CLOSED, THANK YOU!! First Commiss-athon, Fundraiser for the Site!

Boots, man, you broke the bank here!

Yeah, I understand that site admins would want to be cautious around money but I think it’d be neat to let the fundraiser continue to provide for any future needs.

4 Likes

Hey folks! Doesnt it just go that when you have something to so life doesnt let you! Im here now and would like to thank @BloodyBoots for his generous donation!

Due his donation it means we have Broken the Bulb! (Graphic will be updated when i finally get home after this long day). Since the bulb is broken all future commissions will be refuced by %10 on their cost. As well we’re going to hold one large mega raffle for all of the reward tiers as once.

Check back in this evening or tomorrow for the updated information on that process!

As for those considering if this has closed the event, far from it! We’ve still got plenty of open commission slots open, which like previously stated are %10 off!

At this time I’d also like thank:
@toofymunstah for their $50 donation
@Ace for their $20 donation

And plenty more still pending!

@Rampage @Wyldefyr @Great_White_Nope

9 Likes

WHOOOOOOOOOO!!

1 Like

Here, pleb, have a hundo from your lord and savior. :martinidrink:

4 Likes

Hey, I guess I need to chime in here.

This fundraiser was an idea by @iFluffybooru who wanted to organize someone to code changes, I felt like there was no reason not to allow it, but in hindsight maybe I should’ve been more directly involved.

There’s been some confusion over this Fundraiser and the actual site donations. Some of you may have unknowingly or erroneously donated to the site instead of the fundraiser, this includes @BloodyBoots. If that’s the case, and you wish your money to be used exclusively on the fundraiser that @iFluffybooru is organizing, please contact me directly with the email address tied to your account that you used when you sent the money, else I won’t know who sent it, and I will refund your amount (somehow).

Any person not reaching out to me in the coming weeks I’m going to assume your donation was meant for the site, not the fundraiser. This is just a bit of a messy situation, because it’s hard to know who donated for what because it’s all without usernames and there’s no comment on any transaction.

5 Likes

To be fair @iFluffybooru did clearly outline, very painstakingly, how the entire process was to be undertaken. It’s actually quite impressive just how detailed the entire thing is.

3 Likes

I don’t blame anyone, really, I’m merely stating it again and ensuring that those who may have messed up can get their money back if they choose to.

2 Likes

It is painstakingly detailed, but only if you know that the seemingly unclickable blue text on the google docs page is a link and not just a fancy header for the tier reward info below, and realize that the page that’s supposed to have info on how to join actually only has the raffle data.

First time I looked, I did not know that. Only when these issues about donations to the wrong place popped up did I re-check and think “wait, is that a link? there’s no info elsewhere but …” and press it despite my mouse saying there was nothing to press, which finally showed the link.

Putting the payment info behind a separate link on your “here’s all the info” page is not particularly great design, especially when the main page says “you will need to donate $1 or more to the Ko-Fi” so that people believe they have all the info already. ESPECIALLY when the link is worded so that people can mistake it for an “important info below! read the raffles section first!” notice.

Suffice to say, it would have been better to put all the info on the same page divided up by “HOW TO JOIN” “PRIZES” and “RAFFLES” headers, or at least put the less important info (raffles etc) on a second page.

5 Likes

Ehh thx man! You can keep it though. I’ve been banned from participating anyways. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Yea, and sometimes painstaking detail is a bad thing. Nobody wants to read a wall of text. I just figured if I donated to the site that it would count. But apparently there was a bunch of stuff behind the scenes I was not aware of such as artists taking part of the profit which was not stated in the post. In fact it clearly says that 100% of the donations would go towards “a fund”, which i took to mean “the site”, because that’s what the event was for. So I didn’t see a problem in how they got the money.

Either way, ryuo got my money and I’m happy. That’s all that really matters in the end.

3 Likes

Just donated, hope it went through correctly

While it doesnt really matter because the end result was a cluster-fuck anyways, I did have a number of people who had minimal information on the event navigate the process and give me notes before putting forth this version. Sad it ended up not mattering in the end, lol.

1 Like

Just reminding everyone all commissions are 10% off and there is a mega raffle being held with 10 commissions up for grabs as rewards!

5 Likes

If you use Venmo, you should be aware that Chase and others consider it a cash advance. Use one of the other methods to fund your Venmo transaction unless you’re willing to pay those fees.

" For the $1 Raffle entries this means PayPal’s cut is up to 52%." Ouch, this is part of why I don’t want to sell anything on eBay. They double-dip you on this, too.

2 Likes

Commissions are already going out!

3 Likes

How many mega raffle tickets will be drawn?

You purchase the raffle tickets for $1 each by donating and each $1 ticket counts for one pull!

2 Likes

Hey everyone! Tried to make a post on this yesterday but I guess it didnt go through on my phone. Raffle entries were closed yesterday at the listed time and I will be posting the winners later this evening. Thanks for participating!

4 Likes

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for such an amazing event! We blew way past our initial goal and talks with staff over how to implement some of the changes recommended are going on. Since we went so past our goal we’re both reaching for more updates to the site as well as donating more towards server costs as a big thank you to Ryou for hosting us out of his own pocket all this time. I will post updates on the development as they come, but I have done plenty of asking around in chat and with individuals to make sure they are changes the majority of us want, and Ryou has assured that any changes made will be on a toggle so they can be chosen to be used or to keep the site as it is now.

Thank you all again so much for participating and badges should start rolling out in the next couple days. If you do not receive a participation badge when you should have, please let me know!

3 Likes

I feeI Iike if I had known this totaI in advance before cIosing, I wouIda have sent in 5 or 6 more doIIars.

Just for the niceness of it aII.

3 Likes