Bowl Belly Fluffy (fluffybooru id: 00411, 00198) (by: Coalheart)

29 Likes

I never much cared for or understood these things until I saw their bowl-like, odd-shaped natrue used against them. Says a lot about me.

1 Like

There were some evil edits with the first image rolling around.

3 Likes

Was the bowl fluffy takes a bit from otter genes why they float and babies on their tummy? Saw few comic and art do they use their tail to paddle?

1 Like

I’m wondering how th bowl works. Is the outside/bowl sides more boyant than the center body?

3 Likes

Conceptually they don’t really seem to make sense. Having an adaptation that seems only suited to floating on their backs in the water seems kinda single use. Sure they can perhaps float around, but what else can they do? They can’t breathe under water, don’t have fins to help orient themselves or move easily, and walking around looks like it would be more difficult.

I suppose it’s just for amusement. If anything it’s only either to look cute or as a plot device for abuse based on the works I’ve seen.

3 Likes

I think they likely have a lot more mass on the back and flanks which would make their center of gravity be weighted behind them so they’d naturally roll to their back in the water. The high fat levels would help buoyancy too.

2 Likes