Anguish [by TheHolyJagmar]

June 8th, 20XX
Today marks my greatest achievement. I finally managed to isolate the dental gene from the Ischnochiton elongatus so that I may finally finish Project Reptilicus. I only hope Angela may forgive me when we are at last reunited. Soon the fluff menace will perish once and for all.

June 12th, 20XX
I have just inserted the Reptilicus embryo into the host egg. I have done all the proper equating to determine when the creature will start developing. In about three weeks, it will have hatched. I will continue writing then.

July 3rd, 20XX
It worked. The embryo has fully developed into the desired animal and has just hatched. He is about 16 inches long and strongly resembles a komodo dragon. The claws resemble that of the harpy eagle whose DNA I had spliced into him. His wings are firmly placed on the sides of his torso and are nearly identical to that of the Falco peregrinus and feathers in perfect formation for flying without making a sound, courtesy of the Bubo scandiacus. Each wing is about 11 inches long and should have enough musculature to carry the specimen. His bones were synthesized with genes from a hybrid bamboo I germinated so they should be light enough to fly but strong enough to withstand major damage. I think I will call him… Anguish.

July 8th, 20XX
He has grown several inches since hatching and has already developed a fire gland at the back of his throat. By splicing genes from a sperm whale and a bombardier beetle, I was able to develop a gland that would create superheated gaseous oil that when released, would be ignited by contact with oxygen. The naturally fire resistant mucus of a common mussle has made the fire gland as efficient as possible, as well as protecting his mouth from the fire.

July 15th, 20XX
Anguish has started growing a pair of curved rear antlers out of the diagonal corners of his skull. He has also started mimicking noises he hears around the lab including but not limited to: a mouse, a phone ringing, my uncontrollable sobbing, and an enrichment whistle I gave him. He has shown to be very intelligent, able to pick locks and use tools. This is likely due to the combination of simian, cephalopod, avian, procyon, and human brain genetics.

July 30th, 20XX
Today marks our anniversary. Me and Angela’s, I mean. Last year, after she was diagnosed with stage four, she had always loved fluffys. So I got her one. Little shit’s name was Twinkle. She was a troublemaker from the start. She would shit on the carpet because she didn’t get spaghetti, and as soon as she would get it, she would blame the shit on me. Then came babies. She begged for days on end. No amount of spaghetti, toys, or pampering would stop her. One day I had enough of her bull and put her outside. Angela was mad so I let her back in. There she was getting it on with a filthy feral. She looked me dead in the eyes as the rat bastard mounted on her shouted “GOOD FEEWS!” before passing out. Angela, in her ever loving heart, convinced me to allow the filthy feral into our home. The next day, twice the amount of shit was on the floor, and as you probably guessed “Weave dummeh hooman, dis smawty wand nao.” Out of all the God forsaken retards she could have fucked, she chose the first smarty to get through the fence. Three days later, I found the damned thing dead in the basement. Apparently, it was a combination of sepsis, E. Coli, and a tapeworm. A few weeks later Twinkle was heavily pregnant, but that wasn’t the only development. As it turned out, Angela was also expecting. I cried that day. I completely forgot about Twinkle until the day her foals came. Angela came down to see them. That bitch, BIT HER. I heard of a little immunocompromised girl dying after being bit by a feral. I knew that being both about two months along and on standardised chemotherapy, Angela was especially at risk. I took her to the hospital where she slipped into a coma. The last thing she told me was to take care of Twinkle and that she didn’t mean it. Four months, eight days, fourteen hours, and twenty seven minutes later, my greatest creation of all was born. My darling little Harmony. Angela didn’t make it, but in the short time she was awake before she passed, she told me that she would always love me and Harmony, and nothing would stop her from doing so. Harmony was premature so she had to stay in the hospital for a few months. I abided by Angela’s last wish and took care of Twinkle and her ilk. In the moment I told Twinkle mommah wasn’t coming home, she told me I was lying and hiding her.

I’m sorry, it’s just really tough for me. After seven months of therapy, Harmony finally came home. The babysitter I hired was a very responsible young lady, albeit an airhead. I came home from the lab one day to find her in the bathroom, on her phone. I asked her, where was my daughter? She said she was in the living room in her carrier. I ran to her only to find the worst thing I have ever seen. Sitting there smugly was Twinkle and next to her, was a shit filled carrier. Immediately, without hesitation, I scooped the feces off my daughter and felt for a pulse. Nothing. I attempted CPR to no effect. Twinkle then said the very last thing I wanted to hear, the straw that broke the camel’s back. “Dummeh poopeh babbeh go foevah sweepies, nao bwing mummah back or mowe sowwy poopies.” I killed her right there, with a fist directly to the cerebral cortex. I only wish I could have made the pain I inflicted onto her as bad as the pain she inflicted onto me.

This is it. The last will and testament of James Anthony Webb. I admit to killing Brittney Lawson, the neglectful babysitter who sat idly by as an abomination murdered my pride and joy, and Chuck Berry, the breeder who sold my Angela that piece of shit which took so much from me. Today is the day I have my revenge not on just fluffies, but the people who condoned the creation of such. They will see the error of attempting to become Gods. The creature I have unleashed on the world will be the Judge, Jury, and Executioner to those who attempt to corrupt the natural order. Man was never meant to play God, much less surpass him. They’ll say that what I have done is just as bad as the fluffy abomination, but what I have done I have done so in the name of Angela and Harmony. I only hope they can forgive me. Goodbye World.

BANG!

August 1st, 20XX
Police Report: James A. Webb, gifted bio engineer, has admitted posthumously to murdering Brittney Lawson, 17, and Charles Berry, 49. His diary has been confiscated and examined, revealing that a fluffy was responsible for the death of his cancer stricken wife and premature daughter. His diary contained notes of a creature he created for an unknown reason, as much of his writings were torn out. Our lead investigators believe that he created it to annihilate fluffykind. If so, may God help us all.

[Redacted]
Anguish was flying away after setting his creators’ habitat ablaze. He knew that the men hunting his creator would soon turn to him, so he erased as much evidence of his existence as he could. Suddenly, he heard the nearby sound of a fluffy herd attempting to cross a field. Instinct soon took over as he swooped towards them, unleashing his creators’ fiery vengeance upon them all.

Feel free to use Anguish in any of your work, so long as I get proper credit.

14 Likes

Forgot the name my dude

3 Likes

A pity. Geneticist of this caliber and with such few scruples are hard to come by.

Did his research, save for the journals of course, die with him or have our delightfully dutiful friends in law enforcement confiscate it?

1 Like

He had Anguish destroy it so the world would never have a way to actually attempt the successful genetic engineering of a completely new species again.

2 Likes

Shame that. Thank you for the information.

1 Like