"Crippled" by wolfram_sparks (FB ID: 31588)

That thing is less a misprint and more akin to this

3 Likes

The people Iā€™ve seen do it for youtube bucks, or just for fun as a hobby.

Not really the side hustle kind. More like the ā€œI do this shit at the pro level for a living, this basic tier is how I relax/flex on othersā€.

The guy I have seen who does electronics repairs does it the way Anne Reardon does debunking videos. To shame fakers, and teach how not to fall for bullshit. The Warhammer guy does it to teach people how to paint better and to honor the old hand sculpts. The guy who refurbs old toys seems to do it for resale.

Iā€™ll try and find those videos.

1 Like

PC modding guy.

Fluffy equivalent would probably be someone doing genetic testing to reveal lineages, determining if its Hasbio ancestry vs the other companies, figuring out if its an Alicorn or surgically altered, figuring out if its coat is from breeding or genetic manipulation, yadda yadda stuff people have written con artists doing in other stories.

Toy restoration guy.

This dude would probably get Fluffies who are perfect aside from one problem. Cripples, Derps, inbreds, Smarties, unwanted colors, and get them to a desired or at least baseline quality of life to sell them. Not to high end collectors though since that would be Unopened In Box type stuff, heā€™s not trying to hide that he is refurbing so it would probably be rehabilitated ones of valuable lineages sold cheaper than a ā€œperfectā€ one.

Warhammer Rescue guy.

This dude would probably be the Hugboxer setting up elaborate shit for rescues just for the love of the craft. Get a worthless one and give them quality of life just because they can.

2 Likes

Thats more like the dude putting horns on Pegasi to make fake Alicorns, or the ones engineered to have a fancy coat without breeding for it. Conmen.

1 Like

Wolfram_sparks was just too good.

1 Like

See, I think the yellow oneā€™s more likely to behave, out of gratitude for being adopted. The green one would probably go over to the smarty side in a week.

And in my headcanon, regeneration technology is a thing, so the legs thing wouldnā€™t be a problem for very long.

I love his fluffies, theyā€™re just so pitiable.

Honest question: what would even be the point of not pillowing a crippled fluffyā€™s legs? It would be easy and safe to do, and would probably help the fluffy. The drag of his back legs whenever he walks would add more weight for him, forcing the fluffy to push his front legs harder. Cutting off the crippled legs would be humane for it

1 Like

i think the only point of not pillowing would be for abuse reasons i guess

1 Like

Possibly psychological. Dummeh legs might be better mentally than no legs.

Likewise, if you canā€™t do it right it might be better to not do it. Kind of depends on how ā€œrealisticā€ you want to be. Infection, trauma, etc. Or that might be why you do it yourself! I seem to recall that a lot of folks prefer fluffies to have trouble with anestheticsā€¦

Sometimes I wonder if the store owners in these comics just love the tears from crippled ones, so they keep them alive and on display.

Not that Iā€™m complaining mind you, Iā€™ll take some of those tears for a cup or two.

1 Like

Might be they keep it around to move product, like have an annoying whiner and one next to it that suddenly looks even more attractive to a customer

To be fair, it would be really hard to take of its special needs. Even pillow fluffs usually have relitive bowel control. This one probably does not.