Family Outing (For Oculus) (By: PeppermintParchment)

This is a gift piece for @Oculusfluffy , who wanted fanart of @Valentino 's little family of fluffies. The fluffies are Petunia, Lilly, and Nimbus. I thought this family might enjoy a nice day at the beach!

Sorry it took so long ^.^’

57 Likes

Oh you have been busy.
I’m now tempted to ask for a collab where you illustrate some key scenes in Rambo’s stories.

2 Likes

I can do a few scenes for you.

3 Likes

I don’t know if it’s just me but if I had a pet fluffy I loved i wouldn’t trust it near a dog bowl let alone an ocean because of their reputation when it comes to water

1 Like

I think it’s high time to bury that part of fluffy lore.
It comes from a shitpost to begin with.

Some of them are genetically bred to dislike water.
Others, like kitsune fluffies tolerate water, because it makes it easier to clean their massive tails.

Fluffies have plenty of other flaws to capitalize on beyond their dislike for water.

3 Likes

Wholesome and cute love the shark prank :grin:

2 Likes

I think it makes sense that fluffies are a bit vulnerable to drowning, given that they aren’t designed to swim and their fluff could easily get waterlogged. Doesn’t mean they can’t swim, just that it’s reasonable to take precautions like water wings and floats.

It also makes sense that fluffies might tend to be afraid of water, especially if they are programmed and / or taught that water can kill them. Again, not every fluffy has to be this way, and they can overcome it–like that lovely comic about the ferals seeing a leaking hydrant and realizing they can safely splash in the water.

As for fluffies drowning in puddles or just by seeing water, well…some fluffies ARE really, really stupid.

I mean, its no big deal to exclude it from personal headcanon, but I think it can add a little bit of depth to fluffy lore. Not to mention that fluffies were basically created as shitposting.

2 Likes

It kind of goes against basic lore, but I consider my fluffies to be the equivalent of small dogs in what they can and can’t do. If I think a shih tzu could do it, I generally would think a fluffy could. So,my fluffies can swim, but not for long, and not far. I also take into consideration what you said, that a fluffy would get waterlogged (and probably tire easily, as well!). In general, I agree with you, fluffies probably would be afraid of water because of these aforementioned things, unless they learned to swim somewhere along the way.

2 Likes

I would say this story is perfectly in line with the lore (and adorable!) Fluffies have always struck me as being basically dogs, but with messed up instincts that have been partially replaced with human style reasoning ability.

I think a lot of the ‘stupidity’ of fluffies comes from the fact that they often ignore their instincts in a way that most animals don’t. Oddly, they are most like humans in this respect, but most humans have enough reasoning capacity to compensate for the messed up instincts. Fluffies don’t. Add to this the artificial programming that Hasbio incorporated, and you get the occassional fluffy that drowns when it sees the sea.

2 Likes

By the way, does that foal have a cocktail glass in the third panel? I can’t quite make out what its supposed to be.

1 Like

Does anybody know how to post art here

1 Like

In the comments of this post? Go to reply to comment,and look for the icon that looks like an arrow pointing up (:arrow_up: like this) on top of a rectangle and upload an image that way.

Same basic process if you’re wanting to upload an image to the website to share (like on the main page),except you have to click “+ new topic” on the front page.

He does,it’s supposed to be a little margarita glass.

1 Like

Thank you so much now I can finally post my art!

1 Like

That’s what it looks like, I just wasn’t sure, my eyesight isn’t what it was.

Most excellent, that is the perfect touch.

1 Like

yknow it suddenly hit me I never even commented on this piece despite it being utterly adorable.
You really managed to capture the vibes of these 3 very well, and your artstyle is absolutely precious!

2 Likes

I can’t believe I hadn’t come across this! Your fluffs are adorable and @PeppermintParchment s work is wonderful, this is just squee all around ~

3 Likes

Thank you. It is usually hard for me to adapt other people’s characters in my own style because igenerally draw the same fluffy face and just change the mane style, so I found it challenging to get your fluffy’s eyes close enough, haha. I’m glad you like it, and thanks for the compliments.

1 Like

Thank you for your nice compliments :slight_smile:

1 Like