Chaos Effect (By: CryptidRancher)

The sterile environment didn’t do anything to quell the tense air as the doctor and the elderly gentleman stood a good feet apart. The quiet whirring of robotic arms and occasional notification being the only thing audible within the compound.

“We both know that you can’t deny what I just saw. My sight hasn’t gone that bad.”

The doctor appeared calm and stoic, whether he really felt like that cannot be determined. But considering the work and reputation of the geneticist, it might as well be.

“Yes, what you saw was real. There were unforeseen… Side effects.”

The elderly man just shook his head, disappointment clear in his face. Using his cane he hobbled over to the filing cabinet next to the computer monitor, opening a folder and grabbing a spreadsheet labeled ‘Species Logs’.

Walking back to the doctor, the man reached over to a glass of water taking a small sip before putting it back onto the table before dumping the spreadsheet next to it. A second glass full and untouched before rippling subtlety.

“When we first began, you and I, along with everyone else on this island knew that none of this was going to be easy.”

The doctor remained silent.

“So I funded everything myself, be very hands on to ensure the success of my dream. To bring these magnificent creatures to life once again.”

The old man paused to lean against the wall of the compound before observing the mosquito trapped in amber on his cane.

“What happened to the frog DNA Doctor Wu?” John Hammond asked calmly.

Dr. Wu responded with barely any pause. “Amphibian DNA was spliced into a majority of the parks incomplete genome. And while it stabilized most of the first generation it wasn’t enough for others. Stillbirths and deformities we’re being seen in about 60% of all successful fertilization. We needed to get… Creative.”

Mr. Hammond took another shaky sip, another ripple going through Dr. Wu’s full glass.

“When I dreamed of this park I didn’t see a neon pink T-Rex with the naivety of a three year old.”

The compound remained silent for a tense second before an audible thumping shook the foundation before fading away.

“Why wasn’t it terminated Henry?”

Dr. Wu finally decided to drink his cup of water. After a brief pause to let the cool water refresh him from the Costa Rican heat, Wu gave his answer.

“She was an interesting case study. I merely wished to study the effects of her unique genetic makeup before her termination or before reaching adulthood. Didn’t mean we were ditching the amphibian method. Rather using a hodgepodge of a genetic chimera to isolate and confirm the correct gaps of material needed to bring them back successfully. Much faster than working from the ground up and throwing darts into the wall.”

John Hammond walked to the elevator inside the compound, his hand clenching his cane being the only visual indicator to his thoughts on the matter. Wu followed him right as he pressed to button for the observatory.

Once up in the designated floor, Mr. Hammond walked towards the window overlooking the jungles of Isla Nublar. Barely visible in the distance is the electrified fence designating this area as an enclosure.

Then came the thumping of heavy footsteps.

The trees shook from the weight of this creature as birds flew away from the canopy. Foliage swayed back and forth as it was parted forcefully.

A pink fluffy head poked out, easily dwarfing an adult man. Taking another step into the visible viewing area reveals it’s massive body with giant elephant like hind legs supporting it’s massive weight on three toed stubby feet, all while balanced with a thick meaty tail. It’s front limbs are tiny vestigial arms which it moves around often, the ends of which still retain their soft hoof pads. A small row of scaly bumps run down from it’s head to the tip of it’s tail, matching a caricature from a children’s book.

The creature reared its head back before unleashing a deep primal “REEEEEEEEEE!!!” Revealing sharp conical teeth one would find in dolphins or killer whales. Its roar pierced the Nublar jungle and let the other residents know of its existence.

Fluffasaurus Rex basked in complete confidence of it’s might.

Until someone answered back.

An even mightier roar echoed from a different part of the park. This one coming from the real deal herself. The queen thinks little of usurpers.

“EEEEEK!!! Nu Wike Scawy Noisy! Nu Huwt Fwuffy!”

F-Rex hunched down in a complete show of submission while dropping a literal ton of excrement onto the jungle floor. It’s tail now between its legs and it’s fur now stained with feces it makes a break to the treeline. All it’s grace and might gone as it shuffled ran in a pitiful display of natural mobility.

“Twee fwiend! Fwuffy nee Huggies!” Cried the genetic amalgamation as it tried and failed to hug one of the palm trees with it’s miniature hands. Merely flailing them into the open air.

John Hammond merely sighed at the scene as Dr. Wu looked sheepish.

Sometimes it hurts to spare no expense.

11 Likes

I can’t stop laugh at the image this conjured up

1 Like

Just to make the mental image funnier, I imagined F-Rex’s roar being a direct copy of Pepe the frog’s REEE but bass boosted

2 Likes

:astonished: :man_facepalming: :rofl::rofl::rofl: pink fluff dino :rofl::rofl::rofl: