Defluffing by Chikahiro

Responding to @puggiewaffle

And no, it’s not instant. The growth is over a period of time.

40 Likes

Now I have the idea of shearing fluffies for their fluff, like with sheep.

9 Likes
4 Likes

NAKEY!

7 Likes

Wholesome defluff.

6 Likes

This isn’t already a thing? Why?

5 Likes

Gonna need a lot of them just to make s sweeter

3 Likes

If someone had written or drawn it, I haven’t come across it yet. Marcusmaximus did draw a fluffy being shaved, but it was more as a joke, and I haven’t really seen anyone defluff a fluffy for a practical reason since they usually end up doing it for abuse, punishment or a joke

I’d own a farm around that idea. I’m not keen on fluffy eating, but I wouldn’t mind raising fluffies to harvest their fluff to makes clothes from

3 Likes

Hmmm that sounds like a very profitable industry but it gonna also be hard keeping the fluff clean since the shit and piss at the slightest inconvenience and not to mention all the things your gonna need to keep them all happy and entertained and of course you have to worry about the smarty syndrome or smarty fluffys and predators if it’s a outside facility

1 Like

First response and the easiest - depends on headcanon aka don’t obsess over writing about how smelly, poopy fluffies are

Seocnd solution - farms smell. For real. I know people like to push this romantic notion of farms as these idyllic places away from the busy urban life, but farm life isn’t easy. And farm animals also piss and shit - something that farmers have to live with.

Not too different from keeping farm animals happy. Heck, I’d imagine that the idea of keeping a farm fluffy happy with human-ish toys would make for an interesting experience in contrast to the average farm animal

again, headcanon I think people obsess too much about this idea.

Farmers have to worry about predators all the time.

No, the real problem with the fiction is the authorial intent, and the fact that people just can’t write fluffies in any way other than their preconceptions. And sure, people will argue that “I am just as bad by being a hugboxer”, but I’d argue that its pointless to use that argument when so many people naturally are predisposed to think the abuse/cruel option.

2 Likes

Having tried to take out tangles and matted fur from pets? It seemed like a good use of the product for an extreme case. Safer for the fluffy.

4 Likes

If sheep aren’t harmed by shearing, why should fluffies? There’s worse that can happen on a fluffy farm than getting their fluff taken (although I doubt they would like it…).

Think about it: fluffy fluff comes in many different colours, so it doesn’t need artificial dyes. Maybe that’s a way for people who are normally sensitive to the chemicals found in regular dyes to still wear colourful clothes?

I have an idea in the making, but not the time right now to draw it, but I’d love to explore this concept further.

4 Likes

True but that would demand on where the location is cause some areas have little to no predators for miles or it’s just swarming with them my family has a couple of ranches and the predators are there differ some are the same like hogs, coyotes(human and animal) mountain lion, and Bob cats just to name a few or they dont really have any at all just pests and vermin like rats and rabbits that eat their stocks food or other humans trying to steal their stock and I think the smarty syndrome has a very good strong cannon cause how it can play In real life its basically a very spoiled needy sometimes violent mentality that all animals can come to inherit either it’s being taught that or it’s the fault of the owners but just have the ability to construct basic sentences togeather

1 Like

Kinda a cute lil dork. :laughing:

2 Likes

This is such a wholesome reason to defluff i love it!

3 Likes

Never thought this shampoo actually have some positive use.

2 Likes

I think I was replying to “wholesome defluff”. In that situation it’d be a non professional doing it. Most anyone can give a fluffy a bath. Not everyone should hold a cutting edge near one. In my mind, anyhow.

3 Likes

I couldn’t see using it on domestic fluffies. But for ferals? Yeah. Especially if the setting places a very high social value on fluff.

Bring in a herd. Tag then. Wash them like this partly for hygiene, partly to look for signs of past injuries (scars) or possible skin problems, and partly to break up their status quo. Might make it easier to get them to behave, to establish a different hard leader (one of your choosing), and possibly rehabilitate them to living with humans and domestics. Or at least being semi-domestic (as we see with many ferals-turned-farm fluff stories).

It’s a tool. Doesn’t matter what the ultimate goal is, a shampoo like that works be an easy way to get the fluff off without spending a ton of time on it or as much struggle as other methods for untrained people.

3 Likes

You do such a good job of creating hugbox that feels like hugbox. I love your stuff!

Views on Hugbox

This isn’t directed at anyone in particular, but I feel like some hugbox is more glurge. Just cutesy stuff to pull at your heartstrings. Artificial scenes with the cuteness factor cranked up to eleven just to get an emotional response. Kinda manipulative. (AGAIN NO ONE IN PARTICULAR JUST MY VIEW ON HUGBOX IN GENERAL). But you create genuinely sweet and endearing scenes. It’s hugbox that I just like with no qualifiers needed. :hugs:

4 Likes

That’s a really interesting word/term! Huh! It’s more emotive than “saccharine” :slight_smile:

4 Likes