A Star is Born Comic 15/16 (Fluffus)

No. That mad dash to escape was Snowy’s last hurrah.

An ancient fluffy isn’t going to live through the shock of being set on fire.

Snowy’s given up the ghost with that death rattle.

1 Like

The way I see it insurance might cover the value of the house and car, plus perhaps a blanket value for the fluffy livestock.

It won’t cover the business loss of an especially valuable fluffy, whose value had not been realized.

It won’t really cover loss of income in a meaningful way, since they are self employed and were struggling to get their company off the ground.

The Fletchers were running on fumes financially, especially after the productivity loss of Bob being incapacitated.

3 Likes

Legit feel bad for Snowy, awful way to go

2 Likes

With him having stabbed that dude, she’s lucky they aren’t both taking a dirt-nap with baby Jesus.

Seems like maybe its the UK or somewhere in the Commonwealth. If it was the US, that dude would have 100% had a shotgun.

1 Like

Most homeowners policies cover your place and any possessions. Since fluffies are property, I think you could argue that one as documented in pictures as fancylad there would be covered for “fair market value.”

shrug

1 Like

I think it’s entertaining how we imagine the people we identify with would have guns and then use them expertly to defeat all evil. An evil that is of course displaying storm trooper level bad aim and headless chicken tactics.

Sometimes I think of the movie Fargo, the scene where a loud, self-assured rich guy brings a gun to negotiate with criminals who just shoot him when he tries to challenge them. Then he manages to finagle his gun out of his pocket, well after he’s already shot, and injures one criminal who promptly shoots him dead. That’s a pretty rare depiction of how things play out, but I kinda liked it. I imagine a US based version of this comic would have been a bit like that.

In my experience, when the shit hits the fan and money actually needs to change hands, banks and insurance companies admit very little value in “potential” value like contracts, deals, etc. And they’re good at finding loop hole-y counter examples of “market value”.

A house, sure, and a blanket sum for furniture. Fluffy livestock, especially with the questionable legal status of fluffies… not so much.

That red head is a psychopath bitch just like her boyfriend. She need to get punch in her face too. >:O

1 Like