Bread fluffy Concept development / discussion thread

Linking Contest - Great Breadfluffy Bakeoff - $ Contest $- Closed / Complete. - #20 by Lothmar

Saw a picture of a fluffy in a loaf pose this morning and had weird mental thoughts cause im on3 hours of sleep today.

So my brain was thinking, if bread fluffies were actually a thing, ‘what if a bread fluffy kept gaining weight / grew out its coat?’

‘Would its neck/body fat rolls / excess coat be pieces (rolls/loaves) of bread you could pull/cut off from the main bread body?’

So here’s the basic concept.

It’s a fluffy that grows an edible bread as insulation instead of a hair coat.

It converts grains / carbs and various nutrients above survival consumption into growing its coat.

Im guessing it converts a portion of its fat into a ‘binder’ in place of egg.

If it could constantly generate milk, its body could potentially siphon of this for bread production and that would keep it from over producing milk and feeling sore. Though if this is a binary sex fluffy and not a unisex/mare only breed then that might imply that the males can lactate as well so that they can produce milk for the bread coat.

Body yeast for yeast substitute.

The big issue I see with this would be the ‘how does it cook’ since most bread recipe stuff im seeing is 250- 450 F range so body heats out. Though if someone knows a type that can be made at low temperature let me know. :slight_smile:

If necessary, I guess I can settle on it producing a squishy coat of dough instead of actual bread~ but that doesn’t fit the weird box im envisioning. ~chuckle~

Comments and pitches appreciated. Might write a story once I feel I have enough info to make it seem at least somewhat plausible.

14 Likes

Mmmm, sexy fluffy.

They would totally decimate the baking industry. There can be different breeds of bread fluffes (breads of fluffies? it’s like a pun) producing different kinds of bread and other related products.

5 Likes

Either that or they use them as a recycling at bakeries.

ie - feed them the bread you cant donate/sell after softening it and feed it to the bread fluffies. Bread fluffies reconstitute it and depending on quality of the bread they can produce~ you either sell it or donate it to fluffy shelters or something for tax breaks.

4 Likes

I’m sorry Elias, but I must execute you now

6 Likes

~doesn’t clarify if he means the pun or the execution~

5 Likes

Bumping to see if I can get more interest/interactions to help develop.

2 Likes

As a weirdbox idea it seems fun. I’d say look to plant-fluffies (those are plants not animals, right?) and vegan baking for inspiration. There’s often a lot of substitutes for things.

<— has a friend who is a vegan baker

In theory the different parts could in various organs, but killing and blending the fluffy would result in a batter. You can bake that, or make pancakes or whatever.

I would think this would be actively reviled by ethical vegans. Practical/dietary vegans might not care depending on the nutritional profile.

Depending how they grow, and how quickly? They could be a “phase 2” for disaster relief. Get food there but get bread fluffies growing.

2 Likes

Sort of similar to the vegetable fluffies in a way~ but also not since im picturing bread in lieu of fur not bread in lieu of babies.

Though admittedly, that made me laugh thinking of the old expression ‘bun in the oven’. xD

I’ll probably go on another ‘no bake’ video binge again and tell myself its for ‘research’ purposes and forget that im looking for ‘bread’ specifically. ~Chuckle~

Cause yeah, i’ve seen quite a few cakes and other deserts that are no bake~ but not bread.

2 Likes

You got me thinking in another direction. I was thinking the fluffies WERE the bread.

Starting out as chirpy dough, then put in the oven to screeeeee as they “grow up”, and to cut them to pieces as they plead with you to spare them as you use their bodies for a sandwich or something.

I swear, I’m not as insane as I think. Lol

2 Likes

“Insane”? It’s a pretty cool weirbox/abuse idea.

2 Likes

You can use that idea if you want. Not like I’m going to use it.

1 Like

To be fair, if I couldn’t figure out ‘no bake’ excuse I was going to say their ‘fluff’ was dough.

At which case it could one of a few ways. 1) they need to be ‘sheered’ so the dough can be cooked.

1. The love heat because it makes their ‘fluff feel pretty’ and their mane body is somehow more temperature tolerant. (potentially not harmed by temperature lower then 500 degrees?)

2. They suffer to make their fluff ‘pretty’ by being baked with it and depending on how they are prepared they can be made into different dishes. ex: Fluffy Meatbuns / Meatloaf

In case of 2 becoming feral, I could see an interesting society of bread fluffies if they’re programmed to understand how to make simple mud structures like adobe ovens and they keep one in the center of their community for the bread fluffies to bake after gathering the materials.

The bad/poopy fluffies would be those that refuse to lose their coat and their bread grows mold turning them brown/yellow/green. And naturally said molds a danger to other bread fluffies fresh ‘pretty’ fluff so they exile them or keep them on the border of the colony until they get rid of their coat.

But yeah, it could potentially take time for the main body to develop thus foals are ‘chirpy dough’ and while they could be cooked and become ‘pwetty babbehs’ this means that they wont grow up to become pretty adults. So the caring parents dont bake them. But the selfish ones that think of their kids as their property would probably totally bake them, play with them then eat them when they got bored to grow their own coat and then make more babies.

2 Likes

I actually just noticed the typo. xD

1 Like

If their fur is dough and they’re still meat, they’re essentially walking perogies/raviolis/dim sum.

1 Like

That is a very intriguing insight. I would think of a society of bread fluffs, or them going feral. I was thinking of a bread fluff’s existence being nothing but pain since you would need to cook them to make them rise. They wouldn’t have any weggies because they would need some type of mold to at least immobilize them so they don’t try and run away.

The Adobe oven for the herd would be rather small, in my opinion, since the standard fluffy can’t stack more the three to four blocks high, but personal of familial Adobe ovens would be appropriate since one could, theoretically, build one for just a single occupant.

Tl:dr this universe is gonna have some awful bakers if their bread keeps running off on them. Lol

1 Like

I just had a terrible thought: how many wildfires would they cause?

2 Likes

All the wildfire, even ones not cause by self-cooking fluffies, would be blamed on fluffies. Fluffy toast!

1 Like

True they can only build stuff so high, but you can expand the area by digging into the dirt. ie - make it a submerged oven that vents to the surface.

Though the idea of single/pair adobe oven ‘dens’ for families amuses me. Forcing the bread fluffies to kick the kids out of the nest by a certain age~ or it becomes a family activity where they work together and build new nests for the kids until they get their mate to live with.

Causing a slow but inevitable sprawling village.

Also as to the bakers I think I mentioned earlier in the comments. They’d be very welcome at bakeries. Since they can use them as a recycling.

ie - feed them the bread you cant donate/sell after softening it and feed it to the bread fluffies. Bread fluffies reconstitute it into new dough/bread and depending on quality of the bread they can produce~ you either sell it or donate it to fluffy shelters or something for tax breaks if you cant sell GMO bread.

1 Like

I like the community idea. Seems more consistent making herds. Eventually they’ll need to split off into small herds, but…

1 Like

At a certain point a group of ‘settlers’ of adult fluffies break off to found a new village and leave a certain segment of houses vacant to be populated by the next couple generations.

Cause after a certain ‘size’ communities would become inefficient since they can only build ‘wider’ and not taller.

1 Like