Amputee Foal (fluffybooru id: 27027, 27058, and 28073) (by: Wolfram_Sparks)

Theories in my head.

1. Feral adopted foal post torture (probably cause she lost her own recently).
  2. Mother had to eat the legs and wings of her lastest baby (post eating all the other dead babies) to survive till spring. Now she nurtures the foal out of survivors guilt (and general love).
  3. Mother has finally convinced herself to abandon her last foal because both their lives will be a harsh struggle and start anew so she took her pillow outside to leave it behind.
2 Likes

Like two wings and four weggies?

3 Likes

Lol.

I want to say the foal got ‘lost’ and panicked and it ended with a shadow that could have been the mother or anything else. But it’s been so long I could be thinking of a totally different comic.

1 Like

Mummah is tired. No-weggy-babbeh takes so much effort to keep alive. Her exhaustion buries the growing resentment for babbeh, so much she can’t even feel it.

For now.

1 Like

Spoilers: That’s a Stallion.

1 Like

I interpret this as the mother understanding mortality, knowing full well her foal will never grow up fully because she won’t be there to take care of it.

So instead of wasting her time with it, unable to put it down she’s simply going to leave it there.

Survival of the fittest at it’s finest. Understanding it’s nothing but a liability, and inevitable tragedy, it’s really the wisest choice.

Not putting much stock in the intelligence of a shitrat but even the most base creatures have instincts and shitrats seem to be pretty good at abandoning their foals to benefit their own wellbeing.

So.

2 Likes

Making the mummah callous would ruin absolutely everything good about the comic.

An animal abandoning its unfit baby for survival is nothing compared to the sorrow and heart-ache of a loving mother who knows full-well that her foal is never going to grow up big and strong. This is emotional torment at its finest - her each day harder than the last as she expends her energy on taking care of a crippled foal, knowing full she won’t be able to keep it up forever.

3 Likes

Didn’t mean make her callous. Survival instincts don’t necessarily remove the emotional charge of a situation, just the driving factor in understanding how a situation is gonna play out.

Like eating a foal so they can feed the others for example. But anyway yeah I agree lol.

Pictures_Without_Context.rar

7 Likes

Reminds me of how I wondered for years why there was a statue of a horse giving a blowjob in the middle of Helsinki.

Turns out it was...

A mare nursing her foal.

2 Likes

Likely inspired by this.

Specifically these comments:

Swindle: @Nails: No, the real torture is when the foal gets too big and heavy for his mother to carry him like that. He gets to lay there, immobile, remembering and wishing he could do it again. And it will never, ever, happen.

wolfram_sparks: @Swindle: this is why I love you swindle

3 Likes

At least the foal is cared for and loved… for now.

Don’t worry little baby, I will keep you company…

Why the fuck would it bother burdening itself with a useless offspring that will eventually get too big to leave that hole and end up working itself to death trying to find enough food to feed to both

This really helps to put all these hellgremlin peepee poopoo baby justice stories/comics into perspective for me… Fluffies being callous racists to their own children is just a cheap outrage mechanic that neither satisfies nor amuses me, whereas them being too kind and loving too much for their own good is heartbreaking even as I enjoy watching them suffer.