Derpy daycare - chapter 5 - (Commissioned for ZA) (InfraredTurbine)

Just kill it and be done with it it’s not a crime if they don’t fall under the animal cruelty act.

1 Like

You see the thing about that is:

Long-winded explanation of the Za Literary Universe that nobody asked for

In my stories, fluffies are portrayed as naturally-occurring organisms rather than complying with the Hasbio headcanon. Fluffies just evolved one day in a way that I plan to write out soonish. They therefore fall under the protection of any and all laws that other animals would fall under.

1 Like

Tbh, if I had a fluffy I was attached to I’d check on them first as well while calling an ambulance. Fluffies die from just about anything so that fact it’s unharmed is a miracle to say the least.
The last thing you do when someone hits their head is touch them, unless you’re trained for it. You can kill them if they hurt themselves and hurt them if they haven’t.

Dude is suffering whiplash from bait and switching himself hard, and given his unhappy attitude, this is gonna be the drop that spills the cup. Super well written story and the art backs it up exceptionally.

Keeping my eyes peeled :eyes:

3 Likes

I’m so glad you enjoy the story! Turbine’s done better than anyone else could’ve at bringing these characters to life

2 Likes

The bit at the end, where he calls the fluffy a “Filthy fucking animal,” that’s insulting to real animals! Fluffies are just toy chmeras! Yeah, I get why this guy is on the verge of a breakdown if this is the shit he has to deal with. Just break up dude, if your pather cares about a fake cartoon horse more than you, you know it’s not gonna work.

1 Like

But it is a crime falling under property damage/destruction laws

As I said in an above comment (which you probably overlooked bc there are so many comments lmao), I write fluffies as actual animals that evolved like every other animal. I forego the Hasbio story. Also yeah, Juniper’s a little… out there.

2 Likes

Yeah, everybody has their own interpretation and cannon. But still, the consensus most people take is, fluffies still have no protections and rights, there still labeled “bio toys” unless you cannon states otherwise

1 Like

I’m aware, I’ve been around the community since the beginning. However I find the whole biotoy thing to be boring and uninspired.

The characters opinions do not reflect in mine or za’s real life opinion. You can write about Hitt#r and still don’t agree with his ideas and etc. It’s just a matter of interpretation. It was specific that Mitchel had a dog some years ago and loved it so much but fluffies is something that he hates the most.

1 Like

While the default starting point for fluffies was as ‘biotoys’, in the vast majority of stories they are treated as animals. I would not assume that fluffies have no legal protection in a given author’s canon unless it was explicitly stated. On the contrary, I think most authors assume some legal rights (if only as property).

Two things to consider: 1. They are patently alive-they eat, drink, sleep, reproduce, defecate (lord do they defecate) - so claiming they aren’t alive is the kind of stupid trick a corporation would try to pull and get smacked down in court. 2. Sadly, fluffies being classed as living creatures doesn’t actually prohibit any sort of abuse. Humans routinely castrate, mutilate, and butcher animals on a scale beyond the most dedicated abuser’s wildest (wettest?) dreams. Feral animals are culled, wild pigs are shot from helicopters…even beloved pets are castrated or have their babies taken away.

So the biotoy bit doesn’t really serve any narrative purpose anyway, beyond explaining why they were created in the first place.

3 Likes

That’s a crap situation for the guy.

2 Likes