Broken Ch. 2 [By BFM101]

Josef gave some Fluffy antibiotics to Brown Baby and released some lavender oil to lull the children into a restful sleep, leaving them safe and warm he returned to Rex and Allison in the main room, both sipping from a bowl of milk.

“You’re lucky I still had some of these left, I don’t often carry Fluffy medicine, but there should be enough to last your stay.”

“Joesep gud hoomin, wook affta Fwuffies.” Rex spoke highly of his new friend, Allison nodded in affirmation.

“Ah it’s nothing, you hear enough about abusers out there and I just can’t understand it. Maybe it’s the doctor in me but when I swore to do no harm I mean all creatures.”

Josef looked down and saw Rex wincing slightly as his hoofs touched the side of the bowl.

“Come here Rex, let me see your hoofs.”

Rex walked across the wooden table to where Josef was, he then sat down on his backside and lifted his hoofs for Josef to inspect. Josef took a magnifying glass and examined Rex’s hoofs, the first thing he noticed was that other than some scaring, Rex’s hoofs would heal fine, he hadn’t cut in deep enough to cause any lasting damage.

“Looks okay, just don’t go banging doors again in the middle of the night and you’ll be ok.”

Rex chuckled slightly. “Wex wa despewate, think brown babbeh hab foreba sweepies. Took wisk on Joesef bu needed hewp tat bad.”

“Can I ask you both something, and feel free not to answer if you don’t want to, but why don’t your children have names yet? You both have names which are unusual for Ferals so I assume you had some interactions with other humans, were the babies born after that or…”

Rex nodded. “Babbehs com wen Wex an Allason live out home. Wex gibben name by hoomin daddeh, live on enfie-fawm, Wex no wike it deh, meanie daddeh twy tu fowce Wex to make babbehs. Bu Wex no wan bad speciaw hugs, Wex onwy wan twue speciaw fwiend.”

Allison nuzzled her head into Rex’s neck, remembering their time together. Josef knew about the breeding farms on the outskirts of the city, it made sense that Rex was from there, he had a good coat on him, plus his enlarged genitals would sell him as a strong, masculine stallion to the right buyer.

Rex continued his story. “Wex meet Allason in fawm, she ousside Fwuffy wooking fow nummies, Wex twy tu shawe him nummies but meanie daddeh thwow things at hew, said she dummie mawe, daddeh wong. Wex escap, fin Allason and wun away, she no hab name so Wex gib her name affta pwetty song he heaw on wadio.”

Allison took over the story telling. “Allson wuv nyu name, nyu name mean nyu wife with speciaw fwiend. Hab nu named babbehs cos waitin tiww dey is talkie-babbehs, wan dem tu know names.”

Rex got a solemn look in his eyes. “Pwus, famiwy nu safe, need home, nu wan name babbehs then wose babbeh to meanie sitty.”

Josef was stunned, a Fluffy that understood the meaning of possessive behaviour, of the emotional attachment to naming? He’d never seen anything like it before.

“Well, you’re safe for the moment, maybe now is the time to start thinking of names.

Allison agreed. “Joesep hab point, babbehs need names. Wex an Allason think duwing sweepie pictas.”

Rex nodded and yawned, it had been a long day for them. Josef picked them up and carried the borderline asleep parents through to their children, Rex and Allison made a circle of fluff around their young and promptly fell asleep. Rex purred slightly as he felt his mate’s fur against his.

“Hmm, Wex wuv famiwy.”

Josef slowly and quietly closed the bedroom door, making sure he didn’t wake any of the Fluffies up. Once satisfied they were all soundly asleep, he opened the door to the basement and went downstairs, he could afford to be a little louder down here since the heavy door would dull most of the sounds.

Which was good because there was sure to be lots of noise.

At the bottom of the stairs, Josef turned a corner and sat down at a desk, he set up his equipment and switched on a desk-lamp, right into the face of a black and white Fluffy tied to a wooden board.

“Hello Edgar, sorry I was away for so long, had a run in with my next subjects.”

Edgar blinked at the painful light in front of him. “Wha… who dat? Pwease tuwn off bwight-light, huwties seeing-pwaces.”

“I’m hurt Edgar, I thought you would’ve remembered all the fun we have together. Besides, we need the light on so you can see how well the operation has gone.

Edgar froze, memories of pain and blood came rushing back to him, he tilted his head down as best he could from his position on the board, looking down to his stomach. But where there should be black and white, he only saw red and pink.

He screeched in horror until he was hoarse, the demented chuckling of Josef being heard just underneath the screams.

Unaware of what their new host had been up to during the night, Rex and Allison woke up when the sunlight crept through the window. Both were the most relaxed they’d been in ages, having spent most of their lives sleeping in the streets, both agreed to thanks Josef again for his kindness.

Between them their babies starting to stir awake, even Brown Baby was looking for chirper than before. Alison looked at her mate.

“Time fow namies?” She asked.

Rex nodded already having a couple ideas in his head. “Wakie times babbehs, mummah an daddeh hab gud news.”

The five children all woke with an excited jolt and gathered in a small huddle, wondering what the good news could be.

“Mummah and daddeh wan tu gib babbehs aww names now.”

The foals cheered and chirped. “Yay, nyu namies.

The two parents lined their children up shoulder to shoulder to name them one by one, first was the Red Alicorn, their first-born and strongest, while he took his horn from his unicorn mother, everything else about him was copied directly from Rex making his name choice easy.

“Yu now cawed Juniow.” Rex gave his son’s mane a tussle. Junior puffed his chest, proud to be carrying his father’s name. Next they went to the orange Pegasus, their eldest daughter – if only by a couple minutes – and den mother when Allison wasn’t around, Allison beamed at her daughter and thought of the perfect name for her.

“Babbeh now caww Cwementine.”

“Wow, wuv nyu namie mummah, wub Cwema… Cweamin… Cwem… Cwem?”

Allison nodded. “Showt namie be Cwem tu.”

Next in line where the Purple twins, both were from the same little as their brothers and sister, but due to their similar colours they had formed a close bond with each other. Rex already had their names in mind from his time on the breeding farm.

He pointed to the lighter purple filly, a soft-hearted young girl with a nervous disposition. “Yu can be Janis.”

Then he pointed to her brother, a curious young stallion with a deep purple coat. “An yu can be Zappa.”

Amongst some other qualities, something that set Rex apart from other Fluffies was his affinity for human music, he could barely understand it save for few words but he enjoyed the sounds. On the farm his daddeh always had mean things to say about the “poopie muzik of today” so he was always playing ‘classic’ songs on his radio. Over time Rex had come to appreciate his daddeh’s songs, in particular Janis Joplin and Frank Zappa, two of only a few names he was able to recognise from the sounds but both had made an impression on him.

Last up was the brown baby, he was feeling much better though still coughing slightly, Rex and Allison were so proud of their brave little fighter, and wanted to give him a brave name.

Allison had just the idea. “Babbeh name now be Wawwace.” She’d heard the name Wallace talked about before when she passed by the human school, she didn’t know who he was but apparently he fought for his homeland and that felt brave enough for her.

At that moment Josef opened the door. “I thought I heard talking, you all awake I take it.”

Junior and Clem starting jumping with joy. “Joesep, Joesep, babbehs hab nyu namies now, so happy.”

“Really? Well I’m glad to hear it let’s meet you all.”

The foals lined up again as Rex proudly reintroduced his children again. “Dis is Juniow, Cwementine, Janis, Zappa an Wawwace.” Each of the foals gave a short nod as their name was called out.

“Very nice to meet you all, and so polite as well. I’ve got seven bowls of good food waiting in the kitchen, as well as some more medicine for Wallace, so when you’re ready let’s have some breakfast.

The family cheered as one by one they were let down from the bed and onto the floor where they started walking towards the kitchen. Along the way they passed the basement, where Zappa caught a whiff of something strange, he starting following his nose towards the open door where he was able to faintly recognise the smell.

The smell of Fluffy.

Josef suddenly came bounding through, pissed that he’d left the door open with Fluffies in the house. “Whoa there Zappa, it’s dark and dangerous down there, don’t want you to hurt yourself.”

“Zappa smeww odda Fwuffy down deh, why dat?”

“Why? Well I had another hurt Fluffy in here before your family arrived, I tried my best to help him but he was too hurt and he went to forever sleep. I haven’t had the chance to bury him yet so I left him in the basement so he doesn’t frighten anyone.

Janis walked up to Josef, tears in her eyes. “Dat so sad, do Joesep wan huggies?”

“Thank you dear but no, I’ve saved the lives of many Fluffies and lost just as many, it hurts but I’ll be ok. Now then, our breakfast awaits.”

The reminder of food took most of the families mind off the basement and back towards nummies, but Zappa remained curious, he was a ‘splorin babbeh so curiosity was in his nature but he was also a smart babbeh, and that scent was far too fresh to be a dead Fluffy.

He did his best to hide his worries through the day, not wanting to risk his new home over nothing, but he needed to find out what that smell was. That night he stayed awake, while his parents and siblings slept he carefully snuck out of the Fluffy pile, found a nearby chair by the bed, and did his best to climb down without waking anyone. Once on the floor he stood next to the door and waited, he didn’t have to wait long before Josef opened the door to peek in and see the sleeping family, Zappa took his chance and darted in the space between Josef and the door, hiding under a cabinet before he was seen.

Josef shut the door and made for the basement, Zappa followed, taking every precaution not to make any noise that might tell Josef he was behind him. When Josef reached the basement door he stopped and looked around, forcing Zappa to hide beneath a cupboard and pray he hadn’t been seen. He seemed to have made it when Josef opened the door and went into the basement, Zappa had to make a run for it, hoping that the creaking door would hide his hoofs he dashed forward and dived in just as the door was closing and fell into a huddle against the dark wall.

Zappa stayed in the huddle for a while, closing his eyes and covering his head with his legs. He was sure he’s been seen, how could Josef not notice him diving next to him. But by a stroke of dumb luck, nothing happened, Zappa could hear Josef’s footsteps going down the stairs until they softened into nothing.

Zappa looked up, not seeing Josef anywhere, he took his time going down the steps, misjudging even one would mean a painful death for the young stallion. Even with his slow descent he still never saw Josef come back round. Curious, Zappa turned a corner and saw a desk at the other end of the room, but it was what was on that desk that made him shit himself in fear.

Tied to a wooden board was a black and white Fluffy, it’s arms and legs spread outwards on all four corners, but it’s torso had had it’s skin pulled open on either side so Zappa could see the still beating heart and lungs and stomach of the poor brutalised Fluffy.

The black and white Fluffy saw the movement in front of him and his heart sank. With what little strength he could find and called out to the young purple colt in front of him.

“Wun babbeh, wun fwom da munstah.”

Zappa turned to escape the horror in front of him but was stopped when he felt something grab him. With a firm hand crushing his fragile little body, Zappa was lifted up until he was face-to-face with Josef’s cruel grin.

“Oh you are gonna regret this my curious little buddy. I can promise you that.”

Chapter 3

43 Likes

I just had a funny thought. What if Josef stuffed Zappa into the cut open fluffy’s chest cavity and sowed it up? That would be neat haha.

5 Likes

Archimedes?

3 Likes

Who? The mathematician?

1 Like

No the bird

2 Likes

“Archimedes what are you doing? It is FILTHY in there.”

3 Likes

patrick-star-evil-laugh

2 Likes