CD Hugbox week day 3: Rainy day fun (Carniviousduck)

45 Likes

I mean it says hugbox, fun, happy, safe but the face looks absolutely terrified.
“fwuffy hab fun, sea? pweez nu moar hurtie fwuffy.”
I love it!

6 Likes

Them are the best open mouth smiles your gonna get from me, maybe hugbox week was a mistake…

11 Likes

no i am really enjoying it so far. keep it up man

6 Likes

Speaking as a hugboxer, I appreciate seeing this side of your work, CD. I look forward to the rest of the week, and also hope you’ll consider doing hugbox beyond just this week.

7 Likes

Anomaly: splashing in muddy puddles in the rain is fun as hell, but goes against “water is bad, clean is good” programming directives.

Resolution: Fluffies that play in muddy puddles have disregarded their programming. Reduced chance of Smarty Syndrome, rejection of earthtones and Alicorns, reduced linguistic skills, loyalty to humans, increased self-defense behaviors.

Conclusion: Valuable psychological test.

2 Likes

CD drawing hugbox?

Is… Is that legal?

8 Likes

It’s legal.

Summary

Any further questions is a trip to the isocubes.

7 Likes

Splishy splashy!

3 Likes

Kind of hard to view your fluffies in a hugbox-y way because they look like they are in constant pain. Not complaining, of course!

3 Likes

“The world is poopies! Must I really eat it all?!”

3 Likes

If you want, you could try to make the mouth less angular and perhaps the eyebrows could move closer towards the centre of the face. It might make the exoerssion look less forced.

2 Likes

He will get more laughter when the humidity rots his already weak hooves :rofl:

1 Like

CD, no offense, but your art style really doesn’t translate to “happy” well. You excel at making fluffies look sad or in agony, such as how this one looks presently.

1 Like

I imagine CD’s world for fluffies being one where joy is but a fever dream, and whatever scraps of contentment they can get are cherished for they know it will all end in poopies.

4 Likes

The artist provides one camera at a time into their world.

Rare in the Fluffy community does an artist designate their world as only being one of the -boxes. Rather, with some exceptions of course, they’re showing you what in their world most interests them.

Writers on the other hand? Its either how you start, or almost always the stinger otherwise.

I kinda picture CD’s world as one where ferals are rare, and they are showing us the most interesting cases of Abuse at the moment.

Maybe this Hugbox is setup for Abuse? Random image as the camera pans between cases? Maybe just CD’s inner cameraman got bored and something about this individual caught passing interest.

1 Like

a muddy baby!!!

1 Like

@Catharsis @eirinym

I dislike this approach, because its like insinuating that hugbox is purely based on aesthetics and not what matters on the inside. Its true that CD is known for abuse but, if CD wants to draw a hugbox image within his own unique take on fluffie,s then I think it should be appreciated for what it is. Beauty is only skindeep, and the same applies to hugbox.

I remeber one person mentioned to me that Wolfram planned to do hugbox over time, but abuse kept being demanded of him, especially as he was known for it. I don’t know how much that is true, but my point is that, if a person willing to try hugbox, even if its against the grain, I’d rather laud them for the effort, especially if its genuine hugbox.

I dislike this idea of “hugbox now, abuse latyer” or, “something exists purely to set up for abuse later”. because it feeds to narrative that “fluffies only exist for abuse”, or “our fiction is a niche community because we’re edgelords who enjoy a form of suffering”.

Its why I emphasize on enjoying hugbox as it is, without strings attached. Including clauses, or wanting abuse followups is what leads people to assume the worse of our fiction. And I like to believe we can do better then that.

3 Likes

It’s not really an approach. I just am noting a lot of the art having a particular flavour. It’s no different than looking at the style of Rembrandt vs Monet.

And when you look at them, they have a feel to them.

1 Like

I know what you’re getting at, but I also know that CD has done a few hugbox images with “no strings attached”. And I’d like it that way.

I guess what I’m saying is that I don’t like stereotypes and typecasting. Saying a person “has an abuse flavour” is no different from saying “a person only has a hugbox flavour”. Like, I am a hugboxer, but I’m not averse to writing about and exploring industrial abuse topics, especially if there’s a point I want to make.