Coping via Fluffies (federalchemical1728)

i am well on my way in my quest to look as much like Shaggy as possible.

life update if ur interested (it's a sad one)

Our ancient cat finally passed, and the following day we got a call that another family friend died as well. Since then, my mom has been an absolute MONSTER. Yelling, screaming, cursing, attacking, accusing, gaslighting, you name it. The only moments I get to myself are when I’m doing her chores, or the whole house is asleep.

I pulled all of the grass out of the parkway AND the front yard BY HAND, and re-potted like 30% of the dying succulents roasting out there in the SoCal Sunshine. I went through and tossed all of the cracked plastic pots & stacked up the ones that were salvageable. My pasty ass better thank god for sunscreen & aloe vera.

Our kitten Josie followed me around the WHOLE time. If i’m not in my room, she follows me EVERYWHERE i go. i have to lock her in the house when i go to the grocery store so she doesn’t follow me down the street. i wanna get her a cat backpack so i can take her places with me & eventually i’d like to harness train her, but first things first.

I dug Smokey Joe’s grave & buried him myself. I started a hole under a bush, but switched to a spot that would be in the sun. I think he would’ve preferred to be in the sunshine. Our kitten was there with me the whole time, she even tried to dig the hole i started under the bushes. She didn’t poop in it, she just kept digging in it and then laying in it. It’s like she was trying to help.

Also my mom apparently doesn’t believe that my 23yr old body gets sore and needs rest. How inconvenient for her that physical flesh prisons have limitations. Place your bets on the kind of batshit bullshit she pulls next, we’re all waiting with baited breath.

on a lighter note, if anyone here knows GameMaker2 get @ me bc I’m used to using Scratch so this shit don’t make no goddamn sense to me

34 Likes

You have my condolences.

My best friend on this Earth was a calico. She would lie next to me, in my lap, groom my hair and make biscuits on my chest. I had to give her to a family friend because my family was allergic to her. It broke my heart seeing her so angry and sad.

That was easily ten years ago. She’s probably definitely long gone. It still haunts me that we had to part like that, and I think of her nearly daily.

But we persevere.

I don’t know anything about Game Maker. I messed around with it long ago when I was a kid.

7 Likes

Im Sorry for that. Good luck further down the road.

1 Like

God love you for trying. You are probably better off with your cat helper for digging, though–hooves would be good for packing dirt down in a planting bed.

1 Like

We don’t really talk but you have my condolences for your losses, having a shitty mom sucks in general so having to mourn around her must be a nightmare, and losing a cat is very hard they’ve always felt more like my children than anything else so I can only imagine what you’re going through. Josie sounds like an excellent companion trying to help in her own ways, getting her harness trained sounds like a good idea, we tried that with our cats but none warmed up to it even though one still liked to go on walks with us. All in all I hope life treats you better <3

(ps I’ve always loved how you draw yourself and the shaggy comparison is dead on you are his reincarnation)

3 Likes

I wish I could give you a hug and make the hurt go away. No one deserves to have a bad parent on top of all the loss you have to go through.

Josie is such a sweetheart.
I think leash training is a good idea.

Our tomcat Cruz liked to wander around outside with one and would purr the whole time. As he is an older gentleman now, he stays indoors but is still happy and lazy.

I’d start with putting a harness on her and let her wander around at home off-leash to get used to the feeling and giving her lots of pets and love.

Wish you the best and hope life gets the memo that it should treat you better.

2 Likes

My condolences my friend i do know a tiny bit about gamemaker and could point you to a nice shootergame tutorial/s which helped me get a basic understanding of it just let me knlw and I’ll happily provide it (gamemaker is 10x better than scratch even tho I remember the days of using the heck out of it)

1 Like

gosh i hope your ok, grief can hurt, though it will pass. I worry for the way your mother treats you, its not right in any way. I wish i could give you many hugs. If you need someone to talk to im here, my friend.

1 Like

Man, really sorry for your losses. That’s awful.
You’re doing a great job for your circumstances, I know what it’s like. Truly. I hope you’re able to get away from her and get somewhere better soon. Rest whenever you can, we’re all rooting for you! :heart:

1 Like

i’m sorry for your losses. cats, especially ones we grow up with, can be the absolute sweetest of friends and closest of companions. i’m glad smokey joe has a good place to rest, and that josie’s growing up well. the art is bittersweet and lovely.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your situation. I hope you can get out on your own and not have to deal with her in that way anymore.

1 Like