Art, the artist, and the message.

unnamed

What does art say, about the creator and the message the creator may have tried to convey?

Whether the creator of the piece knows it or not, art says something, means something to different people.
About the artist and about how that artist sees the world.

So if we were to study a piece in this manner, what does it say?

As a case study, we will use some of mine.

6ae86986e1df13f1d32c47d08bbc60cd4e7b85c3_2_618x800

037d9bbe5593872910d33264bd47a8e860fd2503_2_618x800

What do they say, about the artist and their world?

9 Likes

The monsters you draw remind me of something I would see in my nightmares. I definitely wish I knew how to draw things that look this scary! Also my art style has changed so much over time. I feel like if you saw my old art you all would cringe.

3 Likes

No, no, your old art is where your skill were at at the time, a stepping stone.

3 Likes

You want us to know your nightmares or friends.

2 Likes

I’d love to see your old art :grin:

1 Like

That’s a very good point. :thinking:

2 Likes

Why withdrawn? If I’m being silly let me know.

3 Likes

That how I see my old art. Yeah, I cringe at it but I remember at the time I thought it was proud of it.

3 Likes

I do know I worked very hard on my old traditional artwork. I couldn’t do all that coloring by hand like I used to. :clown_face:

3 Likes

Having little time to yourself will do that.

3 Likes

No, I just misread what you said.

1 Like

Oh, happens to me all the time.

2 Likes

Everything can be is horror even if perceived as the opposite

Now seriously if you wanted to you could turn everything we know into a nightmare fuel

You’re a nightmare fuel pump

2 Likes

:relieved:
Thank you.

1 Like

What does you art say about

1 Like

That’s the question, I don’t have a message behind it. But I’m wondering what people could interpret from my work.

1 Like

my interpretation is that you have an unhealthy amount of nightmares

2 Likes

The artist is still fascinated with edgy stuff - it doesn’t mean that he watches horror movies or plays games outright, but gore, monsters and fear are influencing his work. He tries to capture emotions of distraught, pain, sadness, create monster designs that are terrifying and unsettling, but hasn’t watched enough liveleak/real life stuff to really understand what makes things scary… or at least to me, someone who’s more desentisized to this stuff.
To me personally, a hairy monster covered in eyes isn’t scary - a woman having a brick dropped on her head and falling over her baby carriage is scary. A child being shot in the head during an interview with a journalist is scary.
To me, stopping at a bloodied nose, a droopy face and some somber singing is a sign of innocence. (inb4 some rotten.com enthusiast laughs at me)

Without context, the biography of the artist, I can’t assume that the tears or abuse inflicted upon those creatures are reflecting his own experience. It doesn’t have to be 100% times the case.

On top of that, the symbolic cross necklace on the fluffy’s neck symbolizes some subconscious interest in Christianity.

In general, the artist is just enjoying his time drawing what he likes and what he is fascinated with. His fascination with fear and pain being inflicted are most likely influenced by something subconscious, similar to the works of Francis Bacon. Nevetheless, kudos to him for doing what he loves

3 Likes

That made me very happy :grin:

3 Likes

Tried to exhaust the topic, happy to hear you like the results

3 Likes