Anti-Citizen Fluff (Commisioned for Za) Art by gr1m_1

This made me laugh much harder than it should’ve

If we don’t see a headcrabbed fluffy I will be slightly disappointed.

3 Likes

Yerba my icing

1 Like

I’m not ruling anything out so far, but keep in mind that Blue (as I’ve taken to calling him since Dagger Five hasn’t named him yet) is the only fluffy humanity knows of so far

1 Like

Thank you someday I may become a real awtist… i mean Artist :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

7 Likes

Damn, what an asshole.

Imagine you are on the job (what looks like some police special unit) with some guy. You get to know him, become best buddies. You cover his ass and he covers yours. A whole squad gets molded by only God knows what kind of dangerous situations you get sent into.

Time passes, irreplaceable trust that is absolutely needed in a job like this - poof, gone in an instant because that one guy turned out to be some mentally ill asshole who would betray you for some formerly mass-produced biotoy that he found 2 minutes ago. All it needed to trigger was some pathetic little chirp chirps.

Standing up for not torturing this creature?
Understandable, respectable even depending on the orders (Also why the fuck would you be in this job if you have trouble following orders smh).
Turning violent against your own fucking squad mates?
Human trash.

File a formal complaint after the fact, get called a “moral faggot” by your chief, and eventually wear that title like a badge. It probably makes for a good conversation opener. But don’t fucking betray your guys holy shit. He even shot one, fucking hell.

If this guy is not a sleeper cell for some rich collector whose activation trigger was the exact fluffy chirp frequency, I don’t know how you could turn this to make him seem sympathetic and not mentally deranged. Well, I guess you had to create some kind of “on the run” scenario for the story. I am probably reading way too much into this, lmao.

The art is very good though. And the utopian setting where there are almost no fluffies anymore? Sounds lovely. Hopefully it stays that way.
Let’s see where this is going.

7 Likes

Very interested story.

1 Like

Hmmm very interesting premise. Will definitely keep an eye out.

Also a happy fluffy in Gr1m’s style? More rare than water in a desert I’d say. Treasure it.

2 Likes

Sorry dude, but fluffies are not innocent creatures. Good artwork

2 Likes

All of this is taking place in the universe of the video game Half Life. The police unit he’s a part of is called the Civil Protection. Civil Protection is a division of the Combine, the evil alien race that’s enslaved humanity. I’d really recommend reading up on the lore or playing the game if you wanna get the most out of this comic. Also, I don’t do the whole Hasbio biotoy thing in my stories. I write fluffies to be naturally-occurring organisms and almost 100% morally pure. I know the way I do things is very different from most people, but I sincerely hope you can enjoy the story regardless. Sorry if this felt preachy at all, I just don’t really know where to start in explaining Half Life since the lore is kind of extensive.

4 Likes

Well, the ones I write usually are. The idea of fluffies being immoral is kind of a newer concept and one I really don’t get behind. I hope you can enjoy the story anyway.

2 Likes

Treasure it while it lasts, you mean. :wink:

1 Like

Ye while that may be true for some it’s rare, the background story is dark and hopeless for hL2, it’s great stuff!

These aren’t really ‘good’ guys although if you feel something for them that means I portrayed them well! The civil protection is only there to antagonize civilians iirc for slightly better food rations and I think having permission to coom sometimes. :rofl:

Although the MC is not a good guy either, if these poor fellows had families I think they are goners too. Off to be seperated and shipped to one of the mega cities around the globe.

Also thanks for reading!

6 Likes

Just wanted to add: most Civil Protection units aren’t even “human” anymore. They’re slowly transformed into mindless servants by their Combine overlords.

1 Like

He knows. You just got got.

1 Like

Every damn time

I’m pretty sure Civil Protection is mostly/entirely human. When they’re promoted to soldiers is when augmentation begins, I believe.

2 Likes

No matter how many times I’ve been relocated, I never get used to it.

This is my third transfer this year.

1 Like

“morning mr freeman. looks like youre running a little late”

3 Likes

Too far back, too far back!!!

1 Like