Biologicum Imperativi – Fluffy Know That Fluffy Know Nothing (by fluffysomething)

Mindie is a fluffy! Mindie’s human mommy is a ‘bioethicist’, which she said is a big word for humans who make sure people and animals are being treated nicely! Mommy doesn’t really like fluffies, but she got Mindie!

“Mummah! Mummah! Mummah pway wif Mindeh? Gib huggies?” Mindie’s mommy never gives her sketties. But, Mindie still loves mommy!

“Sure. Let’s play a game. I get to ask you questions, and you answer them. Ready?” Yay! A game! Mindie loves games!

Mummah pauses.

“What’s your favorite food?”

Oh, easy! Mindie loves…

SKETTIES!!! Mindie wub sketties! Mummah gib sketties?”

Mummah frowns, her eyes squinting.

“No, not now. Next question. What’s the best thing ever?”

This question is a bit harder. It could be babies, but it could be sketties. Sketties! But, it could be toys…

“Hmmm… Mindeh fink toysies.”

Mummah shrugs.

“Sure. Now, are you smart? What are fluffies for?”

Hmm… Mindie no know! Mommy asked a hard question.

“Fwuffies fow huggies an’ wub!”

Mummah hits her rump softly. Hey!

“No. Think harder. What do fluffies know?”

Mindie tries to think. Well, sketties, babies… Toys, maybe even huggies!

“Fwuffies knyo wots! Fwuffies knyo babbehs, sketties, hugg-”

Mummah hits her harder. Hurties!

“No. Do you know anything of value? Do you have intrinsic value like the animals genetically welded into you?”

Big wordies. What is that?

“Wha? Fwuffies knyo gud fings! Babbehs, sketties… Fwuffies knyo ebewyfing!

Mummah slaps her now. Mindie whimpers and whines.

“No. You don’t know everything.”

Mummah is being a meanie!

“Wai mummeh gib Mindeh huwties? Fwuffies smawt, knyo ebewyfing!”

Mummah’s hand makes contact with Mindie’s body again.

“Of value. Do you have value compared to a human? Another animal?”

What is that? Mummah sounds scary now!

“Huu-huu… Fwuffies smawt, am gud… Knyo fings…”

Mummah props Mindie up.

“New game. Repeat after me.”

Mindie whimpers.

“Nuu… Nu game, wan go safe-woom nao…”

Mindie’s mummah props her up again, getting loud and belligerent.

“Repeat.”

“I AM A GENETICALLY MODIFIED CREATURE. I DO NOT KNOW EVERYTHING. I KNOW NO MORE OR LESS THAN THE HUMANS, THE ANIMALS, OR THE CELL LINES THAT BIRTHED ME.”

Big words! Mummah looks scary!

“Mindeh no knyo wha wowdies mean… Mummah be nice mummah nao?”

“No. Repeat.”

“Huu-huu… Mindeh am gee-net-tik-whee muh-dee-fyed cwee-tuw… Mindeh nu knyo ebewyfing. Mindeh knyo nu moh-”

Mindie forgot wordies.

“Fine. You’re going to learn your intrinsic value today.”

“I KNOW THAT I KNOW NOTHING. MAN NO MORE THAN ANIMAL CONTAINS MORAL CHEMICALS, BUT THE AMALGAMATION OF THE TWO MISSES THE MARK.”

Mindie tries to remember wordies. Big wordies. Meanie wordies.

“Mindeh knyo sat Mindeh knyo nuffing… Hoomin nu moh den barkie-munstah haf mowaw che-mee-kaws, but dah… Dah ah… Ah-mah…”

“MY ARTIFICIAL ORIGINS DO NOT PURIFY ME. EVERYTHING I DO IS TO REPRODUCE. MY EMOTIONS ARE NOT ME. I SEPARATE MY COGNITION FROM THE WHOLE.”

“Huu-huu! Wowdies tuu big! Mindeh wub mummeh!”

Mummah sighs, looking relieved. She gets up and puts Mindie back down.

Mindie no understand.

Does Mummeh think Mindie is a bad fluffy?

Is it because she made bad poopies?

Maybe Mindie bad.

Maybe Fluffies bad. Mummah think so.

(A/N: I am now making fluffies get mindfucked in less conventional ways with something in Latin as the title :slightly_smiling_face: If anyone can guess what that first bit means (which is quite easy), I will write your fluffy psychological abuse of choice)

12 Likes

Dope

1 Like

Looks like Biological Imperative, which seems to be the point of Mummah’s questioning, sort of. That woman seems to be having a bit of an existential crisis and I cant blame her. Living in the fluffy world would be philosophically stressful.

2 Likes

Odd to look into the value of a creature. Knowledge is not intrinsically value nor is knowledge intrinsic to creatures. And every creature has some intrinsic value as meat or as a means of population control. Or a negative value in terms of parasites

2 Likes

“Mindeh haf no vawyew. Mindeh am jus toy. Mindeh am for funsies for hoomans, hoomans pway howebah dey want wif fwuffeh. Fwuffeh am fow huwties if hooman desiwe” is the correct answer, shitrat.

1 Like

Biological imperative. But clearly a fluffy would have more than this. What is the imperative need of a toy?

1 Like

Trying to remember my Latin. It’s been a while.

I’m pretty sure it just means the drive to survive and reproduce. It literally means biological control, referring to instinct related to the body. Orders from the body, in a sense. (An imperative is a command, after all.)

ETA: still thinking about this. The story points out interesting contrasts between instinct (very limbic stuff) and intellect (dependent upon elements of highly evolved brains). It also brings up the point that the mark of intelligence is knowing the limits of one’s knowledge. We know fluffies are stupid, but Mindie’s owner is also pretty stupid if she thinks a fluffy can grok all that. It was done as a test, yeah, but fluffies are essentially little kids. They can only comprehend complex ideas if they’re explained slowly, and in simple terms.

Overall, this story just feels like a new form of abuse, or an exercise in futility. Like teaching a cat to do taxes.

1 Like