know how this sounds ill continue it if enough people like how it sounds okay here we go wuvwuvwuv :glee:

Do you know what the worst part about being a feral breeder is? the abundence of fluffs who try to follow you home, you know how it is you find a stallion or mare with a decent color on it but that fluff only goes and has a herd, in that herd he has a special freind, like 5 babbehs and oh like is so happy and oh the heart happies are everywhere, ferals are so braindead half of them will be dead by the end of the week either its the elements or its the abuseboxers roaming the streets that will get them its inevitable. and yet they still try and chase you and save their partners, like what are they expecting to do once they catch up to you, such dumb creatures why people keep them around is beyond me.

Im woken up around one to the sound of blackjacks dumdass fluff rummaging around some abandoned boxes in the alleyway near my hotel AGAIN!

“Uhhhhh its like 3am why WHY do these things insist on whining so much at night, they have a shit time no matter what time it is, OI YOU LITTLE RAT FUCK GO THE FUCK AWAY”

HUUUUUHUUUUU NO WIKE AWWEY, BOXIE NU SMEWW PWETTY NU MOW, SMEWW WIKE POOPIES AND BOO BOO JUICE

“MAYBE THATS A HINT THAT YOU SHOULD FUCK OFF SOMEWHERE ELSE, YOU AINT GONNA SEE BLACKJACK AGAIN HES MINE NOW SO HOP IT!”

i quickly realise how stupid im being, shout and blackjack might wake up and i cant have a none co-operative stallion if he refuses to breed effectivly this trip is a dud.

the mawe slowly shows herself peeking her head out at first to see if the coast is clear all while i am leaning over my window trying to get a good glimpse of this mare who cant help but whine about losing blackjack to me, blackjack is a fluffy i picked up around a week ago id say, talk about hitting a jackpot the thing is all black, you heard me right ALL BLACK black hair black coat. the rarity of finding black fluffies is rare enough since hasbio programed these abominations to respond positivly to “pwetty babbehs”, you know the type the bright pink the yellows the obnoxiously vibrant colors who think they deserve the world them types, so hasbio made them in abundence and made it so when they would start breeding the likely hood of “pwetty” colors would be much higher, hence why brown babbehs are so hated by other fluffys its all in the programming it makes them feel like bad mummahs.

So… you may ask yourself so why is black so special, well you see black isnt a color at all its a shade which means this paticuler fluffie didnt get a pigmented color at birth, this is very abnormal and because of this they are worth a fortune to “private buyers”, basically abuseboxers with more money then sence but their money is as good as anyone elses so who am i to complain, dont bite the hand that feed you i guess.

I grab my torch off the bedside cabinet an point it down onto the alleyway below, jesus she is heavily pregnant id say she will be having her babys any day now

“YOU KNOW YOU WILL BE HURTING YOUR TUMMY BABBEHS WALKING ALL THIS WAY, YOU SHOULD BE RESTING”

“BUH BABBEHS NEED SPECIAL-FREND, BABBEHS NEED A DADDEH SNIFF WIW… WIW MISTER BE NEW DADDEH EN WET STAY IN HOUSIE WIV BWACKJACK BABBEHS WIW WUV YU EN DADDEH FOWEVEW, WIW GIVE BESTEST HEART HAPPIES!”

I check her out, colors are bang average purple with blue flicked out hair, almost looks styled somewhat i reckon she belonged to someone at some point a mare shoudnt have hair that short. i sigh and consider my next move, sure i could just throw something at her or scare her off but if blackjack hears her in pain or distress it could be game over, i told him i was a farmer who was gonna take him to a area he could collect all the nummies he needs for his family so hes been quiet and co-operating which is how i like it nice and simple once hes sold he can freakout all he likes hes no longer my problem, on the other hand she clearly will be a drain of resources ill have to feed her and she will want even more since she will probably give birth before i sell blackjack and i dont see the babbehs being anything special although, blackjack could in theory carry the black over… the programming says otherwise but hey if he managed to come out black it is possible his babbehs could well… maybe one of them.

its a risk, but im sick of selling average fluffies to brokie parents who want to but their kids another pet to ignore and neglect after getting bored of it after 2 days, probably what happened to this mare fluffies used to be lucrative, these days you are talking a couple dollars per fluff, they have bred themselves into irrelevency… but not anymore i wont let this chance slip if i have to treat blackjack and this bitch with kid gloves so be it.

“where did you come from, i know you had a herd i mean before that”

“Viowet hav mummah… had mummah… mumma said Viowet awways hav ugwy babbehs sniff say viowet is nu gud onwy gud for owwies and nu ugwy bwack babbehs, mummah wan pwetty pinkie babbehs and dancing bwue babbeh en dey get wuv and huggies and wiw be bestest bebb…”

“oh great so you want me to take you in and your piss poor stock of…

did you say black?”

“yus huu huuu mummah nu wan bwack and gwey ugwy babbehs wan pwetty babbehs! daddeh wiw help viowet wiv new babbehs, pwomise babbehs wiw beh pwettiest of aww dis time!”

i whisper under my breath not if i can help it
“okay fine you won me over ill come let you in, you can sleep in the hallway for tonight you look filthy ill see to you in the morning”

and in the morning if all goes well… i could be alot richer. :star_struck:

2 Likes

A good first go at a purely prose story! I think the premise is interesting, a guy who only breeds/sells ferals will have much more interesting behavior to deal with than a normal breeder with well behaved stock. Just a few considerations about the grammar, I noticed a lot of run on sentences that could be broken up into more distinct thoughts, or could have some commas thrown in to create time for the reader to process stuff. Don’t sweat it too much though, my first attempt at writing switched between first and second-person perspective and I had to go back and fix it lol

Thanks for the feedback, it for me is very much a "should this require a comma do i add commas mid sentence for example

so its like head talking right its a though but once he starts shouting its him pysically shouting out so is putting a comma there correct should i start a new line once i change perspectives etc etc

ill work on it its weird drawing and writing is never something i had any idea in then i come back to this community just to lurk and im having a great time, if anything im learning something new :glee:

Thanks again :blush:

2 Likes

Just as an example I might do it this way, but do remember that writing style is still your choice and personality, this is just my English class talking.

Do you know what the worst part about being a feral breeder is? The abundance of fluffs who try to follow you home. You know how hit is, you find a stallion or mare with a decent color on it, but only that fluffy goes; and that fluffy has a herd, in that herd he has a special friend, like five babbehs and oh the heart happies are everywhere! Ferals are so braindead half of them will be dead by the end of the week, either it’s the elements or it’s the abuseboxers roaming the streets that’ll get them. It’s inevitable, and yet they still try to chase you and save their partners. Like what are they expecting once they catch up to you? Such dumb creatures, why people keep them around is beyond me.

2 Likes

Good looking out Owl for the category change I’ll be good from now on :hugs: