A Story With No Name - Pt. 2 [by A-S]

Here is the continuation of this.

Scoot didn’t know why everything had gone wrong. He had been smart, waiting until the humans were distracted by the birdie-monsters flying above them before sneaking over to their food-laden blankie and quickly snatching a large, square nummie. It was red and white, with a brownish crust and some dark red round slices on top. Its taste reminded him of both sketties and milkies. Boy, he sure had missed the tantalizing flavour of human nummies. Grassies and rooties didn’t really taste amazing.

The problems started when the human stallion had turned towards him and had screamed at the top of his lungs, frightening Scoot out of his mind, causing him to make scaredy-poopies, right on the humans and their nummies. Then the chase had started. Taking the bad wordies that the human had said as his cue to run, the red pegasus had taken off through the vegetation, with the human getting up to pursue him.

He had begun yelling so much, telling Scoot to stop. But he hadn’t listened to him, because the fluffy knew the human would give him the worstest ouchies if he stopped. Luckily for the stallion, he had always been the fastest in the herd. Even more lucky was the fact the terrain favored him: he knew that whenever the human started shouting bad wordies and made a lot of noise, it was because a tree-friend had stopped him. Scoot made a mental note to come back and hug every tree later.

Meanwhile, at the hovel, the brown mare had started to grow worried about her special friend. It usually didn’t take him this long to come back from the water stream. What if something had happened to him? What if he needed help? She’d never forgive herself if anything bad were to befall her mate while she lazied about in the safety of their nest. Looking to her side, she saw her two beloved chirpies, a white pegasus and a tan earthie, snoring quietly in a small fluffpile, half covered by dried leaves. She knew what she had to do.

Hoping they wouldn’t wake up and feel scared upon being alone, the brown mare quietly left the hovel, to avoid waking her foals up. Once she had left the bushes surrounding the glade behind her, she picked up the pace.

“WHEN I GET MY HANDS ON YOU, I’M GOING TO BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF YOU, DAMN THIEVING SHITRAT!”

That terrible yell still lingered in Scoot’s mind, even though he thought he had finally managed to lose the human, his angry voice growing weaker the more distance he put between them.

Breathing a sigh of relief once he saw his glade’s bushies, he finally allowed himself to collapse to the ground, panting and lightly sobbing.

His leggies hurt. His heart was pounding, both out of fear and due to the desperate running. But worst of all, he felt horrible. He had taken a human’s nummies. Sure, it was for his special friends, though he couldn’t help but feel a mixture of sadness and shame over it. Worse still, he had almost brought a human to the safe nest his family lived in!

But he was finally safe. He’d go in his warm hovel, show his mate the loot and surely get lots of huggies and love that would make his saddies go away! He simply had to make his hearty-place stop thumping so loud, yet it seemed to be getting louder somehow…

The pegasus didn’t even have the time to connect the dots before he was grabbed by the scruff of his neck and lifted up into the air by an unseen force. The sudden takeoff caused him to yelp in surprise, dropping the human nummie.

“Bad upsies!”

A few inches from his muzzle was the human’s face, distorted in a mask of pure, unbridled rage. His not-fluff was stained with the fluffy’s own waste and looked torn, having probably gotten stuck in the vegetation during the chase.

“Got you… I always thought you stupid things were slower than a turtle, but you probably traded in what little brains your kind has for better legs. By the way, thanks for the convenient trail…”

The animal looked towards the direction the human was pointing towards and felt a chill go down his spine. There, on the green grass, laid one of the slices that initially covered the stolen nummie. He looked at the fallen prize below him and sure enough, some of the white and the small reddish circles were nowhere to be seen. They had likely fallen, providing the monster human with an easy way to track him down!

“You don’t even know how much you screwed up… do you?”

“Pwease nice mistah, Scoot am soww… OWIE!”

A strong slap to the face had immediately silenced the stallion’s pleas.

“No. You aren’t sorry. Not yet, anyway. Do you know how much time I put into trying to score a date with Erika? Do you have any idea how much money I invested? Gifts, nice food, all the shebang. And who decides to show up, right when I’m about to finally get to third base? A fucking fluffy. And of course, I get the only one who, instead of begging us for food like the filthy parasite you are, steals my pizza then blasts crap all over my new clothes and the remaining food. Erika will never go out with me ever again, and it’s ALL. YOUR. FAULT.”

The pegasus was trembling in fear. If he hadn’t already made them, he’d probably be having an issue keeping the scaredy-poopies in check.

“S…Scoot am weawwy sowwie… nu du ‘gain, pwease! It wus haxi-dunt… hooman mistah make woud noises, Scoot make scawedie poopies! Pwease, nice mistah, Scoot hab big tummeh huwties, jus’… jus’ wan nummies huuhuu…”

"Awww, that’s why you stole from me? You just wanted food for your tummy? Oh, you poor little fluffy, let me show you something. What you are feeling right now are not tummy hurties… THESE ARE."

With a quick movement, the man punched the animal in the stomach as hard as he could. An audible crack could be heard throughout the glade.

“SCREEAAARGLE! GAAGH! kaff kaff…huuhuu… nu feew pwetty… hab wowstes’ owwies eba!”

The poor stallion had gone limp. The terrible impact had made him throw up a mixture of half digested grassies and a copious amount of boo boo juice… right on the human’s two black not-hooves.

“YOU LITTLE SHIT! The poop on my trousers was not enough, now you barf on my shoes aswell?!”

He grabbed the fluffy by the throat and started lightly squeezing it, not wanting to break the animal’s neck. Despite the desperate animal’s struggles, he couldn’t stop the human. He was too strong for him. It was growing increasingly hard to breathe and the fluffy started to pee out of fear. Feeling the warm liquid streaming down his chest, the young man screamed in disgust and recoiled, letting the fluffy fall to the ground. Landing poorly on his hind leggies, the pegasus felt the bones snap in two and pierce his flesh and skin.

“SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!”

The mare had been on her way back from the stream, figuring her special friend had gone back to the nest. She was trying to convince herself everything would be ok and that it was all a mixup.

Trembling as he laid on the bloody grass, the stallion threw up once more due to both the unbearable pain and the utter shock. His mind was hanging onto his sanity by a thread. No longer capable of forming complete sentences, his pain-addled brain could only scream at his body that he was about to die and he had to hide. He began to crawl towards his hovel, knowing on an instinctual level that safety laid there and a mare would hug all his pain away.

Seeing that the fluffy was trying to get away, the human moved to intercept him.

“Wowstes’ ouchies…chirp chirp…hewp…chirp nee’ huggies…cheep…huwties…peep…mu…mummah…chirp chirp sabe…sabe fwufREEEEEEE! SCREEE!”

The human had stomped on one of his front leggies, hard, the bone shattering under the pressure.

“Where do you think you’re going? Look at this mess! Fucking fluffy…”

But the pegasus was no longer able to respond or even crawl. He was meekly mewling and peeping like a newborn foal, every pain receptor in his broken body flaring up simultaneously. In his state of primordial fear and excruciating pain, he had but a moment to think about his special friend, hoping the monster human wouldn’t find her and the foals. He regretted that he’d be unable to see his own babies grow up. Lost as he was in the fog of his own mind, he hadn’t realized he couldn’t breathe anymore. His shattered ribs had punctured his lungs. Soon, everything went dark.

The man knelt down. He was panting hard. Why was the damn thing no longer moving? Was he… was he throwing up blood? His musings were interrupted by some twigs snapping behind him.

“Tyler!? Are you alright? What happened here? There’s… there’s blood everywhere… OH GOD WHAT THE FUCK?”

“Erika! I… it’s not what it looks like, I swear! I just was… it got out of hand ok? I didn’t mean to…”

“Didn’t mean to do what? Maul a fucking fluffy to death like a fucking caveman? Oh god, I think I’m gonna be sick! Did you break his… WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU? ALL OF THIS OVER A FUCKING SLICE OF PIZZA AND SOME SHIT?”

“But… but… our picnic was ruined! It crapped on our food, fucking hell, he crapped on me!”

“Is that any fucking reason to go apeshit and literally kill an animal with your bare hands? What did you think would happen if…
Actually, don’t bother answering. I am not interested. Get some fucking help, Tyler. You need it. And stay the fuck away from me.”

With that, the girl left without any other words. Tyler tried to follow her only to slip on the slice of pizza, reducing it to a messy paste of crust, tomato sauce and cheese before falling to the ground. Regaining his footing, he called out for the young woman, to no avail.

“Erika! Stop! I’m sorry, I snapped! I’m so sorry, this isn’t me! This isn’t me, this isn’t… me…”

The man collapsed to his knees and started to cry He stood there for a long time, cursing and sobbing quietly to himself. At long last, he wiped his tears, stood up and paced towards the dead fluffy.

“I’m sorry. I truly am. I fucked up.”

The mare knew something was very wrong. She had heard humans screaming from the direction of the hovel. She had thus picked up her pace, slowing down only once she had reached a familiar bush on the other side of the glade, directly away from the nest. The scene that unfolded right before her very eyes was ghastly. Her special friend laid there, his boo boo juice staining the grass. The pegasus’ white mane and tail were now covered in a variety of fluids, from sicky wawas to poopies and the aforementioned red liquid. One of his front leggies was almost flat, whereas his hind ones were bent in an unnatural way. His face was frozen in a terrified grimace.

A human mister was towering above the corpse, surely he was the monster who had given her beloved forever sleepies! His not-fluff was stained with boo boo juice and sorry poopies. It was clear her brave mate had fought bravely, but to no avail. She started to cry. Why? Why had this human hurt him? Had he found the safe hovel? Oh, how she hoped against hope that her valiant special friend had managed to distract the meanie human from the hole, maybe at least their ba…

Time stopped. Not far from the stallion’s bloody corpse, was a gory mess of red, white and light brown pieces. She couldn’t focus her gaze due to the fat tears leaving her eyes and staining her fluff, but she knew those colors. Her babies. Her beautiful babies. Crushed into paste. Memories of her baby sister starving to death, of her baby brother being taken away, of her father’s corpse falling to the ground, of her friends begging for their lives, of her brother gasping for air… they all came to her mind at the same time. Like water breaking through a dam, she couldn’t take it anymore. She froze up, everything started spinning and she fell into the darkness.

As the man gazed upon his grisly work, his heart heavy with regret, he couldn’t help but think about Erika’s words. She was right. He was a monster. All of this, for a fucking slice of pizza. He had never reacted like this before. Why had he snapped? Why had he done all this? That poor bastard just wanted some food.

“Wait, what’s that noise…?”

A faint peeping was coming from the hole the fluffy was trying to reach earlier. Looking inside, he could see two squirming forms. Foals. Good god. He had killed more than a fluffy. He had killed a father. He felt like throwing up. What would these two fuzzy creatures do? Their eyes were closed shut. They’d never survive on their own. Maybe… maybe the stallion was trying to bring back some white, soft food because he was looking for milk to feed his babies? Then, the mother had probably died elsewhere. In that moment Tyler knew what he had to do. Reaching into the hole, he gently picked up the two cheeping foals. They were trying to wiggle free, probably the screams and the smell of blood had scared them.

“Hush little ones. I don’t know if you can hear me, but… I promise I will take care of you two. Don’t cry…”

Stuffing them in his jacket’s pocket to keep them warm, he picked up the pegasus’ carcass.

“A proper burial is the least I can do for you now. I am sorry. I truly, truly am. I swear, I’ll never hurt your children. They’ll grow up big and strong. I swear.”

With those words, the man left the glade, stumbling as he went.

BOOOM!

The mare woke up hours later to a loud noise. Looking up at the sky, she could see the sky-monsters battling each other, their special friends’ tears pouring down on the trees. It was dark. What happened? Where… in a flash, she remembered it all.

“NUUUUUUUUUUUUU!”

Everything after that moment was a blurry memory. The only thing she could recall was dragging herself into the empty nest, sobbing uncontrollably.

10 Likes

If you’re a moron and you know it clap your hands… clap clap.

Sorry everyone, I posted this story by accident, though you probably could guess it.

Worst of all, I was convinced I had deleted the draft by accident, so I’ve only just realized the mixup.

Deepest apologies.

1 Like

An unreasonably violent reaction gets appropriately called out and the abuser learns a valuable lesson of empathy?

Well now I’ve seen everything.

Shame about the mare, never knew about her last babies, even if the guy has changed his outlook and will look after them she just lost her last piece of hope

3 Likes

I tried to keep him a bit more humane. Rather than someone like Mr. Kennedy, who is far more… extreme. Tyler is not a monster, but rather someone who literally lost it upon seeing all his hard work going up in smoke. Far from having done something rational/proportionate, but rather acting first, thinking later.

1 Like