Boopco Special Foal-4-Sketti Machine (by Booperino)

Maybe the contraceptive does last for six month but carries a small risk of damage to the reproductive system, hence why it would be unfit for humans but fine for fluffies since we don’t want them reproducing much anyway. Plus, what are a few fluffy miscarriages and deformed foals.

1 Like

FUCKING GENIUS!!!

1 Like

… at first i want to complain how dare you touch the holy pest control machine

…though this way you can make more profit with it, discarding alicorns could be a thing … and the foal be gone ramen formula also/still helps to effectively control the pest population

…though grinding the foals into skettis is still more efficient and creates classics like “why skettis taste wike enfie babbeh”

2 Likes

you know me~ :smiling_imp:

i would argue that is less efficient. Easier to clean a pan that made ramen than scrapping off fluffy guts from the machine, plus the smell of rotten foal corpse if not cleaned soon :thinking:

2 Likes

A version of this is apart of my universe. Instead of being attached to the shelter, this has a large holding bin with two important features: sound proof landing bin and a big recording of a machine grinding up a foal, along with the spray that emits the dead foal scent around the collection shoot- don’t want to have a mare pull a dunk and cheat for a can of skettis.

2 Likes

I’m missing something. The original machine was simply an elaborate attempt to shrink feral populations by tricking desperate ferals into sacrificing their weaker foals for contraceptive laden sketti.

As far as I can tell, the Boopco version does the same thing, except that the sacrificed foals aren’t actually killed.

What’s the point of the Boopco version? The recovered foals will likely be the weakest and sickest, and even if they survive, they aren’t likely to be adopted. Saving them doesn’t address the feral problem, it just adds to the burden of the fluffy shelters.

What am I missing here?

1 Like

These would honestly solve most fluffy population issues. Between selfish fluffies, hunger, and foal be gone it’s over. The only thing that would cull fluffie populations more would be a “Don’t kill smarty” policy. Smarty friends would only allow one smarty per herd, and there selfishness gets fluffies killed by the dozen.

1 Like

see the original machine dont have the contraceptive bit, thats a boopco solution to reduce feral population numbers by putting a halt to breeding temporarily.

the saved foals are a small extra (and the whole thing is all on the hands of the shelter that adopt the program, if they dont feel like they can take in random stray foals they dont have to install the machine)

If I remember right some creators had a “dead foal smell” which fluffies found absolutely repugnant. If a foal died, it’s body somehow gave of this terrible scent which could imply an area wasn’t safe. Hasbio made a synthetic version as a deterrent against home invasions.

I think maybe this idea was short lived, but I do remember it. But given a fluffy’s sense is smell is supposed to be fairly good? It’s an important thing to keep in mind. Even if dead foal scent isn’t a thing, the machine needs regular cleaning so it doesn’t smell like a fluffy graveyard.

2 Likes

I think part of the smell coverage is from the smell of the sketti sauce. As someone who worked in an Italian restaurant I can tell you that smell will cling to everything and cover up most other smells. Then there is the psychological part of the fluffies probably not focusing on all the other hints/details/smells because of the prospect of sketties themselves.

Booperino’s version avoids all that mess and worry with not killing them. And sure, there will be a certain number of foals that will be too sick or too far gone but instead of suffering they get a short window of happiness before a quick, peaceful death. I think the majority will be completely fine. Getting rescued so early on their lives means that malnutrition isn’t likely to have had irreversible or long-term effects outside of growthrate.

1 Like

Huh, I thought the original foal for spaghetti machine did have contraceptives, if not outright poison, in the sketti. Maybe I just assumed that, its been awhile.

2 Likes

. . .I laughed picturing a building as follows…

recycling

Basically the foals go into the backroom of the store where they’re checked over and processed. If they’re confirmed healthy they go in a can and loaded in the back of the machine on the opposite wall.

4 Likes

i think the issue with that is that the foal in a cans are usually chirpies, when the foals that can be taken can be too old/big for the cans XP

2 Likes

To be fair I think some fluffies would get rid of unwanted foals in the sketti exchange within the first few days of birth assuming they don’t eat them or leave them to die entirely.

True, you’d occasionally get foals that are too big due to desperation, which you could sell in the store after some training or put in shelter shipments.

But the very young ones it goes machine a to machine allowing you to cut out the industrial supplier.

1 Like

unless this is by the time fluffies got animal rights in the booperverse, then canned foals would be considered illegal

but i could see that working for extremelly newborn ones, like less than a week old

1 Like

Runts or those with birth defects. Does the machine see if they’re alive?

Also, I could see someone wanting a fast hot meal stealing foals.

3 Likes

it got a camera at least to see how the foal got to be there, but yeah i was thinking it having things to detect if the foal is alive before deploying the ramen

1 Like

At which point that machine would be in the second adjoining alley behind the building cause it’s discrete and illegal. xD

Well since this was imagined on the boop premise that it’s more to save them, I guess it’d take runts and defectives.

You could probably add a camera system to the intake that takes a short clip of each foal for signs of movement/noise or body temperature and asks someone for approval if no one’s manning the intake room. At which point you’d punish the fluffy for trying to give you a corpse.

You’d probably have a hose inside for cleaning the interior/exterior of the machine. So there’s be a slide panel in the wall that you could stick the hose through from inside and spray the fluffy for trying to sell you a corpse. ~Chuckle~

As for baby thiefs, the idea is to rescue foals~ so honestly it might not be addressed unless we’re talking tagged pets. Though if a bunch of mothers start showing up begging/pleading with the machine I have a feeling someone would investigate and punish the smarty/hellgremlin or give the hobo/homeless person a talking to.

Heck if it’s a hobo/homeless person and they show promise you might even hook them up with an actual collection job. Every fluffy that says ‘X sent me’ gets them a commission.

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking of a chest high machine for humans to use. But, how to focus the story…

2 Likes

Maybe like a coinstar machine, but for foals?

Have options where you can select what purpose you’re selling them for as well. :slight_smile:

ex: Person with sack starts loading in foals one at a time. Machine images each foal grading them for reimbursement. Puts their images in a column. Swipe right if you’re selling them for human purposes and left if you dont care (ie abuse/industrial) and down for disposal.

Humane sells for less but tax is taken off from total so you dont have to declare it as income ; disposal gets you state/local tax credits and a minor payout upfront depending on states extermination needs and uncaring gets you the most money but you’ll be taxed on at end of the year so save your reciept.

You can scan a code of use your phone and have the money deposited in an account/ap.

Add a hand washing station on the side so people dont smudge up the screen and an auto clean/wiper function between uses for general sanitation. ~Chuckle~

Or maybe a mobile robot to provide convenient disposal sites for people like those police pylons?

2 Likes