Bipedal Training (peangin)

I just downloaded a drawing app last night and drew my first fluffies. Not as easy as I thought after years of lurking. I don’t like the way they look so I’ll experiment some more.
I wanted to draw these after running across some videos on YouTube posted by people who own monkeys as pets. It’s amazing what they put them through. Bipedal training is where they train the monkeys to walk upright like humans… which they are not designed to do. To accomplish this, they tie the monkey’s arms behind their back to prevent them from using them to walk on all fours. Eventually the monkeys walk on two legs but it wrecks their posture and can cause issues down the road. They also dress them up in clothes and diapers.
I like to imagine that fluffies have primate DNA which enable them to move their lips in complex ways for showing emotion and speaking. This also helps with sitting on their hunches and using their arms… similar to a monkey. I though this combined with their chunkiness would drive people to want to make them speaking and walking teddy bears.
So I hope some of you more talented artist will take this concept a run with it. Also, the monkeys I described in the YouTube videos end up getting abandoned when there older and no longer “cute”. There are additional videos of these pampered, walking monkeys being forced to socialize with feral monkeys and the former pets end up getting bullied and eventually suffering mental breakdowns. So a lot of potential with this.
Let me know what you think.

32 Likes

Def not bad for a first time after years of lurking! :+1:

And fluffies are always on all fours, so you never get this angle where you can see their pot bellies! Too cute!! :hugs:

7 Likes

Love the abuse; but now I’m sad about the monkeys!

7 Likes

they’re evolving into anthros!

3 Likes

I love this. I’ve fallen down the YouTube Monkey Abuse rabbit hole a couple times myself. It’s so disturbing but I find the comments to be morbidly fascinating. They say things similar to the abuse comments on Fluffy art, describing how they’d like the monkeys to be killed or tortured. They even call the monkeys “shit rats” sometimes (though “tree rat” is more common.) I wondered if there was an overlap between the two communities, but I’ve never met anyone in the Fluffy Community that wanted to harm an actual living animal.

In any case, great idea and art!

4 Likes

Excuse me, what? They are like our little bros. Why would anyone want to abuse a monkey?
Edit: oh it was in the post. Still kinda disturbing

5 Likes

What’s worse is that YouTube allows this content and a number of these channels are even monetized. If you google “YouTube’s Monkey Problem” there’s a few articles on the phenomenon. It is very bizarre and disturbing.

*Edited the search term to something that brings up articles and not the offending videos

6 Likes

Smells like a latent misanthropy

3 Likes

OH FUCK DO NOT SEARCH UP ANYTHING THAT HAS A LOT OF RANDOM/RANDOMLY PLACED SYMBLOS IN IT
Just some useful advice.

3 Likes

YouTube is weird. Shuts down many undeserving and few deserving.

3 Likes

What, did you find a secret tampon advertisement?

3 Likes

No just dark/deep web shit.

3 Likes

Ok, devil’s advocate.

Monkeys are… Too human, I don’t want to see them suffer. But I don’t like them, the uncanny nature of them makes me feel gross. Now consider, that some people may take this to an extent where seeing them suffer makes them feel better. The disgust that builds in them is eliminated in an unhealthy way.

Making abundantly clear that I’m playing devils advocate.

3 Likes

You can’t explain everything with uncanny valley effect. In order to trigger it, the object should look a lot like human, but with small distortions, like this.

Monkeys on the other hand are called our distant relatives with a reason. They are very human, but clearly not enough to trigger the effect to a point of wanting to hurt them.

4 Likes

You remember cute agression? That is believed to be one potential awnser.

2 Likes

Yeah, that is closer to the truth. I mean, look at that orangutan

4 Likes

Fat fuck.
Like me.

3 Likes

I just don’t like them, they’re smart enough to be cruel but still stupid enough not to care.

3 Likes

I just searched “cute monkey” on YouTube, and some of the videos were abuse. I guess we found the right answer

2 Likes

So, godzilla team then?

3 Likes