A line crossed by (that1hugboxer)

You are Alber Piaf , a fluffmart employee by trade and a garage scientist in hobby. It was the end of the work week which meant that all the unsold fluffs were to be incinerated. You worked out a deal with your boss. You were allowed to take the unsold fluffs home so long as you did it discreetly. Today’s haul was a gaggle of underfed poopies . You set them up in the garage as best you can. You don’t torture them but you do use them for experiments.

Inside the garage is some old lab equipment, nothing state of the art but it functioned and that was enough. On one of the tables was a small cylindrical tank containing the a fluffy brain suspended in cerebral fluid and kept alive through IV. The new fluffies were kept fed and cared for until they were needed . Slowly but surely over the course of several months you began the process of growing a new body for the fluffy brain. You harvest cerebral fluid from the other fluffies to keep the brain alive. you made their end as painless as possible. You would give them anesthesia and they would simply never wake up. The other fluffies were always removed from the garage during this process. And when they asked what happened to the missing fluffy you simply stated “they went to skettie land.”

You gave these fluffies a life full of love and in exchange they gave you cerebral fluid for the brain.

About 4 months in you managed to grow a skull around the brain. You had to keep it hidden from the other fluffies as it scared them.Around the 6 month mark a skeletal structure was cloned. 8 months yielded organs and nerves , the fluffies were none the wiser as to the true fate of their friends. 10 months in and the muscles , fat and skin had formed, it was here that one of the fluffies decided to explore the garage.you didn’t want to harvest her but she would tell the other fluffies about what she had seen. No! You had come too far to let all your work be undone. You separate her from the other fluffies and pay it no more thought. Finally after 1 year the fluff and mane grew in. You carefully remove the newly completed fluff from the tank and cleaned him up. The moss green fluffy with salt white mane slowly opened his radiant white eyes eyes. Upon seeing your face he let out a series of shriek filled chirps. You hug the fluffy soothing him to sleep with a gentle rocking motion. The next 2 months would be spent trying to reinstate his vocabulary. It started with simple things like associating words with who, what,when,where,why and how.
He learned quickly but couldn’t string words together yet, he had stopped chirping and instead only said singular words. The following 4 months saw major improvement the fluffy could now string 3 to 4 words together at a time , this was about a third of what a normal fluffy could do but considering you revived him from a brain in a jar it was miles above what you thought possible.

6 additional months passed and his vocabulary further improved, he would now as far things in a manner closer to a fluffy of slightly less than average intelligence . The next month saw him regain nearly all the intelligence of an average fluffy . less than 4 days later he was full capacity. You had done it! You successfully revived a fluff from only a brain to its former self. It was time for the final test. Everything hinges on this, years of work. Setback after setback due to inexperience , this was the moment of truth. You sigh and ask him a simple question .

“Do you remember me?”

The fluffy pauses for a few moments before answering

“Daddy!?”

You chock on your words a little before regaining your composure.

“Yes….(sob). do you remember who you are?”

The fluffy thinks hard for a solid 3 minutes before opening his mouth to answer .

“Fwuffy am … shabwiwi?”

Your blood runs cold as you stumble backwards. You achieved your goal in full

“My God! If this is a dream don’t wake me up!”

You held Shabriri close while sobbing uncontrollably . His little wings fluttered with happiness. You bring out the mare that was separated from the other fluffies.

“Shabriri this is Dybbuk. She’s going to be your special friend moving forward.”

9 Likes

Now this is how science should be used when bring back the dead

1 Like

Part 2 coming as soon as I figure out what I actually want to do with this

3 Likes

This could be very loving. I think it’s almost every pet owner’s dream to have thier pets back and safe.
Looked like a long, harsh ride to get there, though.

That is a wonderful line.