The woman on the floor looks up at you

Her eyes filled with terror as you open

The small wooden box

Retrieving a revolver from within

The woman begins to plead for her life

“I…I’m sorry!”

You chuckle

“Oh I know you’re sorry”

“You’re not sorry for breaking into my home.

You’re not sorry for attempting to torture my pets.

You’re not even sorry you got caught.

The only thing you’re sorry about is having to deal with the consequence.”

“Please I don’t wanna di…”

You kick her head

“I wasn’t done speaking SHIT-RAT!”

“ tell me have you ever had a dog?”

“N…no.”

You take a deep breath

“I had a dog growing up.

His name was scooter.

Every day I’d come home from school and no matter how bad my day was.

Scooter made me feel like the most important person in the world.

One day I come home and my parents tell me that someone put antifreeze in scooters water bowl.

The court ruled the incident as negligence on the part of the owner”

“ have put more safety measures in place for these fluffies than most people think is necessary or even sane!”

“I Don’t bother anyone! I go to work ,
I come home and I enjoy the company of my fluffies!”

“There’s literally thousands of feral fluffs for you to torture!”

“But NO you choose to break into MY FUCKING HOME to get your fix!”

The woman begins to beg again

You call off Queequeg your Doberman sized cannibal fluffy

And point the revolver at the woman’s chest

“P…please I want to live!”

You cock the hammer

“people in hell want ice water”

You pull the trigger

“911 what is your emergency?”

“There’s a dead intruder in my house”

6 Likes

When a good man breaks, the devil shivers.

1 Like

When a good man breaks … he unleashes hell … when thoses who try to hurt the ones he loves come … the only thing that awaits is a calm man … a gun and the devil smiling the biggest grin ever

Unfortunately for your protagonist here, even in US states with Stand Your Ground law, it’s illegal to kill or further harm an already incapacitated intruder. It’s considered excessive force.
And investigators would be able to tell he used excessive force, too, since there would be clear evidence that he shot her while she was already on the ground.

There was actually a real life case where a man tortured and killed two teenage home invaders and got charged and convicted of murder for it.

PS: Also, just seeing the phrase “doberman-sized cannibal fluffy” makes me cringe due to the edginess. That’s DeviantArt OC donut steel territory.

2 Likes

One of my earlier works, I didn’t regret writing it . I tried something and it didn’t work out the way I thought it would. Interesting thing about the legality. During my conceal carry class out instructor was a police officer. He basically told us so long as the intruder dies within the house and there are clear signs of breaking and entering, the police won’t even bother investigating because it’s less paperwork in most cases.(again his words not mine)He did clarify that it depends on state but the general rule is they don’t even bother if it’s a red state or district. This story takes place in Texas so it more than likely they won’t even investigate. Again this is what I was told by an instructor so take that however you choose

Well it doesn’t surprise me that Texas would have police corruption.