Evolution thingy/idea/thought or whatever

IMO, I don’t think fluffies would stay stupid or weak forever, particularly ferals who need to survive in the wild. They have fast generations, an ability to learn and retain information, and frankly fucked up genes.

These things fuck a lot, most fluffiest have the biological instinct to have As Many Babies As Possible, and in many headcanons is only takes six months for a fluffy to reach sexual maturity. And since mares usually want as many litters as they can feasibly have (considering resources and safety, of course), depending on your headcanons for fluffy lifespans these things can pop out many foals in their lifetime. And with constant generations, there is constant evolution. 13-ish years makes a hell of a lot of fluffies.

Fluffies have the building blocks for intelligence, strength, and emotional maturity. The only things holding them back as a species is their biological limitations imposed by humans playing gods. This programming instilled into them is just as damning as it is for us humans, who have psychological features that are continuously taken advantage of by abusive systems and people. Not to mention, while humans are infinitely more put together than fluffies biologically, our bodies are weird as fuck by most complex animal’s standards, as are our brains. Humans and fluffies are much more similar than we think.

Anyways! Fluffies have this shitty, unfinished genetic code that has limited feral animals trying to survive from doing that, as they’re supposed to be domestic animals. But this instability isn’t a death sentence. Like I said, the building blocks are there, and since hasbio was unable to gain control over the minds and bodies of fluffies, they are able to be built with.

Modern fluffies, both feral and domestic, have shown to be smarter and stronger than their ancestors, scoring significantly higher on tests from researchers. People have reported more complex herds, with more capable smartie friends. Things are changing, at least in my headcanon lmao. I just think it would be cool if fluffies grew away from their programming and flaws

7 Likes

While i can kinda see fluffies evolving, without human intervention it will take forever.

Poor-colored or alicorn colored fluffies needed? They’ll be killed or made into poop munchers in ‘the wild’. Yeah, sometimes it doesn’t happen it for the most part that seems to be the case. Plus, it all depends on where the wild fluffies are,and if they go SQUISH on a road.

Im also barely awake, and need to let the coffee work it’s magic. Will give your post another read when it does

2 Likes

There’s a number of things in the line of thinking here. I’m a fan of the medical world and what come with it.

That’s no how evolution work as a whole. Just because an animal line fucks a lot, doesn’t automatically change them. Look at the alligator, been here for millions of years and they barely changed. Or the fly for such as they breed fast and repeatedly. Things changes to suit where they lives, not just because they fuck a lot.

That’s kind of defeats the whole point of being a fluffy - it’s their flaws and programing make them a Fluffy and not just a MLP thing. Along with that, what’d be the point of having such when it can just be MLP in the end?

Edit: BTW, how old you?

2 Likes

I was about to mention rabbits breeding like rabbits without evolutionary changes, but them again, rabbits are actually competent at survival.

Where fluffies would have an extreme selection process where the ones bad at surviving die quickly, allowing quick adaptations to the environment.

Loud fluffies would die fast, only the quiet ones would survive childhood, passing their genes and making more quiet fluffies.
And so on.

1 Like

Idk, I really don’t think fluffies can outfuck their stupidity or their utter harmlessness- the key ingredient to a fluffy is that it can’t reasonably hurt anything or defend itself against anything other than other fluffies. Also keep in mind most competent animal species die in the wild before reaching true adulthood- fluffies are the definition of incompetent animals, the majority of ferals are gonna die as babbehs, the rest may get a year or two if they’re extremely lucky.

Obviously the rule gets broken a lot and it can be done in interesting ways, but that’s the key- you can’t just make fluffies into Warrior Cats or something

1 Like

Fluffies are genetically designed chimeras designed to be as harmless as possible. They don’t evolve. They have a modicum of intelligence that means that they can pass knowledge down from generation to generation. Feral herds can pass on survival knowledge like what foods are OK to eat and how to stay away from predators for example alongside the general knowledge Hasbio gave them on how to breed and take care of their offspring.

That’s the whole point of Fluffies though. They are flawed because humans can’t design a perfect creature. Making them lose their flaws would turn them into donut steel MLPs with a lisp.

1 Like

I don’t know, there was this “wild fluffies” if I remember the name, where some ferals evolved quiet foals that don’t chirp as a defense mechanism.
It’s not like they need to get smarter and shit less.

Also, if they don’t mutate and evolve it means they ARE a genetically perfect organism, something that also seens quite strange.

2 Likes

You mean this? This was someone’s personal head canon and their own making.

Well no, it’d mean they’re just, as the old adventure gamers would say, walking dead. Part of the reason why animals and people DNA are different and so unstable is because it means that one cold don’t wipe out the whole species. Along with that, it’s how living beings have their bodies learn to fight off illnesses.

1 Like

Fluffies can be “Perfect organisms” in that Hasbio made sure they didn’t evolve. And anyway, capping off evolution makes good business sense to create a better “Next generation” when the old ones die off. Fluffies have design flaws they have to manage on top of their slow and weak nature.

Plus writing wise. It makes fluffies insanely boring if they don’t have design flaws and they are “evolved and perfect”. “Able to get past predators because of quiet cheeps and developing camouflage” means they are just OP at that point and leads to donut steel headcanons. Writing fluffies with the flaws that come with being a designer pet thrust into the big bad world is way more interesting in trying than trying to write out the flaws.

2 Likes

I completely agree. That’s actually kind of a running theme in my works.

Fluffies were created with the DNA of several species (which, depending on headcanon, includes humans), all of which have the capacity to evolve.

Funny thing about evolution: even amoebas can do it!

If Hasbio’s geneticists were somehow able to limit fluffykind’s capacity to evolve, then, logically speaking, another geneticist of equal or greater skill could remove those limitations, couldn’t they?

And if that’s possible, why wouldn’t anyone do that? Why wouldn’t people in-universe want to do something about the many flaws fluffies have?

2 Likes

I see fluffies as this evolutionary peak where everything just works ti the point that better options fail tests of the fittest. Like for example glass bones that break paper skin that doesn’t protect and weak muscles that can’t overpower others and weak ligaments barely holding on by a thread. Say they get one to be better. Denser bones that aren’t hollow? Slows down an already glacial creature. Not fit. Thicker tougher skin that resists attacks? Not as flexible they can’t squeeze their way under and into things when they’re under attack. Not fit. Stronger muscles? Snaps the spurs right off the bone. Can’t use it without permanently hurting themselves. Not fit. Tougher ligaments that can bear more strain and flex more? Muscles arent strong enough to pull them. Not fit. They’re an island of mediocrity in an ocean of sucking harder.

2 Likes

How I have handled/will handle it in stories for my universe is that they are genetically programmed to not mutate given their already hodgepodge DNA. There’s already cool real world research on it.

Fast breeding animals like rats are super prone to cancer and tumors. I have a story in drafts where the Hasbio researcher literally cures cancer in fluffies by programming them to not mutate and is misanthropic because Hasbio obviously won’t make the research public to protect their product.

2 Likes

Yes, as is everything about fluffies, someone’s creating, there is no canon at all, and I used that as an example of that fluffy evolution is not the same as turning them into mlp characters.

You’re getting things completely backwards…
One of the reason all life is not wiped out by a single disease is because DNA is unstable.

Stopping a fluffy from mutating would mean their DNA is so perfect it never fails/mutates during division, removing any kind of cancer, birth defect or genetic illness from them.
It would mean they would all die out from the first disease that mutates to infect them.

1 Like

By the time Hasbio would pay the salaries for the biochemistry and genetics scientists to work on a fucking designers pet pig/horse/parrot hybrid, genetics research would already be at the point where curing cancer would be common and easy.

Anything else requires both Hasbio hierarchy and their scientists to be all crazy people hellbent on playing God for nothing but their personal satisfaction. Not to mention that the scientists would all have to be Jimmy Neutron level, crazy super geniuses that are light years ahead of the world.

2 Likes

But I don’t want to cure cancer. I want to turn people into dinosaurs make fluffies.

4 Likes

I dont doubt that some venture capitalist would get a bunch of techbro investors to drop a few million dollars to try and clone a rainbow horse just under the promise of doubling their investment.

I am also misanthropic and the fact that the ultra wealthy dont use their wealth to build colleges and hospitals like Rockefeller did reinforces my belief that we would absolutely make fluffies before curing cancer.

1 Like