[Fall of Cleveland 1] “The Fluffy Prophet” (Author: Vanner) (Artist: MarcusMaximus) {FB ID: 862 & 866}

>You are an electrician, and you are freezing your balls off.
>Who the hell does construction on a theme park in December anyway?
>At least the pay is good. Not too many jobs in the winter, and it seems like everyone and their brother got hired to do this place.
>But, man almighty, this is one of the weirdest jobs you’ve ever had to do.
>Everything’s flat and level, and all the buildings have foam walls on the lower half
>All the outlets are covered by spring loaded outdoor enclosure, even the wall outlets in offices.
>And everything is conduits. Not a scrap of wire left behind the walls without shielding.
>Something about “Wall spaghetti” whatever that means.
>A bit odd, but the customer gets what they want.
>Today, you’re finishing the high voltage lines coming in from the substation that the city put in for this place.
>All that sweet nuclear power coming from Perry just warms your heart.
>Looks like everything checks out here, and it’s about time to throw the switch.
>One last check for anything left in the substation. Ladders, tools, lunch boxes…
>”Hi mistah! Nummies?”
>Fluffy ponies…
>You briefly consider flipping the switch anyway and letting the critter roast, but your kid has one of these things and they’re not all bad.
>Instead you pick him up by the scruff and hold him to eye level.
>”Nuuu!” he squeals, furiously pedaling his legs in the air. “Dun huwt fwuffy!”
>”You realize how dangerous places like this are?” you ask the ball of fluff. You turn him back to the substation, then back to your face.
>“You would have been vaporized. Annihilated. Exploded.”
>”Esp-wode?” says the fluffy. “Wha dat? Soun fun! Fwuffy wan espwode!”
>You really don’t have time to argue with a fluffy pony, so you set him down on the ground and boot his fluffy butt away from the substation.
>”You big meanie munster!” whines the fluffy. “Jus wan nummies!”
>”Yeah, well I want a blow job,” you retort. “You can’t everything you want. Now scram.”
>The fluffy blows a raspberry at you and wanders off across the muddy plain.
>After locking the fence, you pick up your cell phone and give the power station a call.
>”Yeah, we’re ready here,” you tell the station. “Area’s clear, secure, and ready for power.”
>You’ve been doing this job for as long as you’d care to remember, and you still get a thrill every time you get to power one of these beasts up.
>It’d be better if that fluffy wasn’t tugging on your pant leg.
>”I thought I told you to get lost.”
>”No get in metaw pwace!” he says.
>”Stay out of there, you idiot!” you reply. “Did you want to die?”
>”Bu hewd in dere!” he says.
>…wat.
>Actually, watt. A whole heaping few thousand kilowatts power through the station with the force of a trillion electrons just aching to do work
>It’s only a moment before the screams of a dozen ferals reaches your ears and the stench of burnt fluff reaches your nose.
>Spells like rabbit, actually.
>Luckily, these newer substations are fault tolerant for such things.
>A small pop sends four flaming foals from somewhere within the substation.
>One lands at your feet, chriping and crying as it tries to escape the flames.
>”Fieh no gud fow babehs! Fwuffy gif hugs! Put dem out!”
>The fluffy launches himself over to it and tries to hug the flaming foal.
>Smothering flames with your body doesn’t work when you’re covered in flammable material.
>The fluffy is soon engulfed in a flames of his own.
>Instead of running in panic, he simply sits down and stares up at you.
>What a serene little fluffy; accepting death like a Buddhist monk.

>”Dis onwy da beginin’" he says, as the flames ignite the fat beneath his skin.
>”Da end wiww come fow us aww.”
>…this fluffy is apparently receiving some sort of enlightenment on his pyre.
>”It wiww end da onwy way it can,” he continues, as the flesh melts from his face.
>“Fwuffies wiww dwon in da fiehs, an earfs, and wa-was. Aww faww down. Aww wiww pewish."
>The charred body of the fluffy slumps to the ground and falls silent
>Freakin’ spooky.
>”Yo! Donnie! What’s the hold up?” calls your co-worker. “Help us get this shit wired. I’m freezing!”
>You walk away, but can’t help looking back at the charred fluffy staring back at you with empty eyesockets.
>Freakin’ spooky

author_vanner fall_of_cleveland fluffy_pony_dies fluffy_pony_story questionable text

26 Likes

It begins

2 Likes

Great! been wanting to read such a foundational work!

2 Likes

Any chance of a meta post with a link to all the stories as they are uploaded?

It would be nice to have a one stop shopping list and something to link to.

Thank you for this.

Part of the pain in the ass in my Cleveland project is trying to read the blurry screencaps

1 Like

It is a LONG story, but I loved the bits about the giant fluffies (Bowsers Herd) and the fuzzies, and about Skettiland itself when the fluffies get there :D. Theres some cute little stories along the way too.

Also, reading the Fall of Cleveland makes my own Jellyverse stories make more sense, because they’re set a few years after Cleveland and the whole Skettiland debacle

1 Like

Here

1 Like

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

1 Like