Clark, the Supah Fwuff, mourns his mother (Artist: Carpdime, Author: Oculus)

PicsArt_05-04-01.17.11
PicsArt_05-04-09.17.08
PicsArt_05-05-10.46.47

27 Likes

Scene from Aww Staw Supah Fwuff Part 3. Even with his mighty power, Supah Fwuff can’t prevent all things.

Spoilers below:

Summary

Supah Fwuff’s mother dies of diseases resulting from old age, something that Supah Fwuff himself can’t prevent. This scene is adapted from the final image of Chapter 6 of “All-Star Superman”, from which this chapter is based off.

3 Likes

Each different version is a different image size because my photo editing program is ass :smiley:

2 Likes

This is a great illustration, the scenery really helps in setting the tone, and the art is wonderful

2 Likes

I wonder what The Endless would think of Fluffies.

Despair and Delirium probably love them.

1 Like

Note to self: I still need to read Gaiman’s Sandman. That said, adapting Superman mythos to fluffies is already complex enough as it is that I can’t imagine adding in other aspects of the larger DC universe to the world of Supah Fwuff xD

Gaiman’s mythos is its own thing, but its built on the idea that all stories matter and also nothing really matters or is real.

Most of the best Sandman stories are self-contained. The ongoing narrative is mostly just about Dream and Death, floating through those stories.

He liked referencing DC, since DC was publishing it (albeit under Vertigo), and regular DC comics in turn reference Sandman, but in the Sandman universe all stories are true because being written and/or believed makes them real, or as real as anything is in a dreamscape that mortals think is a multiverse.
Shakespeare after his lifetime watches his stories become more real than he was, a spirit offers Dream a snowglobe with a superhero universe in it as trade for ownership of hell when Lucifer quits being the devil and decides to just live a peaceful life on Earth. Despair convinced Rao to destroy Krypton thinking the last son would be her champion, only for him to become the symbol of hope instead.

Part 3 was very moving and brought me to the brink of tears. The source material for this piece was equally moving and evocative.

1 Like