Alley Life (Fluffus)

My art style has been described as:

• Dr. Seuss
  • Robert Crumb
  • Richard Corben
  • Pablo Picasso
  • The funnies that used to be in newspapers
  • Some person who illustrated that old Cyberpunk ttrpg (Am I that person? No, I’m not.)
  • German expressionism
  • Old 80’s black & white comics (WTF even is that?)
  • The old comic strips I used to read with my grampa
55 Likes

This is so lovely! It’s definitely illustration good enough to use for books. You could probably make great comics with these!

3 Likes

@Fluffus Hey! You left out 2000AD comics! Thats what your art reminds me of!

EDIT: okay I know Corben did some 2000AD, but still!

5 Likes

those aren’t foals, they’re fuzzy eggs!

4 Likes

ha ha you recognized them as foals so the joke is on you

5 Likes

We all wanna be Kev O’Neill but none of us are. Except for Kevin but I don’t see him on here.

4 Likes

no, sir, they are clearly egg shaped. they are eggs

2 Likes

Your old stuff looked better

1 Like

i’m not the one who called the eggs foals. you did. you read them as foals.

3 Likes

This is old stuff, Rip. But I get the message, it’s not exactly something I wanna keep building on.

2 Likes

son of a-

3 Likes

Pretty soon that fluffy will be 1. Food 2. Dead from weather 3. A chew toy and 4. Beaten till death

2 Likes

I agree. This artwork is superb.

3 Likes

W_W <3

3 Likes

Even considering this style is simpler than the one Fluffus developed and was most well known for, it is still able to convey emotion and a slice of life for abandoned fluffies.

I particularly like the blockies: in my mind, someone was compassionate enough to left them for the fluffies to play (I know, they could have already been abandoned with them or maybe found in the trash, but it’s my headcanon)

3 Likes

That’s quite the obituary.

3 Likes

I find your style, this, and your pencil sketches to be fascinating. They’re reminiscent of children’s books in the best sense, there nostalgic without being old. Its coloration and linework give a friendly but menacing mood. Same as those where the sidewalk ends books. Creepy in a strange way, the fluffies themselves capture the feeling of “so cute I want to hurt them”.

I get a vibe of Junji Ito from your viscera, all of your work is hyper-detailed and simply pleasant to look at. These feel like living creatures to me, and I simply must rave about the gore. The gore gives me the same feeling that a mystery novel does, this unspeakable thirst for more. You’re technical prowess and skill are something to admire.

To put it simply, your fluffies come off as proper art pieces, it’s something that I’d see in a textbook. Masterful.

4 Likes

Past tense, uh? :sweat_smile: I’m sorry, English is not my first language.

3 Likes

Yea while they were sleeping I stole the foals and replaced them with fluffy clay they have been feeding clay without knowing it

(sorry I posted a edit in the wrong one

2 Likes

so you’re telling me that you replaced the foals with clay, and the mare didn’t think her babies were sleeping/dead, and just fed them milk even if they weren’t suckling?

2 Likes