Buzz Fluffs (by Labcoat)

Cute!

1 Like

Out of curiosity, how good of pollinators would these things be? Would they be more like honey bees or be more closer to bumble bees in how effective and tempermental they are?

2 Likes

Fairly good but not as good as bees. There large size means they will have to collect vast amounts of pollen but due to their clumsy flight they wouldn’t be able to go very far.

In my head they are more used by home bee keepers. People wanted to try bee keeping as a hobby. If placed in natural environments they wouldn’t last long without human intervention.

As for temperament the queen and workers are fine, they like people as fluffies do. The issue is the drones and the king as they are protective but this can be avoided by just wearing a yellow shirt and gloves. Most often people would get stung because they didn’t notice the Buzzie.
Which isn’t that bad since they lack the strength to really drive the stinger in and their venom is far far weaker, causing only mild irritation.

1 Like

fluffie BEEEEZZZZ

2 Likes

I love them! Bee fluffies are one of my favourite sub-species!

1 Like

They’re lovely! I really like the progression of the larvae, the chirpie stage (buzzie?) is so freaking adorable. I’m biased since I love minibeasts, but still! Legless cuties. :3

2 Likes

Even better: if that hive isn’t willing. Weirdbox and horrorbox.

I still can’t get the popcorn analogy out of my mind for the males, though…

(post deleted by author)

the popcorn analogy ?

“Handles”
“Threats”
I’ll take it they’re not very effective at doing their job?

2 Likes

I’ll leave this one as fridge horror for when you learn why. >:)

you know I assist to fetus autopsia and all dirty morgue lab work. Horror is not the same for you for me -_-.

edit : Is it just because drone loose their “dick” stuck to the queen genitalis ? If so you are weak xD and another fun fact, the same process happen with the worker. So when you get sting by a bee who have been injected with a bee cunt :heart: (and of course, their guts are reaped out as well)

1 Like

Ya like Jazzzz?

You spoiled it! :frowning: Of course the real horror show is Dad Joke puns like ass-plosion and bea-coming.

THAT’S THE POINT !!! they don’t explode èné
I was expecting something glorious !! like parasitic mushroom or worms that burst out of the poor insect abdomen or something as badass as that ! I’m disappointed >:c

Plus half the wasps that fly around cant sting you. Male wasps don’t have stingers. They do bluff when threatened and can bite but are otherwise just skinny nerds.

3 Likes

Males have spiky penises. No venom, but they make do, brave little buggers that they are.
( Discovered by the Japanese, of all people )

I think it’s just that one species of wasps. I’ve never heard of any other male wasps being able to sting. Not even male Asian giant hornet can sting. Then again, I don’t know how much research has actually gone into wasp penises in general.

2 Likes

They tested Potter Wasps, members of the largest subfamily of wasps, & they expect the trait to recur due to evolutionary advantage.
But yes, it is a new field of study: the male wasp penis sting, or stab, was reported a mere year ago. Apparently, a researcher suffered it while handling what she thought were defenceless males, & then had the intellectual initiative to resort to mere empiricism.
They expect all kinds of wonders from such studies. For example, sphinx butterflies emit ultrasounds from their genitals, to fend off bats.