DAMMIT VIRGIL! I can't see the controversial categories anymore!

If you’ve noticed that you have this problem, it’s not a flaw. I haven’t spilled whiskey on the server…again…
Today I realized that simply the default muting of the controversial categories was not quite enough to really hide them from the general public.
As I hope you all know, I consider the FluffyCommunity to be a “Choose-Your-Own-Level-of-Depravity” community.
I want you to have to opt-in to seeing the aspects of fluffies that have been known to disgust people.
But it should also be easy to opt-in.
In this case, it’s as easy as joining the @Controversial group.
(click on it)
(Yeah, where it says @controversial in big letters, click on that!)

You don’t need to make this your primary group.
And I’m willing to hear any suggestions for an icon.
But for right now, a bottle of bleach… kinda works.

I’ll be changing the default muted categories shortly after I post this.
Be sure you check your Category Preferences to make sure you’re only seeing as much as you want to.

Choose your own level of involvement.

23 Likes

Oh thank god, thought you said Fuck All Of You degenerates and nuked the content

6 Likes

I fear nothing, show me all of the depravity so I can constantly wonder why I’m still here.

6 Likes

I would never.
Wouldn’t make much sense for me to agree to run a fluffy website and then say “BUT ONLY HUGBOX IS ALLOWED!”

Check things out, and let me know if I screwed anything up.

8 Likes

Bleach is perfect.

Hrm… I only want to see Controversial once in a while, and usually because specific people posted (like @Moesius and @anon3053411 doing anthro). Can you be in the group AND mute? I’m one of those weirdos that checks at work on my lunch break, so the previous system worked well for me.

4 Likes

The specific problem that was noticed was that whether you have controversial subcategories muted or not, a direct link would still take you to them.

4 Likes

Due to today’s events unfurling from AlleyBalley I assumed it was an angry Virgil smiting the users arguing.

1 Like

Actually I found it because of the voiceover that Dragonixa and I have been working on.
Apparently I accidentally horrified someone.

3 Likes

Once you’re in the group you can mute any category or tag that you don’t ever want to see.
This will not stop you from following direct links to such content, but it should make it less likely for you to stumble across them in your general browsing.

5 Likes

Is this group being made or is it already and I ain’t looking right?

1 Like

https://fluffy-community.com/g/Controversial

1 Like

I cant seem to access Image by Others anymore like before :frowning:

2 Likes

I’ve manually added you to the group.

3 Likes

I ain’t having that problem, try refreshing the page or app just in case

1 Like

Thanks @ArisenLeaf and thanks @Virgil i can see both the controversial and the image by others as well. :+1:

3 Likes

My suggestion for the icon is a futa anthro and a human spitroasting an enfie babbeh but not like super detailed, more ms-paint/crayon artstyle type of thing.

3 Likes

Thanks, as always, I want all the smut that this beautiful place has to offer.

BRING. IT. ON.

3 Likes

I’ve got two users blocked because they output a lot of content that I’m just not interested in but I still see their posts. Also, how can I blacklist certain tags? Never want to see anthro stuff

2 Likes

have you went to preferences and tried to mute those tags?
*edited: sorry put categories instead of tags

Thanks, I’ve got some tags muted now. Would be nice to know why I see the blocked posts of other users though. Not a huge deal but like I said they post a lot of stuff that I just do not care about.

1 Like