Chance of mutation too high (Artist: Carpdime) (fb id: 26989)

47 Likes

Depiction of an experiment where foals are provided a chemical to induce alicorn traits. Maybe there’s another reason why fluffies are so afraid of alicorns.

This post is pending further information, whether it is from a retrievable archive or from the artist himself.

7 Likes

Can I just say I am absolutely loving the included history with most of these? it’s a glimpse into a past I didn’t get to see develop over time.
Thank you for your work.

6 Likes

Part of the reason why I’ve been taking my time with uploading Carpdime’s work, as well as any work in general, its because I like to put in the research. There is fluffy work that, yes, was done as “stress relief”, but there was also a lot of worldbuilding and idea exploration that was done by some artists back in the day, whether it was hugboxers or neutralboxers. I tend to be a bit annoyed with the way some uploads are handled by other people, as well as some of the comments are made particuarly on certain pictures that I feel have a nuance to it. Granted, its not all fluffy work, but there’s a good chunk of fluffy work that I feel needs more thinking involved to appreciate it.

4 Likes

This was an attempt at a fluffy origin headcanon. I actually have a bit of feeling for this particular piece revisiting it after such a long time. It feels right at home in the McBrega universe as a side story.

Of course the prevailing canon at the time was that alicorns were the rarest and most desirable fluffy type out in the market. There was a somewhat related piece where a perfect, designer alicorn foal is delivered to a new owner.

4 Likes

To be fair you need a certain IQ level to properly enjoy some fluffy pieces.

1 Like

Those two deformed foals are perfect examples of what would always be considered “munstah babbehs” in my headcanon, CAD or not.

1 Like