Daddy's Drinking Again (quantumFluffup)

Sorry this is basically just a rough draft. But it’s been so long since I was active that I just wanted to post something. So… enjoy?

50 Likes

Ah the unquestioning loyalty of a Fluffy and the confusing love/hate relationship of a somewhat functional alcoholic.

It’s heartbreaking, which is why I kinda love it.

9 Likes

I feel so bad for her. Her daddy is much better functioning under alcohol… She tries her best and deserves a better home.

4 Likes

Well maybe he gets evicted and she ends up in a shelter.
That alone is already much better for her.

1 Like

The way the fluff here acts & tries its best to be good is more like a sentient talking dog.
Kinda takes the fun out of watching someone else’s life suck.

Edit - not that I’m complaining about the story at all, just an observation about this fluff not being as easily hateable as the rest

3 Likes

I was never a big fan of writing “hellgremlin” Fluffies. I like mine to be more stupid than anything else. Stupid, and often unfortunate…

8 Likes

hope she left some of that kibble for tomorrow.

Start licking his face. :slight_smile:

Wonder if she’ll get kicked out and become a feral at this rate?

1 Like

I think fluffies can be many things.
Some are just stupid, some can be likable in a bad situation like this one.
And others still are hatefull spitfull spoiled little bastards that need a spinaltap by boot.

Even that is better then what she has now.
Chance to be picked up by a shelter for one.

4 Likes

Cue everyone screaming hate at the dude

1 Like

Oh wow, this was really something. That poor fluffy is trying her best, but she has an owner that does not have his life together. It’s nice to know that he treats her nice when drunk instead of abusing her more like others might, though it just makes it more sad that he blames her for his mistakes when sober.

7 Likes

Nah, he is a victim too.
But a victim of his own making he should seek help for his issues and fix his life.
Because as it is he is spiraling down and taking a fluffy with him.

2 Likes

A victim of his own misdeeds elicites less pity than a victim of someone else’s failure-borne abuse.

1 Like

Masterful! Yeah, the treatment is basic - but the story is gold.

2 Likes

Thank you!! Fluffy Community is always so kind and rewarding to post for. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Poor Fluffy, clearly just smart enough at the end to realize the trap it is in, and as a fluffy, unable to do anything about it. It will almost be a relief at the end when the ‘functional’ part of her alcoholic owner’s diagnosis finally gives up and they’re both out of a home. I could be wrong but is there a sequel where the owner is a street hobo and the fluffy is trained to do dances to get his booze money?

1 Like

no worries, the fact that it comes to a conclusion already gives bonus points

1 Like

Now see, why you gotta be getting so real on us?

But seriously, this is a great example of using a fluffy to reflect on animal abuse in ways that using nonverbal animals can’t.

Or non verbal humans, if you want to get really depressing.

3 Likes

The worst thing is that she is clever enough at the end to realize she is in a trap.
But has no idea how to get out of it.

Damn, how does he sleep through all of that?

Also, Marigold is so pretty and likable! And the whole looping structure of this comic is perfection! Love this!

2 Likes

What a comeback! I was missing you and your awesome, fun style!

As for the comic… well, certain parts hit a bit home there

1 Like