Conclusion Kevin vs Ultimate Power v2 (Fluffus)

57 Likes

kevin will not be the same by the end of it

12 Likes

The face of a winner right there!

By which I mean the face of a fluffy speedrunning trauma. There are no winners in this fight, only a survivor.

Love this composition! Fast-paced and dramatic all at once, and I like how you can’t really tell how dead(?) UP is until Kevin gets that closer look at him.

14 Likes

bonus points for contrast between edd’s style on the blueprints and the reality of fluffus

8 Likes

Thank you @SqueakyFriend and @Eded_ted for letting me play with your toys. I did break them a little, but I’m sure most of it will buff right out.

6 Likes

Heh, thank you for noticing. That juxtaposition was the major stroke of inspiration I had for this strip.

Well, that an superimposing Squeaky over Kevin, since she drew him.

Also had fun showing that the fire retardant suit the pilot fluffy is in made it through unscathed. Sadly it was open faced, and a fluffy face is not anything retardant.

5 Likes

:sob: now kevin knows his father died for him.

3 Likes

He wins, but still loses XD

2 Likes

Alright I’m not trying to be a dick with this but I’m just gonna say it.
Stop having voting on Kevin matches because he’s gonna win this tournament all the way to the end he’s simply too popular to the point that it’s not even competitive for the other characters. You know it, I know it so let’s just rip the veil off and just make this Battlefluffs about how he somehow won it all it’s more or less halfway there unofficially

2 Likes

There’s only one match left, and it is against the other fan favorite (Bubbles), so honestly he might actually lose that one! I’m pretty sure it’ll be a close call for whoever wins, so ceasing votes here would be the worst of both worlds.

Don’t worry though, I don’t think you could pay Kevin to join another Battlefluffs after this, so the next match is his finale one way or another.

3 Likes

I see it differently. Of course there will be a fan favorite. Of course the game mechanic of this community game/event is to charm people into voting for your fluffy. And people try every seductive trick: visual exuberance, sob stories, subverted expectations, putting huge amounts of work in, reference humor, abuse, body horror, you name it.

And at any given point the community will be more open to some of these approaches than others. You place your bets and you take your chances.

Out the gate it is no longer about winning, it’s about animating the community, having fun, and telling stories. It’s the journey, not the destination.

Heck, I put one hoofsie fwuff in there in case the community was taking a more grounded approach to who would actually win. I figured there was no realistic way of beating UPv2 without a brokenly OP character. At the same time I knew that if the community wanted cute, or weird, or body horror, OHF would not do well. : )

6 Likes

Bro that’s the entire point of this event.

You can run battle scenarios all day but at the end of the day people aren’t tracking stats to determine the outcome.

6 Likes

I was going to tell a joke about this, but this battle is too good for that.

4 Likes

Aww <3

I like you, too!

2 Likes

So the escape mechanism part of the device was defective, fancy that.
Only there as a side result of the inventors exuberance, most likely.
Perhaps Dave will volunteer as new pilot - victim?

1 Like

KEVIN KEVIN KEVIN KEVIN KEVIN

Well said.