Cleveland: After The Fall - Story by:fluffydirectordan Art by:gr1m_1

Base on the pages was the incident a massive flood that cause the death of people and fluffies?

i think marak can’t participate right now. he is planning an abduction

1 Like

The story was a massive collaboration of short stories culminating in one large narrative.

It takes place very early in the existence of Fluffies. Depending on your narrative, this may have been decades or even centuries ago.

A FluffTV show that launched with its premier was “Uni the Unicorn”, basically a Sid and Marty Krofft show with a woman in a Fluffy suit leading Fluffy actors as their happy “Smarty” on adventures. The show was a massive hit, and a theme park for Fluffy pets and their owners called “Spaghetti Land” licensed her image for advertising.

During construction a Fluffy was lit on fire by a worker, screamed a prophesy/curse of doom to him, and died.

Ferals worldwide converged on the park. Nobody even knew that many had managed to survive, and they weren’t yet anything but a children’s pet/toy as far as the public knew. Fluffies came to believe it was an Eden, like Elves returning to Arda.

The whole thing was a bigger conspiracy. The owner of Hasbio just wanted it as an event to launch the finished version of what Fluffies were a prototype of. Fuzzy Ponies. They were stronger, smarter, and basically MLP Pony in appearance plus they had computer chips in their brain that were remotely controlled rather than Fluffy programming which is totally organic. He also rigged the fireworks to go haywire, and cause fatalities for insurance on the park itself, making it a free advertising.

Since it was not meant to last it was a disaster from the start. Pet Fluffies died nonstop, and everything broke down. On day three the ferals begin arriving. The weak entered Wan Die Loops from their Eden being so disappointing, the strong became a rampaging horde of Hellgremlins. The park becomes basically a Fluffy nation which expands into the city. The president orders an evacuation and national guard forces to cleanse it.

An Abuser who had been “playing” with a Fuzzy he stole finds the chip, taps into their system, and turns the Fuzzies into basically Terminators who attack the Fluffies and military. The Fuzzies lose by attrition and the military pulls out in order to turn Cleveland into a giant exclusion zone. The Fluffies enter into a giant Enf orgy, the static electricity from their fluff ignites the massive amount of gasses from the dead bodies and feces, which combined with fireworks and everything flammable in the city blows up Cleveland like a nuke went off.

Fluffy population is reduced to less than 10%. Survivors scatter back throughout the US and the only remaining herds continue into Canada.

Any Fluffy work where they are ever-present vermin takes place long after Cleveland. Many stories reference Skettieland as still an upcoming attraction, or a chain that did for real what Spaghetti Land claimed to be. An actual Fluffy afterlife may exist, maybe because of Cleveland, which is what they hoped it would be.

The original owner of Hasbio is caught by his Russian business partners. The boss lets his own Fluffy kill him. Hasbio is now owned by a shadowy board rather than just one man.

Human governments learn no lessons from Cleveland. Abusers just cite it as justification, Hugboxers become more responsible with humane population control. Hasbio either institutes minor token efforts like programs on FluffTV that discourage becoming a feral or breeding, or in some continuities becomes more powerful than the government and can send hit squads to violate Constitutional rights to eliminate Fluffies and send you the bill or they can make the situation worse with impunity by simply unleashing whatever they want from their labs and sell the solution because nobody will hold them accountable for anything.

Fuzzies may still exist, or some had Enfies with Fluffies and their mates escaped before the chip in the first generation made them go berserk.

Cleveland is not rebuilt so much as parts are reclaimed. Its a Fallout-esque wasteland. People who can leave do, Fluffies eventually become the main occupants.

12 Likes

Wow thats one hell of a story, to think due to greed and a mental psycho causes the massive chaos it created. Damnnn.

1 Like

The story seems to be the moment Fluffies went from a category of strange MLP shit to a fandom itself.

Even in Hugbox stories its kind of integral. The tone of the story segments are all over the place, for example the US president is “Vermin Supreme” and the owner of Hasbio is literally just Rupert Murdoch spelled differently. The Fuzzies inflict massive casualties on the US armed forces, making Cleveland kind of a combination of the Emu War and Chernobyl.

But the tonal dissonance works with how the community works via headcanon and hivecanon. You can omit what doesn’t work in your universe. It also sets a point of change if your universe needs a cause for some drastic social or ecological crisis. Fluff Control can ignore your rights because Cleveland, modern domestic Fluffies are vastly different from early domestic or ferals because Cleveland, supernatural events stem from the psychic ripple from Cleveland, feral populations are so low that control efforts are no longer necessary and merciful population control via adoption and sterilization is manageable because Cleveland, COVID started in a Fluffy that Enfie’d a dead human in Cleveland, a sign that there is 0 accountability in corporations so now human clones and “trained” humans can be purchased and treated like Fluffies because Cleveland. Anthros exist because Cleveland, some Fluffies can actually successfully survive in nature because Cleveland, typical Abuser origin story is /Cleveland.

6 Likes

WHAT!!?!!! And I wasn’t invited!?! I just got some sharp new blades and a bat to use!

1 Like

Come on. You know who he is going to kidnap

2 Likes

Not half the time!

1 Like

Damn that’s an excellent summary thanks for that! Nice!!

1 Like

This is REALLY good. Looking forward to more.

1 Like

Btw? When does Fall of Cleveland take place?

Unless you read and look at everything to make a definitive timeline; it was usually left vague for story writing and collaboration purposes!? It can be whenever you like from 2010 to 2105 all the way to the 41st millennium :rofl:

If it wasn’t for the different last names i’d have assumed that Emily Northtrup was related to Melissa from Gr1m’s other stories explaining the family’s hate for the things

1 Like

It wasn’t the exact reason, but the conclusion of the Fall of Cleveland did mark the transition of the fluffy fandom from strange MLP shit to a unique fandom. The real reason was the Scruffening. Fluffy content was being deleted and banned from 4chan’s /mlp/, derpibooru and a few places for being “not MLP related”. (interestingly enough derpibooru allowed fluffy pony content eventually)

Fluffybooru wasn’t originally meant to stay around. It was a temporary thing, much like the Redditheimer subcommunity. But when the Scruffening happened, there was a discussion on the Fall of Cleveland forums about where the content will go. In a way, the fallout of the Scruffening, and the negative perception of the medium on 4chan and elsewhere is why the fluffy content was mostly kept to Fluffybooru, save for the times it was exposed to other areas (Coalheart had fluffies on tumblr)

I would say more “was”. Part of the problem with the Fall of Cleveland was that, because it was so early in the fandom, and it was so big, it became evident that not many people read it or were even aware of it. You can see it in how many people referenced Cleveland in their fiction/art as time went on. The earlier fluffy artists were willing to use it like GRANPA156 and Shadysmarty. But as time went on, newer people like FierceDeityLynx and Carpdime did not mention Fall of Cleveland, and actually had different origin or timeline related to fluffies.

I actually spoke to LordAnubis about FotC, and he himself pointed out what you did, and how Cleveland was supposed to work as a “point of change”. The problem is, such an idea assumed that the point of change was “Cleveland” when it could be anything. Hell, one could even create a purely hugbox universe where FotC never happened - I’ve seen a few of that. And I think some abuser headcanons are harsh on fluffies even without Cleveland happening.

I may seem critical of FotC, but the truth is that I think people put it on too lofty a pedestal (which, granted is apt, since it remains to be the biggest fluffy collaboration), or they try to hard to “repeat it”, “continue it” or what have you. I do think FotC needs to be remembered and archived, given how integral it was in the development of the fandom. But in another sense, its “one” story. I’ve become attached to how some people told their fluffy stories with FotC, and I myself have worked with canons that do not mention the Cleveland event.

3 Likes

anything by the legendary gr1m_1 is automatically a true sadistic masterpiece

1 Like

At this point then my character questen is off the grid with his adopted feral fluffys in a bunker somwhere (in nevada)