can someone bring their fluffy to work?

and if so could you even give me some scenarios?

4 Likes

I took my Fluffy with me to the restaurant, within 7.6 seconds she was deep-fried.

Tasted pretty decent all things considered

5 Likes

oh my, how did that happen?

She was a Pegasus, always climbing about where she shouldn’t

1 Like

ahhh didn’t anyone stop her?

Some workplaces allow pets. Whether it’s a small business where the owner is on the floor working along with everyone else or some “worker friendly” high level company trying to provide a competitive work environment? They’re out there.

That said, I think that fluffies would actually be more than pets-at-work but less than childcare-at-work (another perk some lucky souls actually can get). Thus expensive if it’s done right, and a disaster waiting to happen if not. Accidents, getting out into the work floor where they’ll be a distraction, eating what they’re not supposed to, getting chewed on by someone’s pet at work, kids at work playing too roughly with them, etc.

4 Likes

Yes but make sure to have a litterbox lest’ you want them making poopies in places not needing poopies

2 Likes

Yeah, if it’s a liability, it probably wouldn’t be allowed. Maybe it would be on a case-by-case basis.

But there’s also the possibility of fluffies being in the workplace as workers. There’s gotta be niches they can fill, I think stuff like that’s been done before. Like that one story about the lady getting the feral herd that trashed her garden to help her replant. Gotta find that one again, it was good stuff.

As long as the fluffies are capable of following basic instructions (I know, depends on headcanon) they can make themselves… relatively useful.

And, of course, I’ve got a ton of fluffies who are sidekicks to superheroes, but whether that counts as a job is a matter of perspective. I’ve got fluffies in the police, too. At the very least, they can comfort kids who have witnessed brutal crimes.

4 Likes

Not unless you don’t mind finding shit in weird places.

2 Likes

If there’s anything I’ve learned about fluffy fiction is that humans are as dumb as fluffies. Hell, in real life there are plenty of places here that try to skirt by with shady stuff.

3 Likes

I’ve worked retail (still do), and when people come into a retail setting, they become stupid.

Once had to close the store because the computers needed fixing…in the space of maybe two hours, 25~ people ignored he signs on the door (I kept a tally going)

3 Likes

I could definitely see a fluffy with its owner just chilling in reception, especially if it’s somewhere that people (mainly kids) might be a bit nervous, like a dentist surgery? Oh, and a school, maybe not teeny tiny kids but like primary school (middle school?) Think it would really depend on the job and the fluffy in question!

2 Likes

Lots of schools have class hamsters, so a class fluffy could be a thing. Or a micro fluffy farm.

2 Likes

Probably not since most workplaces don’t like you bringing animals around, but I can see someone trying to get permission for their “emotional support” fluffy. I can also see some hyper hugbox world where everyone brings their fluffy regardless of job like they’re pokemon or something

2 Likes

To be fair in some career fields that’s common even without fluffies

2 Likes

Considering I now work at a lab that tests on animals I imagine that it would be ripe for fluffy abuse and sadbox. Especially since fluffier are biotoys and not animals so the animal abuse protections don’t exist for them. Maybe someone loses their pet fluffy and it wanders into the animal storage and gets mistaken for an escaped subject?

1 Like

Yeeeeeeeeees. I’m already like, a quarter of the way there, at least…

1 Like

Where I work, I think it depends. Also, please forgive what seems to me to be a long post!

There’s three shifts, 6am-2pm, 2pm to 10pm, and 10pm to 6am. Most days 10-6 ks fairly slow past maybe midnight, since alcohol isn’t allowed to be sold between midnight and 7am, unless the next day is Sunday. Less people around to possibly hurt a fluffy.

Fridays and Saturdays are busy AF during the 2-10 shift (it can be very hard to get even a 60 second bathroom break uninterrupted), so too many chances for fluffy to get hurt. Depending on if it’s a major holiday (like Thanksgiving), or theres a big event finishing, it can be busy other times too.

Tuesdays (sometime in the 6-2 shift) we get out beer delivery, which involves at least two pallets (plus a few cases not on pallets) of booze, and the grocery truck delivers around 1130pm~ on Thursday, so those times are no good. If either of those days is a major holiday, it gets shifted (the delivery that was gonna happen thanksgiving happened last night (Friday night))

If they know to use the litterbox (or let me know they need to go potty outside in a specific spot), don’t touch any of the food without permission, and perhaps a few other simple rules…not sure my manager would mind- especially if they looked like Stitch (big Disney fan!)

1 Like

The worse the job, the more likely other people can do it but the protagonist, or buttmonkey, either finds themselves punished for it, their own harmed, or simply isn’t able to.

Because Fluffverse is a fucking nightmare for everyone and runs on surreal logic.

Your arch enemy in the office has theirs never shut up, everything smells like its shit, and all they do is play with it instead of work, but the second you get up to piss you come back to find your own turned inside-out with a passive aggressive sticky note on your desk asking you to get one with less garish colors complete with a smiley face in pink glitter pen on lime green paper. Then you get another, and you get death glares from Ms. “Everybody loves my little baby Fluffy” because hers is scared of it for whatever reason, so you leave it at home but by then everyone including the guy who rips the heads off the Foals of strays in the parking lot has one so now you’re “not a team player”. So you get a fake one and ignore the nonstop babbling and the acrid sour smell of piss and shit that comes from Fluffies fed primarily on cheap ramen only to come home to your own which has managed to give itself brain damage somehow, based on the circular bloodstain on the wall five feet from anything you can only guess, and each day get that much closer to rigging the break room with pipe bombs and going on a spree shooting through an office supply store while they detonate only to find out your office was bought by an equity firm that cut the staff, quadrupling your work but making the office empty enough to carve out a nice cubicle maze around your desk from which you will only answer non-email communication via riddles which the manager would do something about if you weren’t the only one making their quota and you hadn’t casually stated that you feel so much better now that the loss of company healthcare means you’re off your meds, complete with a few eye twitches. All while your mentally deficient Fluffy softly bonks its head against your stapler and gives a “yaaay” when you say “done” between assignments.

2 Likes