A Series Of Rationally Stated Complaints/H83R Departure

@anon31982078 With all due respect, I really don’t care right now. I’ve been working the past 5 hours or so trying to set up a new server so that this site runs better than it does,

I don’t need people berating me for how I respond, or calling me “lazy and meek”.

I’m telling you how shit works here. I’m not the one who set up the rules, I’m telling you that’s how it was when I took over. I’m not opposed to changing the way we curate archived content, but that’s an entirely separate discussion. Of fucking course artists own their content, but you are being naive if you think that if we delete an image, it’s not going to eventually be reposted a couple years later on a different Fluffy site.

He wasn’t given the power, it was a power that’s innate to any admin. I wasn’t aware of it initially, in any case. However, I’m able to see any action taken by any admin, because we have server logs, and I can say he hasn’t done it ever since he’s done so in the first place.

Additionally, I’ve already spoken to him, and I’m likely to remove him from the team in the following days. I just don’t have the energy to defend him from allegations, and if people hate a staff member that much, then it’s counter-productive to have him on the team, just or not.

8 Likes

I can confirm this happens everywhere, moreso in fandoms under constant siege like the brony fandom and by extension this one.
Truth is, there’s always an archiver out there for whatever anyone does. Before fluffies were even a trend we were already fighting back the balete fucking everything from artists and musicians over the brony fandom. Reminder fluffies were born from us bronies’ rib, and thus the fluffy fandom inherited our obsession for archiving everything.
So what’s my point? No one who has set foot here and posted any art or software can erase its footprint. Your shit stays with us… FOREVERRRR. So erasing an account won’t destroy anything. Your past will remain. Your mistakes and your rights too. So… what would be the point on it?
Just deactivate the newsletters and email notifications and take a leave. Having an account in a site doesn’t mean you have to visit the site, duh.
Same goes for asking for permabans. It’s simply stupid. Don’t like the site? Pack your shit and make sure you don’t get notifications.

5 Likes

But thats then, we are talking about here and now, users have the opportunity there and then to decide what and where there content is shown, or at least they should. and as far as preservation effort should someone want to come back most artist will back up there content themselves plus if a user desides they want to leave they do it knowing their content will also be deleted or should.

what happens a month from now a year from now is irrelevent while the artist is present he/her and he/her alone should get a say on how his/her content is distributed.

Edit: just to clarify im not talking about my content specifically i spend like 5-10 minutes making my goofy ass pictures i only started due to feeling a little guilty for lurking for so long and not contributing anything

2 Likes

As a member of TFP I was never discriminated against, and I am left-leaning and openly queer as fuck, so what’s your point buddy ._.

7 Likes

Hooooo weeeeee this post is drawing out all the "literally who"s, and even a handful of oldfags whose names I bothered to remember

Also, thank you Nixy for speaking up in support of the server. It means a lot to know that I’m doing my job decently enough.

And I didn’t say it earlier, but also thank you to Jingles for having such kind things to say. I don’t care what a few nobodies have to say, you’re cool.

3 Likes

Mam nadzieję, że mimo wszystko utrzymamy kontakt ^^’ Masz discorda?

2 Likes

Like I mentioned, I had mostly good experiences and it feels like home ^^ Glad to be a part of this community, let’s just hope something gets settled here. So far all I’m seeing is a huge shitstorm, but I’m hoping for some overruling

5 Likes

Also, Virgil was right. Without him in charge this site goes to shit, which is very sad to see

5 Likes

Actually, I think Ryou is responding in a a more level-headed way than I ever could.
When he came home to a house on fire, he reacted with hoses.
I…tended to react with explosives.

9 Likes

You know what? Sometimes explosions WERE the answer for our little shit show ^^’

Why water down the fun when we can have nuclear blasting fuckin’ BOOMING fireworks?!

1 Like

Everything Ryou has said here is correct.
Discourse is great at a lot of things, but it lacks quite a bit of nuance when it comes to permissions.
For many settings it’s all or nothing.

“I want a person to able to transfer ownership of posts for archiving works”
“OH THAT’S AN ADMIN! YOU MUST GIVE FULL ADMINISTRATIVE PERMISSIONS TO SUCH A PERSON”

This is just one of many things that I would love to see edited for our particular instance, but that’s not particularly easy. Especially when most of us involved in the project also have regular jobs. (I’m pretty sure none of us is independently wealthy)

4 Likes

Now that everyone’s gotten it out of their system, I’ll be closing this thread else it be used as more of an excuse to stir up shit. Any further questions, feel free to DM me directly. I’ll be putting the site in read-only soon as I prepare a backup for the migration.

9 Likes