Deluxe Micro Cage (by Labcoat)

Really wanted to draw some micro environments and thought of those ferret cages with multiple levels and what not. Which lead me to this Deluxe cage.

Several areas are made safer with the use of little safety nets and plastic dome pieces.
And yes I know the cage holes are big enough that they could fall or escape I just didn’t want to make them smaller cause then the image with cage on would basically just be the mesh.

Each level has a litter box that can be easily removed and cleaned.
All ramps have grooves to help the fluffs climb but still shallow enough that they can slide down them. Plus all ramps are curved to keep the fluff in the center of the ramp.
The level design has no logic to it beyond, yup that looks fine.
I do not know why I put a very steep green ramp at the top, nor why I colored the second floor different color, lol I just did.

65 Likes

This inspires me to make some micro cage designs, this is very interesting, hope to see more!

3 Likes

Oh wow! Easy 15 birds with one stone!

1 Like

Very nice!

1 Like

The first fluffy run sort of post that if seen in an age where there isn’t just the poop level there all the brown fluffs get pushed

5 Likes

Good job👍
I like how you handled the various environments.

1 Like

Really nice!!! I want to do something like this.

1 Like

So cuuuute!

1 Like

“Dis am hidey spot!! Wub hidey!” <3
I just wanna shrink down and live in there with them~

2 Likes

I love this idea so much! Definitely a different take than the standard nutri-gel habitat.

It’s not that they could escape necessarily, it’s that they could get their head stuck and choke themselves to death. I know it’s not your intention with this piece as you’ve said, but I can see companies making these things with too wide of bar space anyway which will choke micros to death and cause a lawsuit or something.

1 Like

A good design for a cage, thanks!