Bread fluffy Concept development / discussion thread

That would be a very curious look into fluffy development, even if bread, since they don’t have to worry about food. They only concern would be finding water, if we are going off of your bread fluff type, since they would still need water as a vital resource.

I’m just imagining this essentially tribal village of bread fluffs make their own development, architecture, and culture away from the public.

1 Like

They do need some food. They’d definetly be seeking out carbs/grains so that they could generate their coats since anything over survival helps produce the coat. They also need to be doing pretty decent since their body would melt their fat to serve as a binder to make bread so they’d probably be more prone to starving or forced to eat more to build fat stores.

But naturally ‘diminishing returns’ and poop would mean that they couldn’t solely rely on eating each others bread fluff.

So they might actually be a type that tries to raid crops like wheat, barley, etc.

1 Like

“Are these gluten free bread fluffs? I definitely totally can’t eat anything else.”

“You should try the keto fluffs.”

2 Likes

I was thinking along the lines of harvesting their bread fluff when it was ready to get ‘pwetty fwuff’ again. That way they have stores of actual bread without raiding the nearby wheat farm. It would be a renewable food source. Maybe have a few in the adobes for multiple rounds to produce more bread for the herd.

1 Like

True, though they’d need to figure out a way to preserve/store it if they wanted it to last.

Otherwise it’d probably only serve as a ‘supplement’ and they’d need to do daily rotate the oldest of said supplies (probably a week or two) out as they baked new batches of bread to prevent mold.

1 Like

They could just put their reserves back into the Adobe to make the bread into tack so it will last longer (even through winter) and not as susceptible to molding. One of the down sides to this is that it would be like eating a rock, hints the need to water.

They could, perhaps, use the environment around them to better preserve the bread, some sort of salt rich mineral or plant, and make it more tasty, like berries.

I’m no baker, so I would take my input on this with a grain of salt. No pun intended.

Indeed forage would definitely help with variety… xD Which made me think the following.

It’d probably lend to the ‘pwetty fluff’ idea. Since most fluffies stuff food into their ‘fluff’ while foraging to carry it when they cant figue out sleds or other transports. So you could imagine them stuffing stuff like ‘berries’ etc into their dough and then baking it.

‘sandwiches’ would probably be pretty staple in their diets if they can slice it or bake thin enough pieces. It amuses me imagining leaves/flowers/etc between sliced bread.

Hmm, so a location with rock salt/salt mines/sea salt. Ample fresh water. And some kind of Grain or high carb food source would probably be an ideal habitat then.

The only other issue would be the general pest control / animal raids that might try and eat their nummy stockpiles. But fluffies have been dealing with this forever so it’s not unique to them.

1 Like

Yeah. Someplace that with some sort of salt would be ideal for preserving their yields. I would think their bread fluff would be super delicate (like most fluffies hair is already) so ‘cutting’ it wouldn’t be that much of an issue.

Sandwich idea would be good. I’d say use the foals as the sandwich bread (if they didnt want smushed bread) since they would be little enough.

As for pest control, I think the preservatives would keep some away. I’d be more interested on how they would combat any animal that would use them for a sandwiches themselves. Would they hide in their adobes, or fight it out?

1 Like

They’d probably hide in their houses but naturally that probably wouldn’t help from stuff like bears that could break in their roofs.

Maybe they have a network of tunnels between the huts for escape in these scenarios?

They might also be able to pull themselves away from their bread fluff like a lizard detaching their tail to try and escape certain situations.

Im also kind of picturing them with the slashy sword horns like @Mlgbunnyiscool 's art instead of the standard point and unicorns/alicorns serve a special roll as ‘bread slicers’. xD

1 Like

I could see the adaptability in that way, but I would also see a problem with it too since they would need to be “born” with blade like horn which could be an issue pre-break out baking.

That would be a lawsuit for HasBread (couldn’t pass up that opportunity; lol) and any baker the may have forgotten to remove the blade horn. Well, it could be an accessory to fit on their hardened horns to essentially automate the process of cutting and shearing.

Are we creating a separate fluffy universe but with bread as the main objective here? XD

1 Like

I doubt the horns are particularly sharp since the horns are particularly sensitive. But I doubt that’d stop a determined unicorn from slowly defining the edge to a basic butter knife by sharpening.

They might have been programmed to have horns like that as a ‘gimmick’ so they could serve better as mascot characters.

As for seperate fluffyverse, doubtful. More likely just a seperate food division product after their popularity has developed, like with marshmellow foals etc. :slight_smile:

The more details I can figure out the more likely I am to use them for a story.

Plus there’s always the potential someone else likes it and decides to run with the idea first which I fully approve of.

1 Like

I can see it as a novelty. I am more inclined, if we are doing a village of feral bread fluffies, that some of them ran away with some equipment that was used to help bakers “automate” the harvesting and processing of the bread. It doesn’t have to be just horn blades. It could hoof blades, or attach two fluffies to a dual bread saw for like texas toast level thickness of bread (kind of like the old, two person manual tree saws).

You never know. The fluffy community started out as a separate division of mlp. :shrug:

1 Like

. . .

Im dying inside because my brain went to ‘free range bread’ xD

1 Like

Free range bread!!! That’s hilarious!!

1 Like

I just realized I didn’t respond to this line of thinking (ie completly sentient dough). While I still prefer the ‘sure they start as chirpy-dough and their core toughens to a proper body after a month or two’ ideas we previously developed.

But if we were thinking like that.

I’ll admit I chuckled now imagining bread fluffies getting ‘loafed’ instead of ‘pillowed’ by removing their ‘weggies’ which are cooked as buns or smaller loaves.

Though putting them in a ‘sorry pan’ cramped down in the ‘loaf pose’ might also work. Done long enough and their legs fuse with the body etc.

1 Like

Maybe an idea to keep in the back pocket. I did see you are running a competition to give your idea life. I very interested to see what comes of it.

You could still do the sorry pan idea with the fluffies you intend to use as well. The sorry pan would be a unique punishment for them. Maybe even place them in a warm setting (not to cook) to reinforce the idea of being cooked to drive the point home.

Idk. It’s your idea, I’m just here to help you see different perspectives and help you develop it the way you want. It help me to bounce ideas off others to see how they would see a concept. :+1:

1 Like

cracks knuckles

Alright so like. As a baker.

If the dough grows on the fluffy like wool on a sheep… Could you get different Kinds of dough from different “breeds?”
Putting aside any actual real world logistics in favor of fun worldbuilding

what if you had to feed the fluffy a starter (poolish or levain) every day to get a desired bread? Like the fluffy just creates a basic flour+water mixture naturally but you have to give it the milk/eggs/salt/filling as treats
and then that’s what goes into the end result?

Challah fluffies with a braided mane and tail…
sourdough fluffs, jalepeno chedder fluffs, cinnamon roll…

TT_TT i love this :green_heart:

3 Likes

It’d probably be a general texture thing. Ie - how some are far fluffier then others.
Some fluffy loafs might look like normal slice bread, but others might look like a puffy soufflé.

Correct. If not feed a specialty diet they tend to produce a generic bread using their own body fat as a binder and siphoning off sugars/blood sugar, sweat for salt, body yeast and their own milk etc.

The grain is particularly what influences the bread. Ie - if they eat corn for a prolongued time they’ll make something that’ll taste like it was made with corn flour.

Bakers would probably segregate their bread fluffies to recycling particular products. ie - This one eats all the rye. This one eats the stale donuts. etc etc. Unless they wanted to experiment with fusion.

And they love you. :slight_smile:

1 Like