Burnout sucks [Somethingcheeky]

This is the first thing I’ve drawn in forever.

Whoopsy doodle, I’ve been staying in bed unable to make myself do anything but sleep. Feels great.

26 Likes

Whatever you do dont start drinking thinking it will help. PM me if u need someone to talk to.

8 Likes

I’m not gonna do that, couldn’t even if I wanted to.
I’ll be fine, just need to make myself do things.

8 Likes

Well you already have a good start

5 Likes

Weather permitting, why not go for a walk after looking up some drawing prompts? Get some ideas flowing that way.

5 Likes

I’m locked into position, I can barely make myself do anything. I just want to lay here.

5 Likes

Lay for a bit and then make yourself stand up

4 Likes

I know the feeling bud

5 Likes

Ok, im up

5 Likes

Just concentrate on yourself and rest

4 Likes

sounds like depression not burn out

6 Likes

Depends if its chronic or not

2 Likes

since when is there chronic burn out

2 Likes

It’s called depression if its chronic. Burn out is acute.

3 Likes

burn out dose not make you not want to get out of bed

3 Likes

It’s probably depression

5 Likes

I’m sorry you’re not feeling well, I hope you’ll get better soon.
@SMAN97 is right, don’t start drinking (I know you’re too young to do so in your country, but still).

6 Likes

Important thing I was taught was think of life like a piano. There isn’t a “correct” and an “incorrect” key. Every key has it’s use in the right place. So staying in bed and sleeping in isn’t an automatic bad. Maybe it’s what you need. Maybe you need to lick some wounds and tend to yourself. If that’s the case, yeah, don’t leave bed.

That said, be mindful of what you really want. Yes you may want to self care for a day a two, but once staying in is more stressful than getting out, that’s when you need to force yourself out, if only to walk around the block. Think about what you want. We think humans are bastards, and acting on what we ‘want’ would lead to hedonistic destruction, but honestly, if we acted on what we really wanted (most people want to be honest, upright, productive, friendly members of a community) without taking shortcuts, we’d be in a better position.

Something to think about. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Again, I’m proud of you :heart: Every small step like this will keep you feeling a bit better about yourself as an artist :slight_smile: You’ve accomplished something, you did it and you did great :heart: Keep pushing for small things, and the big things will come once you feel motivated to do them again ^^

4 Likes

I know you wrote this a few days ago, but I only just read it now, and I just want to say that’s really good advice. Especially this:

Yes you may want to self care for a day a two, but once staying in is more stressful than getting out, that’s when you need to force yourself out, if only to walk around the block.

So thank you.

3 Likes