A terrifying reality Pt 2 (LurkLab)

This is a repost since I think I made a mistake on the tags. The Mods here are very responsive! Kudos

Pip surveyed the chaotic scene, his heart sinking with the weight of the situation. The nest that had only been their home for a few bright times and was now a shattered mess, and the fluffies were scattered across the sandy beach. He knew they had to find safety and regroup, but the odds seemed insurmountable.

Still reeling, Pip heard something that pulled him back into the moment. “Dis am Smawty wand!” “No! Dis am SMAWTY WAND!” A few of the fluffies had started to muscle for control over the herd, which was grouping into clicks around the few loud fluffies vying for smartydome.

The fluffies wouldnt have long to draw lines in the sand though, the noise of their squabbles was attracting attention from overhead.

While Pip was watching, the fluffies that he lead through the collapsing nest had gathered around him. or those who had survived did anyways.

The surviving fluffies had grouped into 6 individual herds. unfortunately, the brightly colored writhing mass stood out like a sore thumb from the skies above.

While two of the self proclaimed smarties squared up with eachother it landed.

“Stewpid Bird! Dis am Smawty waSCREEEEEE!!!” the smarty was plucked from the sand and swallowed whole.

Chaos. Any resolve the remaining smarties has turned into screaming and scrambling. The whole herd did the same as they were picked off by the unfeeling fouls.

Pip called out to the fluffies around him, “Ebbewy fwuffy, wisten to Pip! We need tu find a safe pwace. Wun tuwawds da pwants, dats whewe we can hide!” His voice quivered with a mix of fear and urgency, hoping his words could organize the herd.

Running as fast as they could Pip and his followers made their way to the thick pokey bushes. As they did the other herds took notice and followed suit.

The sand and gravel was hard to navigate, but Pip and his followers had the advantage of starting more inland than the others, and there was only one seagull. With luck on their side for once, they made it mostly unscathed to the brush.

Pip took a moment to assess his surroundings. The dense foliage provided much-needed shelter from the seagull, who had just been joined by two more. The fluffies watched as the stragglers were picked off while leading the seagulls right to the bush.

The seagulls couldn’t get through the brush without being hurt by the dry pointy vegetation and opted to stand and stare waiting for their snacks to emerge.

“Fwuffies, we am wost and in big danga,” Pip began, his voice resolute. “We need find nummies and sweepy pwace.” Even as he said it he knew it was impossible. There luck has run out. He didn’t know anything about getting food that wasn’t nutrigel and the chill creeping in told him that if they didn’t find warmth soon they weren’t gonna make it through the night.

“poopies…”

10 Likes

Is this truly the end? This and the previous entry are really compelling. I hope to see more as he at least slowly watching his heard die off eating things that aren’t nummies, pulled apart by crabs, and shivering to death under the cold ocean breeze.

1 Like

I didn’t intend for it to be the end, it might be time to pick this story back up

1 Like

I’m inspired to write a micro story now. I’m looking forward to your next chapter.

1 Like