Bucket Trap [by ChungusMyBungus]

Have another terrible drawing for something I just came up with. I dub it ‘the fuck-it bucket’, very useful for getting rid of unwanted foals, while keeping yourself technically blameless.

The idea is simple: a bucket with an opaque circle (wood, plastic, etc) fitted inside of it, held in place with a pair of screws on either side. On one side is a small catch, designed to stop the lid from tipping up on it’s own. The only way to open it is to apply downwards pressure to that side, and the catch will halt it on the way back up.
Pressing down as such tips open the lid and sends the weight sliding into the bucket, inside which is a decent amount of water intended to drown whatever lands inside.

Place the bucket trap next to some kind of surface like a table or a box, and place the foals on top of the surface. Then simply lure them over onto the bucket’s surface. This can be done with any method, such as holding up their mama for them to see. Mama will plead with her babies to come and give her a hug, her babies will be more than happy to oblige. One after another they’ll blunder onto the bucket’s lid and, in the blink of an eye, vanish beneath the surface.

The bucket trap would be too small for adult fluffies, but would be a great way of getting rid of overly curious ‘splowin’ foals, while making it impossible for the mama to blame you for it. After all, you didn’t do anything, it was all the bucket.
Plus, all the water at the base makes the bucket heavy enough that it’s impossible for a fluffy pony, adult or otherwise, to tip it over successfully, ensuring any foals that stumble their way into it are doomed.
That, and the rim around the top should be enough to prevent any particularly lucky foals from escaping, even if they realise the danger they’re in. Eventually they’ll have no choice but to step onto the ‘bad’ side and be tipped into the water below.

30 Likes

It reminds me to those mouse traps

5 Likes

https://fluffy-community.com/search?q=bucket
Hmm, trying to find one specific comic I was thinking of. This may take a while!

Happy bucket (KerosineCannibal) Had to add rain or drowning to find this fast. Yeah, this was the one that immediately came in mine when seeing this comic.

3 Likes

Nice little comic, surprised I’ve not seen it before.

Also, justice for black babbeh.

“this is a Bucket”

1 Like

I’ve seen a neat one that uses a wooden dowel/rod that spins. You put peanut butter on the center, the mice go to it and eventually fall off. Supposed to work pretty well!

My take on it: Roll Bar Micro-Fluffy Trap by Chikahiro

“Dear God…”

1 Like

There are traps like this for rats which I feel woiuld work on foals and younger/smaller fluffies

I dub it ‘the fuck-it bucket’

not the fucket?

there’s more.

1 Like

“No…”

1 Like

Great idea but uh … i still need the foals alive … can’t make any money if their dead and i have several of those in ground ~ and larger versions as well for the grown ups