Biwds ov a feathah by(that1hugboxer)

This is a continuation of Hoagie’s hero By(that1hugboxer) and The Illiwara curse by(that1hugboxer)

You are Jessie Illawarra , today you and your fluffy kinta are hanging out with your big brother Duncan .

As you stroll through the house you come upon the safe room .
Inside you find Atlas, Odis, Olga , Zofie and a yellow fluffy you don’t recognize.

You’re really proud of Duncan for putting in the effort to train Odis, he hardly wore diapers at all anymore only really wearing them on long trips but otherwise was almost completely house trained. He still couldn’t speak in full sentences or eat solid food but it’s much more than anyone thought possible for a sensitive Baby.

Kinta runs over to Odis and starts hugging him.

The strange yellow fluffy waddles over to you and stares up at you cross eyed and smiling.
“Hewwo! Am Hoagie, wan’ be fwiend?”

Hoagie wags his little tail eagerly awaiting your answer.

Something about Hoagie was just adorable, you wanted to put him in your pocket and carry him around.

You had heard that many semi derped fluffies are often abused because they were so easily fooled by people into coming home with them .

“Of course little guy! I’ll be your friend.”

Hoagie does a little jig in excitement before waddling over to Kinta to ask the same question.

Kinta looks hesitantly at Hoagie before looking over at you.

“Kinta ,Hoagie asked to be your friend . What do you say?”

“Kinta am nu suwe”

“Come on Kinta , Hoagie is a nice fluffy. Why wouldn’t you want to be his friend?”

Kinta looks at you concerned.

“Buh Hoagie am icky Dummeh.”

Your heart sinks as you hear her say that.

“Kinta! You know better than to call him that!”

Kinta begins to cry.

“Buh Daddeh! If Kinta am fwiends with a Dummeh Kinta get dah Dummeh cooties ! Kinta nu wan’ be Dummeh!”

“Wait a minute …you think that you can catch being a Dummeh?”

You explaine to Kinta that it doesn’t work like that.

She seems to understand.

After agreeing to be Hogies friend. You hear Duncan calling your name.

You follow the sound of his voice to his grandparents old room.

“Hey buddy! I got something to show you.”

Duncan is holding leather a rifle case .

“Whatcha got there?”

Duncan smiles and unzips the rifle case.

Inside is a very old pump action shotgun.

“Jessie this shotgun belonged to my adoptive grandfather Miklós Belova , he carried it in his patrol car for 30+ years before retiring. It was a retirement gift from the police department for his years of service.”

Duncan locks open the action to show that it’s clear, before handing it over to you

You look at Duncan curiously.

“It’s a tidy package for a 12 gauge.”

Duncan laughs.

“It’s got the government extortion tax stamp if that’s what you are worried about.”

You pump the action .

“It feels nice.”

Duncan smiles.

“That’s great considering it’s yours now.”

You look at Duncan dumbfounded.

“W…What ?”

Duncan puts his hand on your shoulder.

“That gun was passed down to me and now I’m passing it down to you.”

“Dad will have a conniption.”

“We’ll keep it here until you graduate. That way he can’t get rid of it”

3 Likes

Their dad really is a piece of shit.

2 Likes

He’s definitely not a great guy, I wonder what kind of person shaped his world view. Perhaps a topic for a future story. We ultimately make our own decisions in life, but those who raise us definitely contribute to how we turn out. For better or worse.

1 Like