Am i Allowed to post Art from an Artist who no longer associates with the FC?

Im talking about an artist called DivineSugarCrush. They have amazing art bu i never see it on the website, and only a few post on the Reddit, would it be okay to post it under ‘Images-By-Other’?

3 Likes

Depends if they exclaimed that they want their art republished or not, some artists want to cut off any association with the community for their own personal reasons, so it’s better if you ask and respect them accordingly~

3 Likes

I feel people should really use an alternative username when joining this site.

My current username is a throwaway specifically for this site so people don’t find me here.

We really should have the “welcome” bot or whatever it is when you join express that, would probably be a good way of letting artists be more comfortable with leaving their stuff if they decide to walk away from this community.

7 Likes

Thing is, ive tried to, back in April i discovered their art and fell in love with it, i tried to reach out and see if they were taking commisions or something like that, but never got a response, they are still active elsewhere but i think they just jumped ship from the FC

1 Like

Then probably not.
It’s best to be save then sorry and not upload it at all.

2 Likes

that fucking sucks cus their art is awesome and i feel people should see it… But okay.

1 Like

It’s best to ping the staff with @ staff ( no spaces) to see what they will say.
But most of the re uploads are done with some tacit agreement that the original artist is alright with it.
In so far we know.

The fact that divine didn’t react to you at all seems to indicate they don’t want to be associated with fluffies anymore.

2 Likes

Ill ask again just to be sure, even if they dont respond, ill know my answer.

1 Like

Who knows they might say “yeah sure” but I wouldn’t hold my breath,

2 Likes

Was DivineSugarCrush the one known as Gala on the old booru?

1 Like

According to the archive, yes they were.

1 Like

To each their own, I personally don’t care if someone recognises me or not~

Then again, I’m pretty confident with my art and my name attatched to it. For some people passion for fluffies could be embarrassing, which is understandable ^^’ That’s why I respect people and their decisions

2 Likes

There might be a problem then:

Gala’s earliest post on booru:

I’m not a mod though, so I don’t know why the rule is like this

From what I recall that was part of an agreement with the booru owner.
I don’t know specifics.

2 Likes

While everything may not make the site, there’s still value in archiving content. We may be able to add the artwork to the archives in case the artist gives permission at a future date or wishes to recover their content.

Feel free to DM me and I can put art in a temporary holding space and work with the archive team to get it permanently stored.

1 Like

While everything may not make the site, there’s still value in archiving content. We may be able to add the artwork to the archives in case the artist gives permission at a future date or wishes to recover their content.

Feel free drop me a DM and I can put art in a temporary holding space and work with the archive team to get it permanently stored.

1 Like

Okay, ill hit you up after work and send you all of the saved art i have of them!

If you have contact information for the creator, I can also reach out as part of the upload/archive team and let them know the purpose. They may respond to a formal request with the caveats of keeping them anonymous.

1 Like

Well they still go by u/DivineSugarRush on reddit, that’s about it