Could fluffies, be made into the real world we live in? (Like not in an alternate timeline)

Fluffies basically are a very complex thing. So much we created a concept on them: biotoy. When I first met fluffies I thought they are biorobots, basically living-toys you can buy in a toy-store anywhere. But as it turned it is more complex. They are treated as a brand-new creature or life form instead which is as a concept much different.

I think something that has DNA is not “robot”, nor biorobot, but simple “creature”. It can be more or less dna-manipulated, but you don’t call corn biorobot, just because it’s GMO. Or your dog, we created from wolf within 10.000 years.
It is funny because “pony” basically already a gen-modified horse.

The most common concept is fluffy a mix-match creature we lego-ed together from untold number of animals.

There are some “magic” stuff in fluffy-verse, too, such as skettie-mania. DNA does not direct your thoughts, directly, just in a way like, you make more from a type of hormone or something, that makes you more aggressive, for specific part of your brain can be bigger so you’ll be more talented in stuff.
So brand-new animal or not they still kinda robotic, in an aspect.
Well, in case of a biorobot, you can “build” one, with a premade brain that contains specific informations, but you will not pass it to your off-springs. Even though there are studies, genetic knowlaged can be passed down. But then again there is a debate it is because your gen or because you see this behaviour in your environment.

If we actually want to create fluffies, that would be hard because we should be demi-gods at least, to understand such simple things like billion-years of evolution of life, otherwise we just play russet-roulett with our products.
Screwing up corn and tomato is a completely different story then “let’s create a brand new animal from scratch.”
I think a “biorobot” would be better bet, as it basically can be built very simple cells, which can not reproduce itself, They are built literally like lego out of protein in a lab, different type of constructs: bone, muscle etc.
It would be a much-much more primitive fluffy, but still cute, funny, and a product you should buy regularly, because it might not too lasting construct… well, fluffy-fluffies are not, either.

You asked, how would we treat them. I think, that abuse fest we see in fluffy-verse, would not occur. We are actually much more sensible for animal pain these days then the other people. I don’t think they would allow them to sell at all. If they are actually sensible. So some people would flex with them “yes, we are a homo-deus, we created life, fuck yeah.” then have a nice day.
But if an unexpected thing happen, like PETA relies them, and they became part of ecosystem then there is two way.
If it turns out they are plague/pest like in some story, then no-more mr. nice guy, those who create them first would try get them together, but if they fail like in fluffy story, only way is extermination, or at least keep down there number, or else, there are serious problems.
If they cause no harm, well, depends on sheer luck, the creators still can collect them, even out of the world, as I have no day-dreams, we saw anima species disappear before and will see much more, so we got used to if they would disappear one day.
Or they give a them on it, just slap their own back seeing they created a creature that can live in the world without any problem, seeing their own success.
But if my idea works, as it’s nothing more then protein-robot you buy in grocery and Toy r Us, they will expect you to come and buy a new one.
As it is a great way, to prevent your emotional connection to it, namely short lifespan, but enough to like it, so you will buy a new one. Plus, if it cannot reproduce by itself, you can play peta and activist, it has no point, if we not produce them, they stop existing.

1 Like

Biological fluffies are lightyears ahead of anything we have the technology for, but I believe robot fluffies could be done already with enough money. We have the image recognition, speech recognition, soft robot dynamics and chatbot ai’s, so all it would take is combining them into one product.

It would be slower and dumber than acceptable for most any other robots, but for a fluffy, those are their defining characteristics already!

You could try to make a prototype, perhaps as a homunculus with sperm from horses or sheep and an egg, although it can come out with deformities, perhaps it cannot reproduce either.

1 Like