Breeder Strategy (Moesius)

104 Likes

also keeps her from discriminating against high value foals such as alicorns or ones with desired mutations

21 Likes

nice but do you blind during birth or before the birth

4 Likes

also true :v

during birth (if you do before, it may stress it more … so you can trigger the birth … I gess … or a fluff plosion) you can also just put a towel to prevent it to look at its rear.

8 Likes

Mummah wub Widdwe bwuwwy Babbeh’s.

4 Likes

or maybe blind it when young

2 Likes

By blind do you mean with a blindfold or with a ice cream scooper?

2 Likes

yes but it would make it stressed, and in this kind of breeding (hugboxish one), it’s better if the mare is not unable.

a blind fold :v

babbehs am too close of mummah see pwaces

6 Likes

okay

2 Likes

well you could also use a type of acid to damage her eyes and make her babies just blobs so she cant tell if they have wings and horns. but would still be able to do things like find where her litter box is. but blindfolds also work espically if you do it along for feeding if she has clear vision, then you swap out one baby for anorher (say an alicorn or a poorly colored with desireable mutations ie: glittery coat) to keep her from reacting poorly if shes shown previous agression but keeps her in the gene pool, keeps all the foals fed

6 Likes

Interesting take on Hugbox breeding. Good to see more of your work. Yours are so Fluffy realistik.

2 Likes

Commonly used by breeders in birthing is a sense deprivation mask. This in turn, very quickly calms down the mare during the whole time. A calm mare is less likely to induce stress hormones in the late stages before birthing, often causing valuable runts to die prematurely. The mask also alters the mares smell, which is magnified due to being in labor; she is less likely to count the smells of the foals now.

2 Likes

She won’t care for any of them, just keeps saying “huuu huuu see pwaces gu way” and bumping into stuff. Did I fuck it up?

2 Likes

Wonderful art
And always pleased to see more Moesius content

2 Likes

Also blind mare’s doesn’t gonna discriminate on color or abilities (unicorn, Pegasus or alicorn).

2 Likes

Missed you!!

2 Likes

yeah :smiley:

in your case, just force the mare to look ahead xD

yes, but when you remove the blindfold, the discrimination come back (it’s just a micro laps in which you can “save” the foals)

:3

6 Likes

I was missing these little slices-of-a-sad-life illustrations, thank you

2 Likes

You’re welcome to use my head cannon hidden secret from highly appreciated breeders. Most people who don’t do basic breeder learning won’t know anything about the mask, and when they do, it turns out to be the best bit of information they’ve ever known.

2 Likes

didn’t know it was your head cannon :v but hey

3 Likes