Chicken Fluffies part 3 (By: WhatAmIDoing)

It was a beautiful Sunday morning. I looked out the window with a hot cup of coffee in my hands while Luna ate her breakfast. I had nothing to do today so planned on taking Luna out on a walk but then I heard commotion from the coop.

“Babbehs hatchin! Babbehs!” Sugar yells. I put my cup of coffee down and quickly go to the coop. The chicken fluffies had never seen a foal before so I was a bit worried about what could happen. They all just stood around the coop though, well all but Sugar as she was in her nest watching closely as the four eggs hatched.

This wasn’t like normal chicken eggs where they would simply make a small hole in the shell first and then break out later. These just simply broke themselves all the way out and instantly started to chirp and peep. I sighed. They were just four yellow little foals and Sugar was overjoyed as she began to feed her babies and sing the song all fluffie mothers seemed to know.

“Mummah wuvs babbehs! Babbehs wuv mummah!” She said happily as she cooed. The two that were waiting to be fed were held by Sugar. I sighed. “Now Sugar you need to take care of all your babies and remember they are all good.” I say. She hadn’t seemed to reject any of them yet but a part of me was worried that would change.

Sugar nods. “Mummah wuvs aallll babbehs! All mummahs babbehs are gud babbehs!” She assured me as she continued to coo and feed the foals. I nod as she seemed to be a good mom for now.

I looked at the other fluffys who were still staring at the little foals. “Now everyone listen. Babies are very delicate and need a lot of care. They aren’t toys and so you have to let Sugar take care of them. When they are bigger you can play with them.” I assure them and they simply give a nod as they continue to watch. I sigh and shrug.

While I’m there I decide to give them their kibble and to my surprise they actually take turns to make sure someone is always watching the foals and that everyone eats. Mango of course realizes that the little foals are his too so is the most helpful and extra careful with the foals and I thought it was kind of cute but wondered how they would react to the foals getting older and having to go away.

Alright so this is a shorter chapter but I had said I’d do one about Sugar babies hatching. Now it is time to vote again on what story you want next

• When she first got Luna
  • How she got her boyfriend
  • What she does for a living
  • Other. (Comment what you want me to do)

0 voters

2 Likes

The description of the foals all being the same color raises an interesting possibility.

Imagine if all foals came out with the same color birth fuzz, then changed their fur colors to their adult colors when their names came in.