Exterminator Stories! Art by gr1m_1

Interesting, my first thought was the colourful crystals that people like to buy. They would definitely distract some of the exceptionally stupid fluffies.
“NUUU, Speshal fwend nu take fowebah- ooh pwetty” BLAM

1 Like

Funny metal goes boom

1 Like

I’m not sure the cost of making those crystals would be worth loading them in a shell, though since they’re cubic it’d be like the Puckle gun all over again.

HISTORY MODE ACTIVATE

The Puckle gun was an early attempt at making a repeating firearm, and was basically a mounted, manually cycled flintlock revolver, first patented and manufactured in the early 1700s. It would be an understatement to describe it as ‘unpopular’ since production numbers for the entire series was in the single digits, with two being actually found. It fired a 1.25 inch (32 mm) round, and could hold between six and eleven shots depending on the cylinder design.

Here’s where it gets to the reference. Puckle demonstrated two versions of the gun, one which fired conventional round balls, which was apparently meant for general use against Christians, and a version that fired square bullets. Which he said was for shooting at Muslims, specifically Turks.

Because square bullets would hurt more.

4 Likes

Wait wut?

2 Likes

Yeah, the Puckle gun could be sold in versions with round or square-rifled barrels, and Puckle marketed the square bullets as being meant for use against Muslims. He wanted to have the gun be used to try and convert them to Christianity through sheer not-wanting-to-be-shot-with-a-square-bullet-ness.

He was kind of a loon.

3 Likes

Got one for you guys… A flammable nontoxic foam that will fill the allyway , course its toxic as fuck to fluffies… Makes them unable to move while stray cats and dogs can escape… After 5minutes… Toss in a match for a massive flambe! Course gotta partition the area off so the shitrats can’t get out, or the foam spreads… But still… Crispy roasted shitrats, in less than 10minutes!

3 Likes

Or just sketti flavor lazed cellulose nitrate with another compound that makes a heating reaction when in contact with fluffy digestive juices to make the shitrats go boom inside

2 Likes

Sounds good, but too messy… Wanna keep em in one piece as much as possible for a full clean up… Otherwise shitrats might learn the smell and start nests elsewhere… Gotta break out the flamers and purge them of its Heresy of existence without owners…

2 Likes

How about an amount just strong enough to destroy the internal organs but not the skin

2 Likes

reject hugbox, return to neutrality

4 Likes

Are those napalm rounds or what?

2 Likes

An exaggeration of relighting a small field of oily/waxy smoke with a single incendiary shell

That or fluffies are more flammable than I remembered. Maybe both?! I’m not much of a scientist I just like making pretty pictuhs

3 Likes

I do remember some story about a guy making napalm rounds using styrofoam so its doable

3 Likes

this is beutiful and the way every fluffy gets hurt is amazing

3 Likes

this was absolutely lovely, some good old-fashioned no bullshit rip and tear, can’t argue with results and a burden is to be handled as one, pleas and demands? shotgun says no. lovely work, I truly enjoyed it. it brought a smile to my face

2 Likes

Hey Gr1m! What would happen if a overzealous exterminator kills A rare and really expensive fluffy that has A owner? (Say the owners bitch aunt threw the fluffy out cause she doesn’t like it), would exterminator get fired and fined for the value, jail time? What? Pay the insurance company?

2 Likes

OH MY VIKING SOUL HAS BEEN NOURISHED!! BTW, love your art style.

3 Likes

I guess it depends on the head canon but a rare/expensive fluffy would maybe be on some kind of insurance?
Seeing as fluffies is so fragile and again HC dictates if fluffy vets/surgeons are common or highly specialized and expensive. Expensive fluffies can have chips and a new guy forgets to check (perhaps they get a bonus for good colours for the factoires IDK)

I could go on and on about this tbh and play the devil’s advocate too that companies have compensation for ‘accidental’ killing. Training, and disciplinary procedures in place.
Insurance companies investigate if the cause of escape etc. etc. it wouldn’t necessarily fall onto the exterminator. More the ‘bitch aunt’ you mention in your example would end up paying back the owner even jail as you say.

But it’s fun to theorize/world build man

3 Likes

Very detailed and beautifully drawn! Vermin shall be exterminated.

3 Likes

We all do

2 Likes