APC [vic_vyper]

A Poor Catch

although larger and hardier than their city-dwelling cousins, successful forest and plains-dwelling fluffies have an even larger gastric system to better digest a rough plant-based diet. unfortunately, it makes it all the more likely for a careless hunter to puncture the intestines and tainting the meat. with how infamously rank fluffy scat can be, any chance of scavenging anything edible is near instantly nil.

though some can be as large as small wild hogs, a fluffy’s fat-to-meat ratio is very poor. typical fluffy meat is deeply marbled, sweet and tender, which could be highly desirable… if it weren’t for the aftertaste of plastic that permeates the meat of even wilderness-dwelling fluffies. there is also the high content of undesirable fat that is typically wasted in the dressing process. fluffy fat can be passably used as suet or even rendered into biofuel, but goes rancid far quicker than other natural animal fats that it’s rarely practical to process and package to any real scale.

49 Likes

Four guys in a bucket ass car drives through; 1st guy “i’ll have a number nine” 2nd guy; “I’ll have a number nine like he is.” 3rd guy; “I’ll have a 6 with extra dip.” 4:
I’ll have two hind leggies, two hind leggies large, a breadfluff with extra dip, a breaded bowlfluff stallion, two baked foals, one with cheese and a large soda.

4 Likes

Jeez… you just can’t really use fluffies for anything. Can’t provide a sustainable food or even fuel source, smh.

3 Likes

Yes you can.
Practice, hunting and slaughter practice before you go after something you do care about.

4 Likes

From the looks of things they can’t in this headcannon
see:

though some can be as large as small wild hogs, a fluffy’s fat-to-meat ratio is very poor. typical fluffy meat is deeply marbled, sweet and tender, which could be highly desirable… if it weren’t for the aftertaste of plastic that permeates the meat of even wilderness-dwelling fluffies. there is also the high content of undesirable fat that is typically wasted in the dressing process. fluffy fat can be passably used as suet or even rendered into biofuel, but goes rancid far quicker than other natural animal fats that it’s rarely practical to process and package to any real scale.

I like the head canons where fluffy meat is bad and not many people want to actually eat it. Fluffies were not originally designed to be food so I feel like they would taste bad and not make any kind of good meal for a human. Other animals might eat them because animals eat anything, but unless a fluffy is specifically designed to be eaten like breadfluffs or the things that grow on plant fluffies, you probably shouldn’t.

2 Likes

sure you can, just got to load them up with spices and seasonings. can eat anything that way.

3 Likes

sure you can, the typical fluffy is brightly colored and easy to spot. just got to be a little wasteful while learning to avoid gut shots. just have to be mindful, as fluffies are considered soap, not cleaning up after yourself is considered littering.

2 Likes

Load the meat with McIlhenny Tabasco.
“I put that $#!t on everything!”

2 Likes

Thanks man. I just had breakfast, now I’m hungry again. :+1:

1 Like