Decorative Mini-Ba [ Heroboitellem ]

terrarium foal

In Japan, Microfluffs are generally known as Mini-ba (ミニ馬) and primarily won from Gashapon Machines. While the Gashapon Mini-ba are not breedable, they do live anywhere between 6-14 months if well cared for. Their Fluffspeak is programmed to mirror a form of toddler speak known as ikujigo, and they tend to describe objects they don’t know the name of with onomatopoeic language.

They have many hobbies centered around them and are collected and traded by kids especially. It’s currently popular among young women to make or purchase small but elaborate outfits and photograph their collections, and for young school boys to make them battle. But many elderly hobbyists like to make them the centerpieces of terrariums and bantamariums.

Some go to great lengths to make bioactive enclosures for their Microfluffs, but with the import of floral and herb bearing garden-fluffies, the Gashapon Mini-ba have lost some favour lately in this hobby. However, plant based microfluffs with enriched gel formulas are soon to be released locally by FuwaFuwa Co, which may reinvigorate interest.

Aquarium Microfluffs have already hit the market but are more scarcely obtainable and higher maintenance, often available at festivals as prizes in traditional style games.

Many working adults simply use the Gashapon Mini-Ba as decorative finishing pieces to already established plants (as shown). This one is not permitted to leave the log it is sitting on, or it will be punished with wasabi on its tongue or pin pricking-- common methods of ensuring compliance and silence.

90 Likes

They are still submissive.

13 Likes

Perfect for my Mason Jar decoration.

4 Likes

I’ve always wanted to have a fluffy in a terrarium next to my computer. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

Go bigger, fluffy terrarium desk, your computer will take care of the warmth

1 Like

Putting the terror in terrarium.

5 Likes

Not allowed? I’d just have her superglued to the log!

4 Likes

Oh heck yeah! Decorative fluffies are the best. Though they need to make sure the colors compliment the plants too.

Adorable and cruel all at the same time, well done. Though I could think of a few other places to put the wasabi. Lol

3 Likes

I really dig this. It reminds me of those too-small beta fish aquariums I see online sometimes. It looks nice, but is really cruel to the pet.
I really like this concept, it’s very creative. And I love the art! I bet those plants took forever,haha. Excellent work.

1 Like

I guess having them breedable would kinda destroy the market for these critters, still, I imagine people would want to selectively breed them, since they are used for so many different purposes. It also kinda sucks they don’t really live beyond a year.

I love the art btw

Great concept!

…I wan tto read a story where boys make them fight like Pokemon.

1 Like

Ditto!

Best thing it is mobile, at night I would put it on my bedside table.

Ooh, that’s a good comic idea.
I remember seeing one or two pictures where fluff had knives and razors tied or grafted into it’s arms so it would unintentionally cut the other fluffs when it tried to hug them

The picture gave me an idea: restrain a fluff for at least a week or two, long enough that you can slice open its back and plant seeds, then they have time to start growing and get established.
The moisture from the fluff’s living tissue is enough to keep the plant alive, and the roots will slowly spread and try to get deeper into the body.

Fffff. This is a hobby I would actually like. Haha. I want like. Bioluminescent water micros too though. Like that algae that glows blue? Make a sweet fuckin’ terrarium and put some kind of agitator that scares them so they light up. Literal babbling brooks. Lol

2 Likes