Chirpy Bebbeh: Coconut (Chikahiro) + Trying Moesius' technique.

Trying to draw a chirpy babbeh. Pencil original, took a picture, inked and colored in Affinity Designer. Based the colors off of my ragdoll, Coconut (he’s a heckin’ chonker).

edit: reuploaded without the scan in the background. Whoops! It was dulling it quite a bit.

I found an art process from @Moesius that seems to work for me right now. I’ll definitely try more later, but this one works nicely I think. You can find it here: https://fluffy-community.com/t/art-process-moesius/11097

30 Likes

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH ! I didn’t expect that people actually use this art process, I’m gonna make more of this, with different posture ! *^ *

Cute coconut btw :3

7 Likes

The potato methods of visualizing helped out. I used it for the drawing of Coconut, and while not fluffy (yet) it helped me better assemble the guiding shapes. Thank you for making such a detailed process for us to follow!

3 Likes

I did cheat on the hand: traced around my own. It’s a little weird but it works :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It works actually ! even if there are few details wierd, it has the good proportions and everything (it’s hand which looks like a hand and with a logical position)

3 Likes

Painting wargaming miniatures taught me that cheating isn’t necessarily bad (ie, all my little time saving tricks), that good enough is good enough, and some details don’t actually matter once you take viewing distance into account. Working in newspapers for 14 years and now printing for 6 has taught me that deadlines are good, and regularly finishing projects is good practice even if you’re personally not impressed with the end product :slight_smile:

Wish I knew this all in high school. I might’ve kept up with my art this whole time :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Awe its cute and love your kitty :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Forgot how cute Coconut was :white_heart::brown_heart:

Thats a fucking gorgeous cat.
My cat died nearly 3 years ago from liver cancer, I really need to get myself a new cat.
Losing them is bad but not having a cat is worse.

This chirpy baby also for some reason doesnt make me want to go all aggro, probably because it looks more like a mini pony.

2 Likes

He’s a nice honkin’ chonker. Getting old, maybe around 15 years old.

Here is hoping for as many more years as possible.

1 Like