"Crippled" by wolfram_sparks (FB ID: 31588)

113 Likes

Thank goodness for the brown foal. Charlotte and her dad are totally unsuitable parents for a special needs pet of any sort. Sadly, the green one is likely doomed.

17 Likes

so sad :cry: (this is a joke)

22 Likes

Since they are toys no one goes in their right mind buys defective toys, better luck being Kibble deformed legs :rofl:

10 Likes

Misprints are usually more valuable than correct ones, though that’s more of a mutation thing.

Discounts are also favored. One person’s busted arm is another person’s ability to get another thing for the same price. That’s exactly how I collect actual Hasbro stuff. Or in the case of Fluffies just have a free month or whatever in the cost of supplies as the food cost factors against the discount.

Modding is also a reason to want defects. Prebusted Fluffy feels like a DIY project, bust it yourself and there is no challenge. I think the term is Kit Doctoring, you buy broken or incomplete toys, electronics, and models from ebay and make it work and make it beautiful. People do it with Warhammer models, modded game rigs, and grimy sunbleached 80’s toys especially.

10 Likes

Kit-bashing, I think is the term.

@Booperino has fun since one of their settings is cyberpunk tech levels. The Fixer fixes fluffies. It’s a cute take on things.

7 Likes

yeah fixer was created with that idea of “hey if they are biotoys, there would be someone crazy enough to try to repair them, like what i see in repair vids on youtube”

5 Likes

Delicious

2 Likes

Support Right To Repair!

5 Likes

Just to be a contrarian:

Ending Credits:
Green fluffy lives a long and happy life with loving owners. They even let him have a special friend and few litters of well behave babbehs!!!

Crippled fluff never finds a family due to its high maintenance needs. Everyday it sees other, healthier fluffs get chosen over it, despite how nice and polite it learns to be. One day, after the last customer has left and all the high quality fluffies have been bought, the crippled fluff get thrown into a box with other fluffies, all malformed, poorly-colored, or otherwise unwanted…

:hugs:

13 Likes

Nah, kitbashing is when you store up a box of extra parts plus just garbage that might be useful with alterations and paint like fireworks parts or interesting bottles then just make something.

Basically everything in A New Hope and most of Empire was made from that.

Summary

3 Likes

I’ll be extra contrarian >:3 they both get adopted in the last second!!!

3 Likes

Heh. Admittedly, the bratty dialog from the human got me. That is entirely possible! On Reddit I commented:

Aaaaw… poor brown fluff. Great colors, but I wouldn’t be up for taking care of the little fluff :frowning:

That said: I hope it either gets a good home or is quietly put to sleep. But its a Wolfram comic so I won’t bet on it.

3 Likes

… by a PERVERT!!! :smiling_imp:

8 Likes

That wouldn’t worry me. A Furvert might.

2 Likes

all right this is sort of devolved into godmodding at this point

the friendly kind of godmodding, but still

2 Likes

…who uses the fluffys to woo HUMAN women but still take care of them genuinelly :smiling_imp:

1 Like

we just being silly, we can stop XP

2 Likes

Pffff. He lures unsuspecting CHUBACABRAS to a night they’ll try to forget.

1 Like

I’ve seen that in fact I did it with my old GBA but in the case of toys have a utility either as a decorative element or piece of interest for collectors willing to pay a good sum for an exotic piece, on the contrary the fluffies are more disposable and easy to replace this subtracts interest from DIY what you spend in the kit better buy a full litter :sunglasses: